Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trixie's Bar (Everyone welcome)

Shade Waker (played by Shadeslayer45)

"all ive done for as long as i recall is kill"
Noble Six (played by Shadeslayer45)

"i was created to kill"
Lazarus Mercury (played by Avalon)

"That sucks, I'd be rethinking what landed me in such an awful spot." Lazarus pulled the stool out from under the bar beside him, "Does Red drink? Cause you are the only one not being depressing as Hell at the moment." He called for an Old Fashioned.

"being depressing? i don't follow"
“Red was raised to kill. Red kills people because that’s the mission…”

A deep and heavy sigh came from the ranger, "Some people drink to forget, all you people seem to do is drink and remember, that is like the opposite of what alcohol is supposed to do for you."

"i have never drank before sir"
“Me neither. Drinking gets rid of any focus you have.”

"A soldier that does not drink, I refuse to believe that is anything but a lie. You both surely must be kidding."

"sir a SPARTAN does not drink"
Lazarus Mercury wrote:
"A soldier that does not drink, I refuse to believe that is anything but a lie. You both surely must be kidding."

“Red is not a soldier…Red is an Operator for Rhodes Island…I answer only to the Doctor and Miss Kal’tsit.”

"Do you both follow someone else's orders and fight the battles you are told to? You're soldiers. No need to assign any higher moral value to it. World's oldest profession is murdering in someone else's name."

"i was created to fight and die for earth and all her colonies sir"

"i was made to be expendable"
Dobermann (played by AgitoAceXIII)

“If you’re quite finished in trying to put Rhodes Island’s Operators as soldiers, then you should realize you’re sorely mistaken…Not everyone who works for Rhodes Island is a soldier, yet still an Operator.”

"And you view that as acceptable? You have one life, one time round this crazy universe, and you are willing to expend every last bit of it, throw it away on a foolish battle plan, solely because of what you were created to do? You can live with that? You can die in peace with that?" Lazarus raised his glass, "Cheers to you if you can, I sure as Hell couldn't."

"i have my mission and my orders i do not need more"

"A life is worth a lot more than that, I have to say I think once I probably felt the same as you, failing at my assignment meant a whole lot of innocent people would be at risk. If the mission required me to give my life, well, I had nearly made the ultimate sacrifice a time or two. One day you will have a family though, and it gets hard to not rush and make those same calls, to see yourself as more than a soldier, but it is rewarding. A soldier fights cause he has orders, a warrior fights because he loves what is behind him." Lazarus sat his drink aside, "Fight because you love something, not just because some high brass told you to. Dying for a piece of paper is an ugly tragedy, dying for something you love is a beautiful one."

"i did not have a choice to become a SPARTAN no one is or will be waiting for me sir" his tone was neutral six didn't care about love or having a family only seeing the mission to its completion

"That'll change, you'll both get old one of these days, and then you'll get to be an old man like me - or old woman, lamenting how those brash foolish years make it hard to go home and look your kid in the eye hoping she doesn't notice what keeps you awake at night." That old crutch, the drink was quite bitter and refreshing. "Great, now you both have me being depressed. Do you not have a favorite color or something better to talk about? Literally anything else."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trixie's Bar (Everyone welcome)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus