Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trixie's Bar (Everyone welcome)

“Is that all you do, all day? Translate Romanian documents and papers?”
Shade Waker (played by Shadeslayer45)

"and kill monsters and translate papers and kill monsters and kill dracula and translate papers yes"
Lazarus Mercury (played by Avalon)

"If taking a shot every time you say Dracula was a drinking game, anyone playing would die fast."

"welcome to being the sole reason he is still dead"
“I would’ve thought you’d call him more derogatory names…like Fangsy or something.”

"fangsy neck bitter count failula all the fun things not said around children"
“Thou really do have quite a mouth.”

"oh great the royal pain in my mother of all beepsing life is here"
Watch-Captain Artemis (played by randomentity777)

Noble Six wrote:
"ive seen older more sophisticated weaponry a SPARTAN is rarely impressed"

"Really? How about this?" Artemis produces his weapon, the Hellfire Extremis. "This is a Combi-flamer, combining a standard Space Marine Bolter gun with a flamethrower, but it's not an ordinary flamethrower. Considering the kinds of enemies I have to fight, the fuel for the flamethrower contains specialized bio-alchemical toxins, which are mixed into the flame as it discharges."

Definitely not the place to meet women, that was for sure, which would generally be fine if there was some entertainment otherwise to fill the gap. He'd keep to himself and just watch how everyone else was doing, everything was changing by the minute so he might eventually find a drinking buddy.
Lazarus Mercury wrote:
Definitely not the place to meet women, that was for sure, which would generally be fine if there was some entertainment otherwise to fill the gap. He'd keep to himself and just watch how everyone else was doing, everything was changing by the minute so he might eventually find a drinking buddy.
"Well what do we have here? Someone who's really going the full 'Peaky Blinders' look. So what can I do for you, dear?"

"So long as you're A, not going to be depressing as a funeral procession and B. have some kind of conversation, you can do a whole lot. Ya know, tried to watch 'Peaky Blinders' fell asleep on the first episode, I remember something about a horse and a Chinese mystic woman. You watch Blue Bloods? Now that show I absolutely love, I could watch Danny Reagan shove the heads of certain kinds of low lifes in toilets and generally beat the Hell of em until the end of time!" Lazarus motioned to bar stool next to him. Did he dare hold out hope that someone finally would have a normal conversation with him?

he just looked up briefly from his papers he was translating then goes back to them tapping a pencil against the table lost in thought
Lazarus Mercury wrote:
"So long as you're A, not going to be depressing as a funeral procession and B. have some kind of conversation, you can do a whole lot. Ya know, tried to watch 'Peaky Blinders' fell asleep on the first episode, I remember something about a horse and a Chinese mystic woman. You watch Blue Bloods? Now that show I absolutely love, I could watch Danny Reagan shove the heads of certain kinds of low lifes in toilets and generally beat the Hell of em until the end of time!" Lazarus motioned to bar stool next to him. Did he dare hold out hope that someone finally would have a normal conversation with him?
Nicki takes a seat on the bar stool that he's indicating too. "Well, I watched as much of 'Blue Bloods' as I could, but I dipped when they had a character OD simply from proximity to fentanyl. I mean, maybe we would have bought into it if we hadn't heard that excuse in the real world all the time, and it had been debunked!" She sighed. "Sorry, I get pretty worked up about that kind of thing. Anyways, I'm Nicki."

Nicki Martin wrote:
Lazarus Mercury wrote:
Nicki takes a seat on the bar stool that he's indicating too. "Well, I watched as much of 'Blue Bloods' as I could, but I dipped when they had a character OD simply from proximity to fentanyl. I mean, maybe we would have bought into it if we hadn't heard that excuse in the real world all the time, and it had been debunked!" She sighed. "Sorry, I get pretty worked up about that kind of thing. Anyways, I'm Nicki."
"Nah, I fully understand, you cannot shock a flatline, Hollywood must think Frankenstein is a medical text and not a science fiction novel." Lazarus offers her a glass he had ordered and no one took earlier.

"My job primarily is medical intelligence, usually just get assigned to checking out whatever strange new bug has people falling out, sometimes I get the exciting job of finding a vaccine to it." Lazarus topped off his own glass and filled the one he had offered Nicki. "Name's Lazarus by the way, my first guess is you work some kind of drug enforcement or pharmacy?"

he snorks but keeps translating ancient Romanian documents
Lazarus Mercury wrote:
"Nah, I fully understand, you cannot shock a flatline, Hollywood must think Frankenstein is a medical text and not a science fiction novel." Lazarus offers her a glass he had ordered and no one took earlier.

"My job primarily is medical intelligence, usually just get assigned to checking out whatever strange new bug has people falling out, sometimes I get the exciting job of finding a vaccine to it." Lazarus topped off his own glass and filled the one he had offered Nicki. "Name's Lazarus by the way, my first guess is you work some kind of drug enforcement or pharmacy?"

"Well, I work with the government." Nicki replied as she took a sip from the offered glass. "I can't really say much else. Security reasons."

"Ah, one of those. You black helicopter types lack one advantage we cowboys do." Lazarus smirked, "All I do for Uncle Sam is plan public health campaigns and check for the common flu." With a wink he drank from his glass. "Work is boring to talk about though, what do you do outside of work? That is likely far more interesting."
"Well, I like to go backpacking, and I also occasionally try doing music stuff. I used to play bass in a band while I was in college, and I dig it out and play a bit every now and then."

"Music? I can get behind that, piano and violin are my chosen instruments, unless I am back home then I have to call it a fiddle or else someone tries to start a bloody fight."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trixie's Bar (Everyone welcome)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus