Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Sea Whisperer (FxM Adventure/Romance) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Saltwater sprinkles her cheeks as she leans onto the railing, watching the sun creep its way down towards the horizon. She let out a labored sigh of relief, feeling the turbulence in her stomach begin to settle with the chilling of the evening sky....

Dozens of people take passage on The Sea Whisperer, a boat that transfers people to a location, no questions asked. It goes where the wind takes it, and is filled with all kinds of people. Whether it be people needing an escape from responsibilities at home, criminals on the run, or even just people searching for a change, anybody is offered a spot as long as you provide a pretty penny or work your way on the ship. People that can afford it live luxuriously on the ship, although they are looked down upon by others, they have spacious rooms and endless drinks, stuffing themselves with food and spending evenings on the dance floor, accompanied by beautiful live music and other people of their class. The voyages can take from a few evenings to months, but no matter what, people always end up finding what they'd been looking for.

What happens when something goes wrong? After a horrible storm, the ship is sunk, and all of the passengers have gone missing. Our characters are two of those passengers.

Them, and most of the crew and other passengers end up washed up on a mysterious island that doesn't appear on any map. In fact, it seems to be some sort of pocket off of the real world. Mysterious creatures inhabit the trees, beetles the size of a bull, and fish that travel through the skies. What will they run into? Whether it be a group of natives with strange abilities, dragons perched on the rocky terrain, or massive castles with entire organized governments, that is up to us! How will our characters get back? Or will they choose to stay? Let's figure out!

---

First of all, thanks for reading! This is a super rough idea that came to me and is very underdeveloped. I'm looking for a roleplay partner to write at least a few paragraphs per response and would prefer third-person literate responses. I don't mind occasional typos, but I'd prefer they don't get too out of hand. (English isn't my first language, so don't worry too much about it). I'm looking for a very slow burn romance that comes second to our character development and would just like to nestle the romance into the adventure, instead of letting one or the other consume the story. Searching for someone willing to play a male for this roleplay! I don't care what the reason is that your character is on the boat, and I'm leaving that entirely up to you! I was thinking of having the RP pick up a night before the boat crashes so that we can have our characters meet somehow before things go down. This is flexible though! If you're interested, feel free to shoot me a message! ( BTW, I'm very flexible with response times, and I can be fairly busy/burnt out as well, so that won't be an issue.)

Thanks again for reading!!

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Could I ask what the time period is? Is this a medieval/epic style fantasy? Or is this a mysterious boat that appears in all times and all places when the passenger needs it the most?

Appreciate the clarification :) I am intrigued by the premise, but want to be sure my characters would fit before I apply.

XOXO
Cassie
Alright Topic Starter

fullmarvelalchemist wrote:
Could I ask what the time period is? Is this a medieval/epic style fantasy? Or is this a mysterious boat that appears in all times and all places when the passenger needs it the most?

Appreciate the clarification :) I am intrigued by the premise, but want to be sure my characters would fit before I apply.

XOXO
Cassie

Hey! Thanks for the response. I tend to lean towards more medieval fantasy time periods, but I’m quite flexible and would definitely be willing to change that if there’s something you have in mind! :) I was thinking it would be a time where elves/witches/trolls/humans/etc.. would live alongside each other. Again, that’s super flexible to change and I’m definitely willing to hear out any suggestions!
Lianna (played by SpiritHero)

Hey I've done such an RP with someone recently of that idea! I'd love to be in the RP if you're still around! I could bring Lianna so I can use her more.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Sea Whisperer (FxM Adventure/Romance) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus