Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » (Closed) Summer Soiree: The County Fair

AgentMilkshake Topic Starter

Susan Fowler wrote:
Susan was snacking on cotton candy while wandering through the carnival looking for fun things to do. She rounded a corner and found herself staring at a dunk tank being run by those horrid cheerleaders from that other high school. There were Marie and Doreen, the leaders of the prep pep squad, acting all cute in their little tuxedo bikinis and bow ties. Marie even had a top hat! Ugh! She couldn't stand those two. She didn't know who the redhead they had sitting in the dunk tank was, but she guessed it was one of their first-year initiates.

Susan was tempted to go up to them and give them some tickets just for the privilege of dumping a future Teal Cove Raptor cheerleader in the water, but knowing them, Marie and Doreen would probably like that. Plus, they'd benefit by getting the money from the tickets. Maybe she could find a better way to spend her tickets and cause them some grief at the same time.

She walked around the fair a little more until she spotted one of those cop guys with the plastic badges and over-sized foam hats; she knew they were running a charity jail. She went up to him and waved a couple of tickets at him. "Excuse me, officer, I want to put out charity arrest warrants on a couple of people. There are two girls over by the dunking tank wearing tuxedo-looking bikinis; the one in the black and white bikini and wearing a top hat is Marie Evans. Her friend in the white bikini is Doreen Rogers. Could you please arrest them for me?

A man in a real police uniform but wearing a giant red and white cartoonish cowboy hat looked towards the teen as she gestured toward the dunking tank. He reached up and tipped his hat slightly after her request.

"Ma'am, I'd be happy to," The cop said. He glanced to a woman in an explorer scout uniform who nodded. Noting that there were several other cheerleaders standing around operating the booth, it appeared that there would not be any disruptions to the operation of their booth. After collecting the donation money, they made their way over to to the dunk tank. The man in the red and white hat approached the brunette in the white bikini first.

"Ma'am," The officer said to Doreen. "I'm afraid we have an arrest warrant out for you and you're going to have to come with us. You are gonna need to turn around and place your hands behind your back."

He took out a pair of real handcuffs as he addressed Doreen.

OOC: Each person's throws are an independent event. You don't have to worry about someone else getting through their turn sequence or keeping up with the order of other people's posts. We're assuming that each player does all 3 of their shots before someone else steps up. This is to keep the game moving and so we don't get backed up waiting on another player to go again before someone else can start their scene. Feel free to reference other players, however, and follow up on their actions as they leave.
Can I join?

We will be closing this thread tomorrow night!

Tomorrow (July 5) evening we will be closing this thread up and not taking any new players. We'll spend the remainder of the week wrapping up scenes so we can be finished by next Saturday, July 10 when Summer Soiree 2021 officially ends.

KiraRuby wrote:
Can I join?
yeah, go ahead!

Last Day we are taking new players!

If you want to play, please post sometime today. I don't have a specific shutdown time, but I will probably close this tread tonight around 10 PM Central. Once we mark the threat closed, we will not accept any other players. Anyone who already started a scene is welcome to continue it until we reach a conclusion, though. So if you want to get in on the action, please post today! You don't need to ask permission. Just choose one of your characters, do an opening post and make your first die roll. In instructions are in the opening post of the thread. Look at what other players have done as an example.

(It's 9:20 AM Central now. You have about 12 hours or so from this message to start).

Closed to new players

Thank you to everyone who participated in the thread! We had a great time! If anyone needs to make a final conclusion post, you are welcome to do so before Saturday. We want to wrap up any loose ends by the end of the week. There will be a little wrap-up with Tabby, Matt, and Trevor to put an ending on this.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » (Closed) Summer Soiree: The County Fair

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus