Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Traveling Warrior [Open]

Jackson Rampart (played by TemtoeZ)

It made a whirring noise in agreement i got up and said "Now i have some friends i want to meet back up with can you help take me to them they were heading to the stone mines last time i saw them so they should be there or close to there" as it turned navigating where to go it beeped upon finding the way o go i hop on its back as it takes off running almost 10 miles per hour as we are swooshing past the landscape wind flowing through my hair i shout "I SHOULD THIN OF A NAME FOR YOU!" as it beeped in response i see what seem's to be a camp fire in the distance and people about a mile or two out through binoculars "Hey slow down mate people are over there we dont wanna spook them" the robot then slowed down as i looked through the binoculars again then seeing a a outline of a figure with red hair "AYE its Lucius! that must be Aliciya!" i said coming upon camp the loud noises of the robot made everyone look over to it as i pop up from behind it with my elbows on its dome shaped head and my chin resting on my palms "Hello mates lookie what i found!.
Drans (played by Wandering_Mary)

"oh, hello sir, how are you? And the robot looks to be in great condition, did you make it?"
Saigo_Toda (played anonymously)

Saigō Toda watched his step as he left the tavern. He kept his head low and smiled, minding his own business when all of a sudden Jackson Rampart stepped in front of him and stopped him. Mr. Rampart would try to coax Dr. Saigō into joining him, Lucius and Alicyia back to the town, even offering to pay for his room, but Toda respectfully declined.

He continued walking down the gravel road when after a while he thought that some of the gravel stones looked a bit peculiar. He stopped to examine one U-shaped rock and discovered that it was actually someone's jaw bone. Upon further inspection he noticed a whole skeleton which, for a split second, looked like it was looking at him. He ignored his vision but kept a close guard up as he continued walking slowly, going where, nobody knows. But he appeared again at sunrise the next day, and was sitting quietly on a large flat tree stump facing the sunrise over the horizon.

Saigō Toda was meditating with his eyes closed, as calm as could be, minding his own business. How long had he been sitting there? When did he return from wherever he was going? Nobody knew. It was almost like he had just appeared from out of the twilight. He sat isolated in silence until around 8:26 that morning, when he got up slowly and quietly and headed to the stone mines. He thought he heard a gunshot coming from the desert at some point, and upon seeing a barn, had figured it was probably just some farmers shooting a snake.

Later that day as Dr. Toda was at the stone mines, he ran into the small group of travellers again, accidentally bumping into Jackson Rampart on account of Mr. Rampart moving too fast. Saigō Toda immediately excused himself and apologized, bowing his head politely. Yet even then as they made eye contact, Mr. Rampart would notice the subtle hidden dragon in Toda's eyes. He had a firm stance and gaze, even for the brief second before Toda pardoned himself and stepped aside, allowing Jackson and his robot to pass.

Toda continued walking, looking around the mines all day until he found what he was looking for. Finally he spotted a root sticking out of the ground on a grassy overhang above some rocks. He recognized the poisonous plant immediately, and picked it by its roots with his tanto before sticking the plant into his satchel. As the day started to turn to late afternoon, Toda spotted a camp fire in the distance. He assumed it was the same people he had seen earlier and kept his distance.

Without even bothering to build a fire, Toda found a nice shadowy spot to camp that was hidden by rocks and trees on the high ground, where he nestled down between two trees, having no tent or sleeping bag, but hidden and cushioned by the natural foliage around him. He kept a sharp eye on his surroundings, remaining perfectly still as his eyes slowly adjusted from sunset to total darkness. Now he was not just a warrior, but a shadow warrior. Saigō Toda casually removed his cloth sash and began tying it around his mouth and nose like a face mask. Toda wasn't just any doctor, he was also a member of an elite organization of something like shinobi-no-mono or onmitsu, ninja or guerilla warfare special operations stealth commandos. But now he was seeking employment, and the best way to advertise was through demonstration.

With his face and form concealed, Toda used his Saigō-Ryu Shinobi-No-Jutsu skills to see in the dark to an extent, and move with silent cat steps over the rocks and trees without even making a sound. He had practiced Saigo-Ryu's 18 Art Skills for many many years and could limit the sound of his own breathing, having also mastered the hidden knowledge of shapes, shades, silhouettes and all other surrounding noises as he peered through the trees from the dark shadows, observing the distant camp fire.

Drans looked around, feeling nervous, I can feel as if someone is watching me, but that could just be paranoia. But where could it be coming from? Feels like over in the small patches of foliage. "Would it be alright if I joined your small group? I promise to not hold it back." Looking back at the foliage she thought she managed to pick up a human's arua, but as soon as she focused on it, it went away. Peculiar, I thought humans couldn't use magic... Must be wrong.
Alicyia (played by Murkysoulwaters)

It seemed like things were just settling down when a rumble started from somewhere to the south. A rumble caused by enormous footsteps. Alicyia shrieked and dropped her sleeping pallet before she could even unroll it. "Jackson?! What have you done now!?" She had to steady herself, feeling faint just from the absurdity of all of the things that had happened in the past few hours. Was it so wrong that she wanted to just sleep so that they could reach the mines tomorrow? Besides, hadn't Jackson been the one who went his own way? It was too soon. Oh lord...

Shaking her head, she finally sat down and gave Drans a dirty look for encouraging all of this nonsense. "Well, it's fine if you're all here. I don't think we're in a hurry or anything but let's all settle down at least. Lucius is the one with a plan so as long as he's okay with it..."

"Alright, I'll take first watch," Drans offered, though it didn't sound like an offer more like a statement. Drans starts to head for the edge of the campfires light. and watches the moon rise. I don't think they like me at all... oh well I'm stuck with this now.
((sorry if it isn't enough information))

Toda had been detected already by Jackson Rampart, whom he had ran into twice already. But only to a point. Toda had taken the proper precautions and prevented any possibility of being detected. Or so he thought. Yet it wasn't Rampart who felt like someone was watching him. It was Drans, the agender skeleton whose gutless instinct made her feel like she was being watched.

Toda had not forgotten the skeleton he saw on the gravel road, or the way he felt after he saw it, as if someone had been watching him. He was in-tuned with his natural instincts, and had been trained with strict discipline. He was shinobi'mono, kusa'mono, or something like onmitsu. This meant that Saigō Toda was not just a common thug, burglar, street peddler, or peasant farmer. He was actually a very high ranking, highly distinguished ninja with very specialized skills and tools, designed for infiltration and subterfuge, stealth surveillance and if need be assassination.

But his primary function was that of a spy disruptor or infiltrator for a foreign emperor. That is to say, Saigō Toda was a master of disguise and impersonation, obtaining information, getting into fortresses unnoticed and escaping by stealthy and clever means like a boss. During the day was Toda's actual disguise. It was at night time when Toda truly expressed himself. He wore the face covering to mask his expression and conceal any emotion. His costume was saffron in color and blended in well with the foliage, especially at night as it left less of a silhouette than black, white, red or blue clothing, which can still be seen at night.

But by nesting between two large rocks, the stones acted as a natural barrier against magic, sniper rifle rounds and even against Drans's ability to sense his presence with gutless instinct. Toda was perfectly camouflaged, hidden by the trees as his head blended in with some of the fallen limbs and coconuts. He seemed like he was ready to pull out a gun and rob the campers at any second.

But instead, Toda played it cool and waited patiently, enduring the long time it would take for the group to get exhausted and fall asleep. He kept his gaze on the camp fire in the distance, remaining perfectly motionless and silent. He wasn't good at very many things in life, but he was incredibly good at the Saigō-Ryu 18 Art Skills, and espionage was one of them. He began slowly drawing cuts in the air with two fingers as he began to meditate, focusing on his five natural senses. Without a fire or tent, or anything resembling a camp site in the stone mines, Saigō Toda relaxed quietly, resting his hand on his chest and through slowly controlled breathing exercises he slowed his heartbeat eliminating any auxiliary sounds thumping in his mind in the dead of night. He emptied his mind and took in everything his five senses could assertain as he waited for the adventurous group of campers to fall asleep, with particular interest in the camp fire.
Lucius Maxwell (played by TheWrightWay) Topic Starter

Drans wrote:
"Alright, I'll take first watch," Drans offered, though it didn't sound like an offer more like a statement. Drans starts to head for the edge of the campfires light. and watches the moon rise. I don't think they like me at all... oh well I'm stuck with this now.
((sorry if it isn't enough information))

Lucius nodded as he sat down on the ground and took his coat off his shoulders. "The more, the merrier." He said with a smile.
Alicyia (played by Murkysoulwaters)

Alicyia hummed in response. "At least we have safety in numbers now. Well, I don't really think anything more will happen today after all of this other nonsense!" she added with a chuckle. Still, it never paid to be careful. Stretching out on her pallet, she turned her gaze to the stars overhead. "I'm going to get some sleep. If someone wants to keep watch with Drans, that would be smart. Just wake me if you want to switch." With that, she let her eyes slip closed, hoping that it would stay quiet for long enough to actually fall asleep.

"No need," Drans states, quietly, but still able to be heard. Drans starts walking around the campfires light in a large circle, and occasionally teleports wood to fuel the fire. now let us see if I can locate the presence again... I found it though they seem to try to be hiding... I'll play along, and not walk on over... though it could be something else pretending to be human... then staying awake should hold it off but I might have to prepare some magic, don't wanna since I'm not native here, but I have too.
Jackson Rampart (played by TemtoeZ)

i started walking of into the woods "don't worry mates, just going to releive me self" "Oi" i said signaling towards the talos "keep watch make sure nothing sneaks up on us" i said as i traveled into the woods as it beeped in confirmation stomping past the skeleton then spinning its head in a 360 motion to see all around camp, once i was done i noticed a rock structure that would be a perfect nook for a animal "Eh nothing like a midnight snack i said as i climbed up the rock slighting a torch to see a man sitting there he then noticing me as i pull out me pistol and aim it at him "Aye mate if your a squatter bug off, if not then im gonna have a word with ya mate".

Hmm... the engineer found them... alright I can work with this. let us see what happens. Drans prepare to launch a volley of bones over toward them, before hearing a gunshot somewhere. What was that? A hunter maybe... yeah let us go with that... I need to stop being so timid.

Saigō Toda smiles humorously, entertained by the happenings in the distance. From his secure position, Toda had a clear view of everything the distant campers were doing. He was too far away to hear them, but he watched as Drans teleported wood to the fire, its very flames casting light on the nearby campers while Toda himself observed silently in the rocks above, concealed by the pitch black darkness and aided by the sound of the gentle wind. Toda wore no cologne or perfume, burned no smoke or incense, and had positioned himself downwind. The rocks surrounding him provided a natural barrier against magic, sniper rifle rounds and even against Drans's ability to sense his presence from such a far distance away. The ninja was a professional at stealth, the very title itself denoting a master of invisibility. A pack of hunting dogs wouldn't be able to sniff him out.

He watched as a couple of the campers laid down to rest, but he couldn't make out any of their finer features. Saigō Toda watched quietly as another one of the campers, the familiar one Jackson Rampart, said something before walking away from the fire into the woods near the stone mines, venturing closer to the shadows. It might have seemed then that Jackson was in the most danger of being attacked by an assassin. But here in the darkness, in the wilderness surrounded by nature, Jackson Rampart was actually less noticeable than the others. The same darkness and shadow that permeated throughout the rocky forest and concealed Toda, was also concealing Rampart. If only he didn't have that loud robot with him.

But the shinobi had already prepared and planned for the task ahead. His eyes had adjusted naturally to the darkness, a feat which requires time and patience and can not just be obtained instantly. He had been preparing since dusk, and now it was past midnight. Toda could visibly see Jackson Rampart's silhouette in the darkness, due to his choice of color and shade of clothing which offered little camouflage, even in the dead of night. Unlike the onmitsu, Rampart made no effort to mask his footsteps as everyone around could hear the crunching pebbles and snapping twigs beneath his feet. Toda remained still, watching him relieve himself from one hundred yards away while looking down from the high ground.

There was another figure squatting nearby. Toda didn't notice him, as the rocks were in the way, but Rampart did as he lit a torch, making himself more visible as he heard a noise and started climbing up the rockface to investigate. He saw a man hiding behind one of the rocks and pulled out his pistol, yelling at him to bugger off. But it wasn't a ninja. It was just a homeless hobo who lived in the woods, and the old man was startled when Rampart snuck up on him with a pistol. Toda was amused as he quietly pulled out his small hollow bamboo blowgun and placed two tranquilizer darts into it. On a real mission, Saigō Toda likely would have used lethal weapons and explosives, but this? This was just a training exercise and a measley demonstration of the Oniwabanshū's special skills. He had prepared a case of tranquilizers instead, non-lethal sleeping darts which were silent but effective.

Saigō Toda stayed low, hidden by the rocks and trees and also by his own additional camouflage, for his saffron colored clothes cast no shadow or silhouette like the others who weren't actually equipped for stealth or even trying to be sneaky. Toda had all the advantages, and the stinky old homeless guy only aided him in his task as Drans' magical senses suddenly detected his presence, although the Hobo's smell was just as likely to betray his presence. Toda was still golden, at least for the time being. He took full advantage of the sudden bonus homeless guy, using him as a decoy as he planned his next move. For also unlike the group of campers, Toda was not in a hurry or acting without first thinking carefully about every little detail. The rapid maneuvers and noisiness of the sentries had betrayed them and eliminated their element of surprise. Toda was now aware of Drans' presence and her magical powers, while he himself had remained mysterious, unseen, unheard and unnoticed, cloaked by the large thick solid rocks and the vast amount of space between them, by his lack of scent or body odor, by his masked breathing, his natural camouflage, his choice of clothing, tools and items, footwear, and all the other important things that professional masters of ninjutsu would be expected to consider.

Alycia was the first to fall asleep, or try to, as another feint gunshot was heard echoing from the horizon. Only this time it was just a farmer driving away some animal in the woods far away. Nothing too uncommon for these parts. Now all the ninja had to do is be patient and wait for the others to settle down. He aimed his blowgun between two rocks like a common stick, pointing it at Rampart who was now nearest to him. Toda remained completely silent like a snake as he prepared to strike. Besides his blowgun and the two swords, Toda had a whole arsenal of hidden weapons and tools to help him complete his mission. But he didn't shoot just yet. He would instead just wait patiently, hoping that Rampart would just scare the hobo away and walk back to camp. He would only betray his position if he absolutely had to, and so far, he had no reason to use force. Toda watched and listened, breathing slowly beneath his cloth facemask.

Something feels off... I'm gonna go over, Drans informed the robot that she was going for a walk, and walked over to the engineer, "Everything alright over there?" she asked, concern was radiating from her. I feel 2 presenses... And is that a natural stick or a blowdart. Drans looked over at the rocks where the blow dart is protruding from the rocks. That looks to be big enough to hide a person if they were trying.
Lucius Maxwell (played by TheWrightWay) Topic Starter

(Can someome explain what's happening? I apologize for falling out of the RP.)

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Traveling Warrior [Open]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus