Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » (Closed) Summer Soiree: The County Fair

Emily Williams (played anonymously)

Emily noticed the redhead's sigh of relief; it seemed she didn't want to be dunked, but she was putting up with this anyway. Life was like that sometimes; you had to do things you didn't want to do. Emily respected her for it. Maybe she could offer the girl something in the way of consolation if she got dunked.

As Emily prepared to take her third throw, she called out to the redhead. "Hey Tabbycat," she said, using the name she'd heard the cheerleader in the top hat use earlier. "Tell you what; if I hit the target and drop you in the tank, I'll give you my purple koala here," she said, holding up the stuffed animal she'd won earlier at the Hi-Striker.

She stepped to the line and took her third and final throw.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 4.
Tabitha Blackwell (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

Tabby shot the girl a glare. Clearly, she didn't take well to being addressed in that manner didn't respond to the woman's offer. Who is that? she wondered. Was she a friend of Marie's?

Maybe she had just heard Marie calling her that and thought it was an okay way to address her. Tabby could care less about the stuffed animal, although after studying the woman for a moment before she pitched her final ball, there didn't seem to be any malice. She probably didn't know any better and meant well.

Fortunately, the shot missed. "Good try," Marie said before she departed, trying to make her feel better.

About that time, Tabby saw Coach North headed towards the booth with a corndog on a stick in one hand and soda from one of the refreshment stands in the other. She had a pink Lady Raptors Booster Club shirt on and was wearing jeans and sunglasses.
Sandy Hill (played by Rogue-Scribe)

Sandy apologised for throwing out of turn and stood back while the exchange went on.

“Good tries!” She said to the brunette with the koala. “I don’t much to offer if I dunk you… maybe come by my stall and I’ll gift you a replica of a genuine Grateful Dead ‘dancing bears’ tie-dye t-shirt?” She said to ‘Tabbycat’

Sandy let loose with her underhanded softball pitch after making the offer…

It was a better throw and whacked into the backstop, but missed the ejection button.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 12.

Note: #2

AgentMilkshake Topic Starter

OOC: Each person's throws are an independent event. You don't have to worry about someone else getting through their turn sequence or keeping up with the order of other people's posts. We're assuming that each player does all 3 of their shots before someone else steps up. This is to keep the game moving and so we don't get backed up waiting on another player to go again before someone else can start their scene. Feel free to reference other players, however, and follow up on their actions as they leave.
Marie Evans (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

"There you go," Marie said to the older woman. She smirked at the bear remark. It figured she listened to that stupid hippy music. All Marie knew about the band was that everyone who saw them smoked a lot of pot and older people who attended Woodstock tended to like them. Apparently, teddy bears with tye-dye shirts had something to do with the fans who followed the band.

The second throw was a little better but still missed the target. Maybe you need to get the lenses in your rose-colored glasses checked Marie thought. "Okay, one more throw! You can dunk her! I believe in you," Marie said really trying hard to sound convincing in her enthusiasm.
Sandy Hill (played by Rogue-Scribe)

OOC:
AgentMilkshake wrote:
OOC: Each person's throws are an independent event. You don't have to worry about someone else getting through their turn sequence or keeping up with the order of other people's posts. We're assuming that each player does all 3 of their shots before someone else steps up. This is to keep the game moving and so we don't get backed up waiting on another player to go again before someone else can start their scene. Feel free to reference other players, however, and follow up on their actions as they leave.
Got it. Thanks for the explanation. Wasn't sure how it all worked exactly.

"Well... maybe I'm just getting warmed up? Speaking of warm... it is getting warm..." Sandy said as she managed to stop the ball she just threw from rolling back past her. The brunette cheerleader seemed to be trying to encourage her, but Sandy felt an artificial 'plastic barbie' vibe coming from her. She looked up at the redhead and said, "Let's see how I do this last time..."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 3.

Note: Last one

Emily Williams (played anonymously)

Emily raised an eyebrow at the reaction from the girl in the dunk tank to her offer. It almost seemed like she was offended. Perhaps the girl was too old to be interested in the koala, and maybe she felt like Emily was patronizing her, treating her like a child. Whatever the case, Emily didn't speak to the redhead again; she just kind of shrugged a silent apology, took her third throw, and missed badly.

The girl in the top hat gave Emily a "nice try", and Emily nodded and said thanks to her. The older woman also said "Good tries!" to her, which seemed to Emily to be more sincere than the cheerleader's comment. Emily gave her a warm smile and said "Thanks!" in response. The older woman then followed Emily's example by offering the redhead something from her stall if she dunked her. The older woman struck Emily as a kindly old soul, and Emily decided to find her stall later and take a look at her merchandise, though she suspected it probably wouldn't be the kind of stuff that she was interested in.

She turned back to the cheerleaders and said, "Thanks for the game, and good luck on your fundraiser!" With that she left the area and went in search of more adventures at the fair.
Karen North (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

Marie waved at the younger darker hair woman as she thanked them and wished them luck.

A few minutes later, the hippy woman took her final shot and it was as bad as the first two.

"Oh well," Marie said. "Good try! Thanks for playing!"

About that time the team coach Karen North arrived.

"Hi Karen," Marie said as the coach walked up eating a corndog. There was a brief pause in customers.

"Here, let me give it a shot," Karen said. "Hold this for a second."

She handed Marie the stick and sat her drink down.

"Ready Blackwell," Karen called to the girl in the booth.

"Yes ma'am," Tabby replied.

"I used to be on the softball team in high school," Karen said. "We were state champs."

Karen cocked her arm and pitched the ball underhand the way one would for softball. She let the ball go way too soon and it sailed past the booth. One of the juniors ran after it. "Oh dear," Karen said. "That was embarrassing!"

Her second pitch was a little better, but not much. The only thing that made the final throw better than the first was it didn't leave the booth this time, but she was nowhere near the target.

"Uh, what can I say," Karen shrugged. "It's been a while." She took the corn dog back and took a bite.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 1.

Note: first shot

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 9.

Note: second shot

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 2.

Note: third shot

AgentMilkshake wrote:
"Ma'am," The officer said to Doreen. "I'm afraid we have an arrest warrant out for you and you're going to have to come with us. You are gonna need to turn around and place your hands behind your back."

He took out a pair of real handcuffs as he addressed Doreen.

Doreen blinked in surprise when the cop approached her and announced he had a warrant for her arrest. "What, are you serious?" she said. There was a grin on her face; she thought he must be joking. Besides, it was hard to take him seriously when he was wearing that big foam hat. She knew about the charity jail; she just couldn't believe someone would actually have her arrested, of all people. Did they not realize she had important work to do here? Well, that wasn't entirely true; technically, her shift didn't start until later. But still...

Irritation flared up inside her at this interruption. Nevertheless, she'd had a lot of experience putting on a good face while hiding her true feelings, and she was good at it. She had to do it all the time in front of the crowds at sporting events, at school, and even in front of Marie. She wanted to throw a conniption, but that wouldn't go over well, not in front of Marie, Tabby, and all these people. She was representing the school and the cheerleading squad here, and to make a fuss here would be to make them all look bad. She put on a fake but convincing smile, turned to face away from the officer, and put her hands behind her back. Over her shoulder, she said, "May I ask who is having me arrested?"

Doreen blinked in surprise when the cop approached her and announced he had a warrant for her arrest. "What, are you serious?" she said. There was a grin on her face; she thought he must be joking. Besides, it was hard to take him seriously when he was wearing that big foam hat. She knew about the charity jail; she just couldn't believe someone would actually have her arrested, of all people. Did they not realize she had important work to do here? Well, that wasn't entirely true; technically, her shift didn't start until later. But still...

"I'm afraid so," he said pointing toward the jail cell on the corner of the row a few booths down from the dunk tank. It was on the opposite side of the aisle from where the cheerleaders were set up.

Irritation flared up inside her at this interruption. Nevertheless, she'd had a lot of experience putting on a good face while hiding her true feelings, and she was good at it. She had to do it all the time in front of the crowds at sporting events, at school, and even in front of Marie. She wanted to throw a conniption, but that wouldn't go over well, not in front of Marie, Tabby, and all these people. She was representing the school and the cheerleading squad here, and to make a fuss here would be to make them all look bad. She put on a fake but convincing smile, turned to face away from the officer, and put her hands behind her back. Over her shoulder, she said, "May I ask who is having me arrested?"

"Uh, where did she go," The deputy said looking around for the woman who had paid for the arrest. "I need you to turn around and put your hands behind you for me." He continued to look around as he prepared to cuff Doreen.

"What is going on here," Marie asked taking notice of things. "Excuse me, but she's working right now!" Marie didn't even try to hide the irritation in her voice. Fun was fun, but this was disrupting her event. She needed Doreen to help her manage the booth!

About that time, the girl in what looked to be a green Boy Scout uniform approached her. "Ma'am, they put one on you too," she said handcuffs ready.

"What! I have to work and don't have time...," Marie protested.

Karen stepped in at this point. "Oh Marie, calm down and be a good sport! Have a sense of humor! I will be happy to watch the booth while you two serve your sentence."

Marie couldn't argue with Karen. She wondered for a moment if she was in on this. If so, she was doing a great job of keeping her poker face up. Marie glanced to Tabby's dorky friends. Both were still standing off to the side and hadn't gone to the booth. Perhaps some of the first years were in on this... unless Pete had arrived and set this whole thing up. Marie hadn't seen him so far, though.

Reluctantly, Marie turned around and let the girl handcuff her. Tabby didn't say anything but was amused. She remembered Matt and Trevor did the same thing to her earlier in the summer at the beach festival. That was the day they first met Shelley.
Trevor Scott (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

As Marie and Doreen were lead off with their hands handcuffed behind them, Karen stepped up to the table. Things had settled down for a moment. She turned to the dunk tank. "Are you okay, Blackwell," She asked.

"Yes ma'am," Tabby answered. "But I may need a little more sunscreen.

Karen nodded. "Yes dear, you have very fair skin. Hop out of the tank for a quick break, grab some water and let's get some sunscreen on you," Karen instructed.

Tabby nodded and climbed off the bench. She grabbed a bottle of water from the ice chest behind the tank. The cooler was for the girls that were working so they could stay hydrated. She also grabbed a bottle of suntan lotion. Karen helped her get her back and neck. Once the lotion was applied a few minutes later, Tabby took her place.

"Step right up," Karen said, choosing not to use the little battery-powered speaker box. "Come support the Roaring Raptor Cheer Squad Boosters!"

Trevor glanced at Matt and raised his hand. He plunked 3 tickets down on the table which Karen took and dropped in the jar. She handed him three balls.

"Okay Short Stuff, ready or not here they come rapid-fire," Trevor said. He scooped up all 3 balls and chucked them at the target one after the other, not waiting to see if the previous one struck the target.

"Bring it," Tabby shot back, a bit cocky. She started to say something else, but the first ball struck the target sending her into the tank with a splash, Some of the water sloshed over the side. The second ball followed right behind the first and would have also struck its mark had Trevor missed the first time. By the time he'd released the third ball, Tabby was already in the water so he didn't even try to take aim with his last shot.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 18.

Note: one

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 17.

Note: Two

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 6.

Note: Three

Joey Lenocotta (played by Rogue-Scribe)

At the moment that cuffs were being shackled to both Doreen and Marie, Joey was being led into the charity jail. He was talking to the musician girl who was setting up at the further end of the fairgrounds when a uniformed kid looking like a junior ROTC recruit came up and ‘arrested’ him.

“What the hell?” Joey said. The musician grinned and shrugged at the whole affair and suggested he go along with it. Joey thought about it and decided to go ‘chill” in the jail cell. He called out to the musician as he was being led away by the Neidermeyer wannabe... “Hey, play a couple songs and come bail me out?” It was worth a try...

He wasn’t in the cell long when he saw TopHat and her cohort being brought in. “Well, this will make this stay interesting...” Joe said to himself as he leaned back to relax while the two girls were ‘being booked’ at the ‘desk’.

Flipping a coin:
1= Marie and/or Doreen can write some interaction for my character (if you want)
2= No...

But it was a ‘1’ so if either of you wish to add dialogue for Joey you can.
rolled 1d2 and got a natural 1.

Note: for character-dialogue control)

(OOC: I probably won't add dialogue for Joey, but I'll interact with him a little).

Doreen kept smiling politely as the cop shackled her hands behind her back, though inside she was annoyed. The steel handcuffs were cold and uncomfortable, but at least the cop didn't make them as tight as he could have. Marie tried to intervene, but whoever had taken out the warrant on her had taken one out on Marie too. The cop apparently didn't know who the person that had had them arrested was, but Doreen heard him mention that it was a "she", so that cut the pool of suspects down by about half.

The walk to the jail cell wasn't long, but it was humiliating. They were parading her through the crowd with her hands cuffed behind her back like she was some kind of common criminal! There was a table next to the cell where sat a woman wielding a rubber mallet like a gavel. The "judge" pronounced sentence on her to spend ten minutes in the cell unless somebody paid a dollar to bail her out. There was also a "bailiff" in charge of locking people in the cell and releasing them, and with whom you could check in your purse or other personal possessions for safekeeping while you were in jail.

While the judge was sentencing Marie, the bailiff removed Doreen's handcuffs and put her in the cell. There was one person already in the cell with her. It was that guy she saw speaking to Marie earlier, and he looked like he was intrigued by their arrival. Oh boy, Marie's not going to like this, she thought. She's not going to want to deal with him. Maybe I can do something to head off any unpleasantness.

"Ah, the guy from the dunk tank earlier," Doreen said to him. "I noticed you flirting with my friend. Before you get any ideas, you should know she's already got a boyfriend."
Joey Lenocotta (played by Rogue-Scribe)

(All good. Enjoying the interaction)

Joey put his hands out and made a mock-shrug as the girl who first got put in the cell recognized him. "Hey White-Tail... " Joey said, referring to her white coattails. "Yes, that's me, the lousy ball-thrower. Guilty as charged..." he added in an easygoing voice as he sat back up. It looked like the place was going to get crowded as the cell didn't seem all that big.

He gave TopHat a glance when White-Tail mentioned she had a boyfriend. It looked like they may make her remove the hat before being locked up.... probably in case she had a file under it to cut the 'bars' with while incarcerated. He looked back to White-Tail to say, "I figured as much. Guessing all you Teal Cove cheeries have boyfriends...."

Joey had a few minutes on the clock by the time Marie was ready for the clink, but he considered in his head that maybe he could get a few minutes added to his sentence for bad behavior or something just to hang longer with these two ladies.
Jessica Griffin (played anonymously)

(Good story merge Joey)

Jessica didn’t mind the pursuit from the local guy as she walked through the fairgrounds. Setting up at the new place, she bantered with Joey a bit as she tuned then she tore into her cover of Lenny Kravitz’s Are You Going My Way in a sort of dedication to him.

After she finished, the whole drama of Joey getting arrested happened, and she was glad he didn’t make a huge deal with the funny fair shenanigans of the arrest. She heard him call out, but the hell she was going to pay good money to free him early. She knew he was joking. She did hang on to his rat and his bag of weed though.

After playing Landslide that seemed to attract an audience, Jess thanked everyone who was dumping their change in her guitar case. She debated sitting there on the grass and playing on, but chose to pack up and 5ake the walk back toward that dunking tank....

Marie's eyes went wide when she saw the guy that had been staring at her earlier at the dunk tank was in the jail cell. Had he set this up so she'd be forced to talk to him? Damn it, where the hell is Pete?

Once the judge "sentenced" her, and the handcuffs were removed, Marie joined Doreen and the guy in the cell. The girl playing the guitar seemed to know him. Had she been the on this and taken out the warrant for him?

As soon as the door to the jail was shut Marie turned to him. "So, who the hell are you anyway," She demanded.
Karen North (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

Meanwhile, things had slowed down a bit at the dunk tank. "Step right up folks," Karen said to the passersby. "Come dunk a cheerleader! Only 3 tickets for 3 balls and 3 chances! Help the Teal Cove High Roaring Raptors Cheer boosters!"
Joey Lenocotta wrote:
Joey put his hands out and made a mock-shrug as the girl who first got put in the cell recognized him. "Hey White-Tail... " Joey said, referring to her white coattails. "Yes, that's me, the lousy ball-thrower. Guilty as charged..." he added in an easygoing voice as he sat back up. It looked like the place was going to get crowded as the cell didn't seem all that big.

He gave TopHat a glance when White-Tail mentioned she had a boyfriend. It looked like they may make her remove the hat before being locked up.... probably in case she had a file under it to cut the 'bars' with while incarcerated. He looked back to White-Tail to say, "I figured as much. Guessing all you Teal Cove cheeries have boyfriends...."

"Some of us do. And the name's not 'White-Tail', it's Doreen." After she said it, she wondered whether it had been a good idea to give this guy her name. Maybe not, but she didn't want him calling her White-Tail either. Of course, just because he knew her name now didn't necessarily mean he was going to stop calling her White-Tail. But really, she hadn't been thinking much about whether she should give him her name; she'd been more focused on how to respond to his comment about the cheerleaders having boyfriends. She got the feeling he was fishing for information, trying to find out whether she had one. She didn't want to give that information away, and so had left her response ambiguous in that respect. Maybe to distract him from that topic, she added, "And your throwing wasn't the worst I've seen today." She was still a little irritated at having to chase down that ball that Tabby's dweeb friend had inadvertently heaved into the parking lot.

A minute later Marie was put in the cell, and as Doreen had expected, she reacted badly to the guy's presence. "By the way, I told him you're already seeing someone," Doreen said, figuring Marie should know.
Matt watched in surprise as an officer announced the Doreen was under arrest. When Marie tried to interfere, she was arrested too, by a woman dressed in what appeared to be a scouting uniform. He turned to Trevor and said, "Dude, somebody stole our idea to have Marie and Doreen arrested! Saves us a little money, I guess. I wonder who it was."

He continued watching as the girls were handcuffed and led away towards the jail cell. "I hear the local zoo has opened a new cheerleader exhibit. Want to go check it out, or should we stick around here?"
Karen North wrote:
Meanwhile, things had slowed down a bit at the dunk tank. "Step right up folks," Karen said to the passersby. "Come dunk a cheerleader! Only 3 tickets for 3 balls and 3 chances! Help the Teal Cove High Roaring Raptors Cheer boosters!"

"This looks like fun." Natalie had seen a sign for the fair while she was on her lunch break from work and decided to pop down and check it out. "Mind if I have a go?" She gives Karen three tickets that she had picked up at the entrance to the fair.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » (Closed) Summer Soiree: The County Fair

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus