Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Can Anyone Analyze My Weird Dreams?

Okay, so ever since I've gotten into horror movies, all my dreams have been nightmares. I have gotten to the point where they rarely scare me anymore, but I have something that has be recurring in my dreams every once in a while, and I want to know if anyone knows what it might mean. I am usually in my mom's house in my own room, but it is slightly different in a way. That's normal though, but I have realized that during these nightmares, there is a similar turn of events. There is something paranormal going on and my eyes are, like, frozen shut, you know? Like my eyelids are glued together and I can't look around. And if I manage to open my eyes, everything is really blurry and fuzzy no matter how much I try to restore it by blinking a ton.

Now, I do believe most dreams mean something. Maybe not all, as some are to weird, but stuff like this, I do think. I have had a few dreams that predicted the future before and I've also had sleep paralysis one time. This recurring dream though really is starting to freak me out because I have no clue what it might be trying to tell me. Why would I constantly be having it if it weren't important? And I haven't watched or read anything like those dreams, so I don't know where they come from. Last night, I had a dreams where my eyes were a bright green when they were closed and I couldn't open them, but when I managed to open them, they were yellow and orange on the bottom. And a kid in my class was there too, and his eyes were red with an outline of the iris lower on his eye. It was weird, but felt horribly recurred.

I have also seen a demon in my room at my mom's. Don't question it please. It is 100% true, and if you want to hear the full story, I can post it. I swear to whatever god exists that it was completely real. Anyway, I don't know if that did anything to my dreams, but, yeah. Does anyone know what this eye thing could mean? Because I have no clue, and I hate not knowing things.

I am also an insomniac, if that clears up anything more. :/
Wow, these sound like a freaky set of dreams. I've only had sleep paralysis feature once in my dreams and it was very, very disturbing.

I generally believe that there are elements of dreams that mean something so I'll try to offer my personal insight. I doubt there's such a thing as straightforward dream analysis as it's colored by your own personal association with the elements involved. That said, there are a few things that stuck out to me.

The fact that the setting is somewhere considered home would harken to a sense of familiarity. Not being able to open your eyes could be a sense of helplessness toward your current life or maybe an inability to look forward out of that familiar space. The familiar could also have become foreign to you, ie blurry.

I'm not too sure about the demon or anything else as I feel like those elements can vary greatly from person to person. It definitely does sound like there's a bit of lucid dreaming going on though. There are some people out there who can learn to recognize when they're in a lucid state and therefore counteract the nightmare elements. It sounds pretty crazy to me but one of my coworkers was trying to reach that state for a long time. I don't know if he ever did it and I'm sure it's really hard but if the nightmare is genuinely freaking you out, maybe try to interact with it or counteract the messages it's giving you when you're awake. I'm no expert for sure so I don't know if any of this helps but I hope you can figure something out. Good refreshing sleep is very important!
AliRevellian Topic Starter

Murkysoulwaters wrote:
Wow, these sound like a freaky set of dreams. I've only had sleep paralysis feature once in my dreams and it was very, very disturbing.

I generally believe that there are elements of dreams that mean something so I'll try to offer my personal insight. I doubt there's such a thing as straightforward dream analysis as it's colored by your own personal association with the elements involved. That said, there are a few things that stuck out to me.

The fact that the setting is somewhere considered home would harken to a sense of familiarity. Not being able to open your eyes could be a sense of helplessness toward your current life or maybe an inability to look forward out of that familiar space. The familiar could also have become foreign to you, ie blurry.

I'm not too sure about the demon or anything else as I feel like those elements can vary greatly from person to person. It definitely does sound like there's a bit of lucid dreaming going on though. There are some people out there who can learn to recognize when they're in a lucid state and therefore counteract the nightmare elements. It sounds pretty crazy to me but one of my coworkers was trying to reach that state for a long time. I don't know if he ever did it and I'm sure it's really hard but if the nightmare is genuinely freaking you out, maybe try to interact with it or counteract the messages it's giving you when you're awake. I'm no expert for sure so I don't know if any of this helps but I hope you can figure something out. Good refreshing sleep is very important!

Well, I have already found out on why I saw the demon and why it was there, I just wasn't sure if the experience could take any sort of toll on my dreams. Maybe like I can't open my eyes because I have a PTSD of my eyes getting used to the dark... idk. But yeah, that explanation seems valid now that I think about it and the situation I am currently in.
This is strange. I swore that I responded to this forum with a detailed explanation of your dream. Was it...deleted? Was it something in my explanation that violated a rule? If so, why wasn't I informed that my response got deleted? I mean, this was a long time ago, but it's kinda upsetting especially since analyzing the dreams by detail took time. I had to connect a lot of elements to come to a conclusion. ☹
You analyzed a copy/paste of this post made by a bot.
sland wrote:
You analyzed a copy/paste of this post made by a bot.

Whut? I'm confused. If that ain't a joke, d a m m i t yah bot. *pouty face* plooooo

Edit: Kim explained what happened. It really was bots. Haha. 😅

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Can Anyone Analyze My Weird Dreams?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus