Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Weirdest rp ever?

I'm honestly curious because I remembered one I had a couple years ago. It was a Pokemon roleplay with only the 1st-3rd generation Pokemon...at least it was until my partner started including Fenniken and others not from that generation.
The plot was Team Galatic was kidnapping trainers and injecting them with Pokemon DNA, though all it really does is give Pokemon human forms and the ability to speak, so I don't really know what the goal was.

My partner eventually added two of experiments as characters and they were also lesbians that served absolutely no purpose. Basically the whole roleplay was my partner throwing in a bunch of random stuff like lesbians, kidnappings that are quickly ignored for randomness and more talking Pokemon. Meanwhile, I just quietly followed along.

Mine might not be too bad, but has anyone else had weird roleplays?
Yeah, back on the previous site I RPed on, eventually one of the RPs I was in ended up with one of my characters trying to take on Goku and his dad. Apparently from I remember, they thought each other were enemies (or the enemy rather) and started beating the stuffing out of each other up until their mid-fight conversation basically led to "why are we fighting each other then?" After a few more fists to the face, they made up and my character got back with his group. Then, one of the other characters (which happened to be some sort of god-canine) spotted his father's castle. Plot twist, the character's father was a wolf-deity and his castle was made of magic clouds and wishful thinking or some crap.

After a visit and a speech about something I don't remember, the canine character parted ways, and then we somehow got to Paris and loitered around in it for whatever reason. A wild ride the whole way through. Good times.
Hahahaha

Some of several people I roleplay with are kids, like not even in high school yet, and one of them is an AMAZING writer for her age but some of the others...this happens sometimes. It's on another platform, though. Randomness is high. It's like "now our characters can fly and we run into a dragon who gives us a ride to a mansion. Where there are two lesbians and 3 tigers."

So I'm like...ok...

"The tigers circle hungrily around the dragon and attack it in unison, going for the neck and underbelly. The beast falls and let's out a bust of fire from his nostrils into the air, but it's too late."

And then the RP partner, instead of addressing any of that, is like...

"Then the princess walked in and was crowned to be queen and another princess lived with her because they were lesbians and they slept in bed with the pet tiger who protected them." And I'm like *sigh* facepalm.

This isn't exactly what happened, but it captures the spirit of it. I'm like *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm*

This was on another platform so not anyone here, but I know what you mean. I kept RPing with them because they were nice and they need practice.
Dreamfarer wrote:
I'm honestly curious because I remembered one I had a couple years ago. It was a Pokemon roleplay with only the 1st-3rd generation Pokemon...at least it was until my partner started including Fenniken and others not from that generation.
The plot was Team Galatic was kidnapping trainers and injecting them with Pokemon DNA, though all it really does is give Pokemon human forms and the ability to speak, so I don't really know what the goal was.

My partner eventually added two of experiments as characters and they were also lesbians that served absolutely no purpose. Basically the whole roleplay was my partner throwing in a bunch of random stuff like lesbians, kidnappings that are quickly ignored for randomness and more talking Pokemon. Meanwhile, I just quietly followed along.

Mine might not be too bad, but has anyone else had weird roleplays?

Hahahaha random lesbians lol! Awesome.

My most random role play was my characters daughter (elven family in LOTR roleplay) was getting married. And her dad was a high elven king and mine was a Maia so anyway we’re all at the reception just drinking it up like the mortals were because our kiddo married one. And out of nowhere this high elven king all regal and majestic... decided to throw his mug and incited a proper rohirrim riot.

Best. Wedding. Ever.
(Also the most violent)
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Hahahaha

Some of several people I roleplay with are kids, like not even in high school yet, and one of them is an AMAZING writer for her age but some of the others...this happens sometimes. It's on another platform, though. Randomness is high. It's like "now our characters can fly and we run into a dragon who gives us a ride to a mansion. Where there are two lesbians and 3 tigers."

So I'm like...ok...

"The tigers circle hungrily around the dragon and attack it in unison, going for the neck and underbelly. The beast falls and let's out a bust of fire from his nostrils into the air, but it's too late."

"Then the princess walked in and was crowned to be queen and another princess lived with her because they were lesbians and they slept in bed with the pet tiger who protected them." And I'm like *sigh* facepalm.

This isn't exactly what happened, but it captures the spirit of it. I'm like *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm*

This was on another platform so not anyone here, but I know what you mean. I kept RPing with them because they were nice and they need practice.

I really don’t know why I didn’t get myself my own bedtime tiger yet...this seems essential.
Selkieborn wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Hahahaha

So I'm like...ok...

I really don’t know why I didn’t get myself my own bedtime tiger yet...this seems essential.

Hahaha! Hey, I didn't say they don't have good ideas. Lmao
Ikr? So much better than a Teddy Bear...
Playing D&D, I realized how weird a campaign we were in sometime around when we visited an island inhabited by an insane wizard obsessed with turning people into parrots, who turned out to be a lich, and when the DM realized it was too powerful an enemy for us to be handling yet, he had Pierce Brosnan descend from the heavens like a god, wipe the lich out of existence, and give one character an autographed photo of himself that granted the character bardic inspiration once a day. It, uh, continued from there with things like a teenage dragon sassing its dad, the accidental pickling of a rich man meant to be ransomed off (he survived, technically), and one player setting up an arena for manly oil wrestling. Sadly, I had to drop out due to work.

Less pleasant was an early RP I was in where one guy who had already established himself as, like, the original vampire decided he also needed a god-level guyver (in an original, non-fandom setting), because I guess it wasn't enough for him to develop the deepest, most devoted romance ever after talking with some chick he'd just met for maybe a few hours? I have a weird grudge against guyver stuff after that, and there was plenty other garbage as well.
wierdest? well let's see...

I was in a pokemon tabletop silly game with a guy called Kit. Now. Kit decided his starter pokemon would be Magikarp and insisted on dragging it around on a leash everywhere.

Our mission was to defeat this gym but the only pokemon who could defeat this guys' one pokemon was jigglypuff, and the whole region had, sick of their effect on people, rounded them all up and stuck em on an island far away.

So we rigged up a boat, strapped my Squirtle to the back as an outboard motor and headed toward the island.

Sadly as we approached all we heard was "jiiiigillyyy puuuuff" and then we were all asleep and floating adrift in our raft. Oops?
So we tried again, with earplugs. And again... and again.. but to no avail.

Desperate, Kit went and hired some private investigators (I don't even KNOW) to find jigglypuff, when they refused he uh.. murdered them.
this is where things went really really weird.

We also all went to talk to prof Oak about jiggly puff and Kit asked "if we have pokeballs, why don't we have human balls?" and Prof Oak was all "now that's something i'm working on."

oookaaaay.

Anyway, eventually we figured out a way to stop the sleep song, it involved some convoluted nonsense I can't remember, but by this point Kit had left a bit of a trail of corpses from anyone who got in our way.

We were heading off on our mission when an entire squad of Officer Jennys appeared to take down Serial Killer Kit but because he had his earplugs in he couldn't hear them yelling at him to get on the floor so they shot him.

Oops?

Because this was a silly one off game that player immediately came back with a new character, ALSO called Kit, who ALSO had a Magikarp and we were all "you aren't some freaky serial killer right?" which came out with the wonderful line "do I LOOK like a freaky serial killer?" "YES! you look EXACTLY LIKE HIM!"

anyway, we got the jigglypuff and defeated the gym by sending the giant pokemon to sleep. Unfortunately it fell ONTO its trainer, crushing him to death. Oops?

So we stole the guy's shoes all Wizard of Oz style and celebrated.

then Professor Oak showed up with his uh.. human... ball...

it was.. exactly what you're thinking it was. Kit proceeded to smack everyone he met in the face with it while yelling "CAPTURE! CAPTURE!"

uh.. yeah.. .

that I think was the wierdest rp i've ever been involved in.

But there are a few other bizarre ones.

One rp started out as a lighthearted superhero romp and turned into the darkest dark things and ended with detroit being nuked.

One rp had a guy spend no joke, 4 SESSIONS trying to break down a door that didn't even need to be broken down (the other door was unlocked, we already had access to the building! He just got obsessed) and ended with him finally breaking this door down to find an entire swat team on the other side because the rest of us had fled after calling the cops about the corpses in the basement omg.

one rp had a girl who kept casting detect evil on EVERYTHING resulting in the GM telling her "that chair? it's SUPER EVIL" and her character smashing it to bits. That was, i think, the same rp where we were all simultaniously shocked to learn that one of the two half orcs was a GIRL. She was in full plate mail! we had no idea till she and the other half orc started flirting and even then, we weren't sure!

Another game we tied a goblin to a pole and used him to check for traps.

I gmed a game where the party threw one member into the river of blood to see how deep it was and the centaur kept trying to sneak, while wearing bells... and having you know.. HOOVES (clip clop jingle jingle clip clop)

I was in a larp which featured, among other things, an imaginary nun, a gorilla, fake moustaches and a bowl of ... skittles? I think they were skittles. At one point our "host" (the character we were supposed to be bound to and unable to leave the side of) stole the bowl and RAN AWAY so yeah... what?
I.. don't even know what was going on there, it was bizarre.

then there's the epic rp I did on neopets (of all places) which was an asylum rp. And you KNOW those are gonna be a laugh. One player was playing an orderly who was... so bewildered by all this. The beds weren't bolted to teh floor, patients seemed to have access to blades, we kept getting these beautiful cutaways to this poor guy talking to his boss and his boss laughing and telling him it was all fiiiiine.
At one point the other orderly started to wrestle a bear. Oh it was an adventure lemme tell you.

Another high school rp, someone joined as a paper crane and spent the whole time describing, in beautiful detail, how this paper crane was just sedately gliding on the wind.
I was laughing so hard but the other players were getting super annoyed. I thought it was pretty witty actually. The surrealness cracked me up.

And another neo rp, set in a mall. This one left me the most confused. My character had just finished off work and the whole idea was that he'd bump into the other person's character and we'd go from there right? oh no... noooo nooo.
Instead the other character stood across the mall and STARED at the poor guy as he got ready to leave for the night. Like creepy stalker STARING.
My character we understandably a bit.. .creeped out and hastened for the exit. The creepy person followed him.

Now tension is escalating, he's crossing the carpark, heart racing, hearing these footsteps behind him and thinking "i'm gonna die, im gonna die, i'm gonna die".
He gets to his car, fumbles for the keys and...

the other character unlocks the car next to his, gets in and drives off.

Uh.....

They were messing with me weren't they? lol.
I really don't want to mention the most negative weirdest RP because it's uncomfortable but...

The most positive weirdest RP I've ever done:

I've only been rping for 2 years really, but one time for a couple months or so like 5 years ago I wrote a lot of random short stories and had tons of half finished novels so I had a lot of characters that were in those stories and half finished novels, and my former best friend wrote stories as well and one day we decided to just have all of our characters interact and be in their own random story together that we just wrote between us (We didn't know that was called RP at the time) and so she played about 6 characters and I played about 5-6 characters and we had them all live in the same town.

It was really amusing because several of them were werewolves, two were vampires, one was a witch, two were fallen angels, one was an angel born between those two fallen angels, one was a fallen angel and demon reaper/hunter that was also a fallen angel, one was a regular human dude, and one was Satan's daughter.

One day they'd be rescuing the angel child from a pack of enemy werewolfs, the next they were at the vampires bar and grille that he owns just chilling out, and we paired characters up so there was weddings and junk.

It was so weird because things could be so different day to day, due to there be options for werewolf drama, angel drama, Hell drama, vampire drama, just so many things and it was always amusing when there was two things going on and they get so stressed out like WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO SAVE BOTH OF YOU ON DIFFERENT ENDS OF THE EARTH.

It was INSANE because we were both playing 5 or more characters and 10 couples, plus enemies all in the same RP.

My favorite couple to play though was Karlie and Fang. Karlie was the one born of two angels and Fang a werewolf. It was super hilarious because Karlie's parents still looked like they were in their twenties when she grew to look 20, since they don't age, and Fang always felt so weird talking to her parents who look younger than him.
oh oh! I remembered another one!

Okay, so... I have this character called Jarral, who for some reason seems to be utterly cursed. Like, every rp I throw him into, someone decides to beat him up.

An example:

He arrived at this large manor house which was a safe haven for mystical creatures, while there he met some of the inhabitants. Unfortunately one of the inhabitants for some reason took an immediate dislike toward him and seeing him as a threat (he's like 5'3, weak as anything and was FOURTEEN) she started to threaten him. He backed into a corner, terrified, hands raised to defend himself from a 6 foot female gargoyle (with claws and fangs and stuff right?)
at this point the medic and her partner show up. They look at the situation. Gargoyle woman towering over a child who's cowering in terror.

they decide he's clearly the aggressor. The partner attacks Jarral, beating him up and leaving him bleeding on the floor.

the medic then asked the woman if SHE was okay! and took her off for a checkup, leaving my poor dude just... there.

ahahaha.

so, when I told my now husband this tale and a few others I now can't remember the details of he didn't believe me. He was convinced there must be something about the way I rped this character that irritated other players.

So... we started up an rp.

Another player joined in, he was a big burly dude with all muscles and armor and blah blah de blah.

He strolls into this hotel and immediately accosts this kid who's just minding his own business.
Jarral's freaked out and cowering.

Somehow this... caused the big burly knight guy to get massively offended and he went into attack mode, threatening the kid and pulling a sword on him and all this.

Then a dragon showed up. (Husband's character, he HAD been in human form and politely talking to the kid before all this madness) and took this guy on. Anyway, long story short the guy ended up being thrown from a roof and husband now believed me, that somehow Jarral just has a "punch me" aura hahahaha.
That1Gurly

I did a roleplay where we all were orphans in an orphanage.

Sounds normal? Let me correct you...

Orphan RATS infesting the place

It went on for 2 years
Waaay back in the days of dial up internet... There was a bunch of RP on AOL. A place they called Rhydin, which btw I could probably fill the forum with random weird stuff. Anyway, my very first group there was a guild called JEST which stood for Jesters Enjoying Random Traditions. Think like Monty Python meets, Stephen King, meets Douglas Adams, Neil Gaimon and everything in between. Lots of fun though, but nothing was ever serious.
Rogue-Scribe

Weirdest RP ever? It would have to be a Middle Earth RP I was writing on a Tolkien website with an early version of Halasian, one of my Dunedain Ranger characters. It was back when the LotR movies were all the rage with two of three movies released (2003), and we were writing quite a good RP exchange between my character and hers. For reasons I won’t go into here, I got banned from the site, and so we started up another RP on another Tolkien site. It was starting well, but then the weirdness started. The OOC emails and phone chats started to get strange, and she wanted to move out to my city and move in together. It became clear that she had blurred the lines of fantasy RP and RL. She worked at a bank, and she got a transfer to a branch near where I worked, and we did hook up for about two months (silly me, but I was at a vulnerable point in life), but it was obvious it wasn’t going to work out, for me if not for her. I called it quits and she stalked me for about a year (or longer?) afterward.

That last RP I wrote with her was the weirdest as it started before the relationship started, went on while this RL relationship started, and continued through it and went on a year after it ended, and she moved back to her hometown. It. Was. Weird.

(waves at the Princess of Ithilien in case she frequents this site)
Weirdest roleplay that i was in didn't have name or setting, it was fantasy mixed with modern with a touch of sci-fi. This was back in 2016 where I roleplayed my first roleplay. In the roleplay there were only two people (Me and a good buddy) however we could have as many wives as we can! He had over 100 (Several were unnamed and didn't make any appearances) and I had at least 12. I was allowed to play most of them, but they all had children (yeah, all but 3) and I had to play as the children too, AND THE GRANDCHILDREN. It was awesome, and the enemies were clever. My buddy married a space alien, and one of my sons married her sister! The plot was everywhere, but manageable. I still claim it to be one of the best roleplays I ever was in
Rogue-Scribe

And then there is the one where I needed a decypher machine to understand what was written. That was weird.
I've had too many weird rps. One of the strangest involved a sugar glider, a bear, and explosives.
Penumbra wrote:
I've had too many weird rps. One of the strangest involved a sugar glider, a bear, and explosives.
I feel like this one requires some elaboration. Namely, the use of explosives and wildlife.
On the subject of weird RPs.

This one started off kind of normal, I suppose. I played a single mother with her kid, the mother being a huge antisocial tech geek with a bad attitude and lack of compassion for others, and an overly generous yet also horribly poor.

She was a freelancing programmer, he was a... uh... An undergraduate student/professor who sang at lectures with very successful doctor for a sister, who was also targetted by the mafia for being kind to the mob boss' daughter without knowing who she was because she was in disguise and was a student in his lecture hall.

It was actually entertaining for a while, but it quickly derailed, there wasn't much OOC discussion, and sometimes arcs were just abruptly ended by;
- Dude avoiding everyone because a Mafia Don threatened to cut off his wingwang and so cue emotional admittance of care between two people who honestly didn't have that much chemistry to begin with.
- One of my characters failed to talk sense into someone who was clearly unhinged because he cared that everyone get out of this okay. And then she hit a sore spot for him, and he collapsed into himself only for dude to kill his sister.
- Mob violence against the dude because of... reasons? Honestly it wasn't very clear.
- Underground doctors changed the couple's faces and fast forward like a year where dude is not a highly successful businessman and the two swapped traits. (She doesn't speak. She can, she just doesn't like talking because she hates her voice and used her expertise to create a voice synthesizer in her computer. She slowly came to start speaking, but then the dude went through trauma and stopped talking.)

It was the kind of weird that after a while got uncomfortable and hard to write for because I felt like I was trying to keep up with craziness, so I went dead for a while with it in the back of my mind, and when I got back to it, the thread was locked.

That was years ago on another platform, but the weirdest thing that I will never get over.

YOU ARE A PROFESSOR FOR A MYTHOLOGY CLASS AND ONLY A MYTHOLOGY CLASS! Why are you singing Vocaloid to a class of young adults, and who the hell made you a professor!? Who authorized this!?
There are definitely many RP situations that got weird, for me. Examples include:

DnD session where our party cleric was a member of basically Holy Prostitutes; she got pregnant. She then used polymorph. We had to decide what happened when someone polymorphed while pregnant.

She turned up two days later to the father and handed over a newborn.

That wasn't the first or last time she got pregnant. Other gems included: getting pregnant with a demon's spawn, and then having the demon's followers sacrifice her child, causing our entire party to switch dimensions.

Other gems included: RPing for a while in a Durmstrang continuity; having the entire school fall apart after a major attack, killing off most of the staff, leaving my poor, British auror-on-lone the only one to take over as Headmaster by default. He promoted the Australian arithmancy professor as Deputy. We joked that the school was being run by two cheerful gay men. Nobody knew.

Otherwise, the most ridiculous RP premise I've ever RPed also turned out to be the longest-running, best group I've ever been in (and we're talking about reviving it): an RP where everyone's trapped on an island, and have been given superpowers through the power of dance. You activate your abilities through your sick dance moves. Because all authority figures/the scientists running the research program were killed, the island's been divided into factions based on your style/leanings. Street style dancers, classical ballet danceurs, disco dancers. And, of course, the 'Squares'; people who got the short straw and can't dance at all, and thus has no 'vibe' (the term for your superpower).

Everything was dance-related. Dance clubs, dance-drugs, dance-social-media-websites... It was fantastic. I learned everything I know about ballet from that RP.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Weirdest rp ever?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus