Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » (Closed) Summer Soiree: The County Fair

Tabitha Blackwell (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

Jess fished out her last three tickets and held them out to the older lady with the microphone. “Here. I’ll try to get the girl wet again...” Jess said as she set down her guitar case and took her first ball to throw...

"Thank you," Karen said taking the tickets and depositing them. She handed Jessica three balls. "Ready, Blackwell?"

Tabby gave a reluctant nod.

Her pitch hit just to the right of dead-center.... knocking the button in...

Tabby let out a surprised squeal as the bench gave out from under her and she splashed down into the tank. Her head popped up a moment later. How much longer was her shift going to last?
Karen North (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

"Get back up there, Blackwell," Karen said. She turned back to Jessica. "You have two more throws if you want them! Maybe you'll dunk her again!"

Tabby climbed up the ladder as a second-year member reset the target and bench. Tabby then took her seat.
Jessica Griffin (played anonymously)

Jess put her hand over her mouth as he eyes got big. “Sorry... that’s twice now I did that to you” she said as Tabby climbed out of the water and returning to the seat.

She had really pretty hair, especially when it was all wet and straight at that moment she came up out of the water. Jess considered maybe getting reddish highlight in her hair someday when she could afford such things.

“Thanks...” Jess said as she took another ball. She didn’t think too much about her throw this time and just let it fly...
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 16.

Tabby scrambled back into place. The blonde girl's second shot was dangerously close to sending Tabby into the pool again, but it was just a hair too high.

"Good try," Tabby said. She had heard Coach North lecture Marie about being a good sport a few minutes earlier when she and Doreen were hauled off to the charity jail. She glanced that direction and they were still in there along with the guy who had been flirting with Marie earlier. She wondered if he'd gotten them and himself arrested so he could talk to them.

"OK, one more shot! Get ready Blackwell," Karen instructed. She gave the blonde the go ahead on her last throw.

“That was close!” Jessica said as she turned around to get her third ball. “Let’s see how I do with this last one?”

Jessica had a look around as she turned the ball in her hand. “Ok, here it goes!” she called out as she threw the ball....
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 7.

Note: 3rd try

Having just been dunked a moment earlier, Tabby was glad the final shot was a miss. This one was way off. "Well you know what Meatloaf said," Tabby said from the tank. "Two outta three ain't bad... ya know, counting earlier."

“Yes, I’ve been lucky....” Jess said to Tabby as she stepped off to the side in case anyone else wanted to have a go. She put her guitar over in the shade and came to stand near the dunktank to talk to Tabby. “You like Meat Loaf? ...”
Joey Lenocotta wrote:
“She means a lot to you doesn’t she... ok... for you ... since I see she means a lot to you... I won’t.” Joey said as he looked at Doreen with a smile before looking over to Marie. “You have a loyal number two here....”
Marie Evans wrote:
"Yes I do," Marie replied. "There is a reason she's second in command of the squad."
Doreen smiled in relief when Joey withdrew his request to add extra minutes to Marie's time. She assumed all along that Joey was doing it just to harass Marie; she never realized Joey's true intention was to separate her from Marie so he could talk to her outside of Marie's influence. But even if she'd realized what Joey was trying to do, she'd have responded the same way. What Joey didn't realize was that Doreen's actions were driven not by loyalty to Marie, but by social expediency. Doreen's real goal here was to maintain her position as Marie's second in command, and she did that by keeping Marie happy and making Marie believe she was loyal to her. The way Doreen saw it, she may never see Joey again after this fair, but she was definitely going to be part of Marie's clique for the coming school year and maybe beyond. If Doreen did anything to anger Marie or make her feel betrayed, Doreen's spot in the pecking order would be at risk. By defending Marie and offering to share "jail time" with her, Doreen was making herself look like a loyal friend and solidifying her position in the number-two spot. "Thank you," she said to Joey.
Emily Williams wrote:
In response to the question from the girl in white, she said, "Yes, for real. Once for being human. Once for being inhuman. Once for trespassing."
Doreen frowned at the response from the woman sitting cross-legged on the cell floor. She could understand being locked up for trespassing, but what did the woman mean about being locked up for being human, and for being inhuman? Perhaps the former meant she had been locked up for some mistake she had made, as in the phrase "to err is human; to forgive, divine". If that were the case, then being locked up for being inhuman might mean the woman had committed some truly heinous and savage crime. It was an answer that creeped Doreen out, and she decided not to pry into it further.
Joey Lenocotta (played by Rogue-Scribe)

Emily Williams wrote:
Emily smiled at Joey. "Don't worry, I'm not a cop," she said, though he didn't seem the least bit concerned whether she was or not. "Your secret's safe with me."
“I know, and It’s no secret. When you are on death row, secrets are kind of pointless.” Joey replied to the Buddha lady in the corner. “If you want to burn one, I work at the Hillcrest service station on the highway just out of town. Stop in sometime.” He gave a glance to the cheerleaders and added, “... that goes for you too.”
Doreen Rogers wrote:
"Thank you," she said to Joey.
Joey gave Doreen a smile and a nod, giving her a quick look down and up. “The least I can do for you.” he said as he gave Marie an overemphasized bug-eyed ogle as he was let out of the ‘cell’.

He paused after a step and looked back to the three women and said, “It was nice doing time with you all. See you around.” before walking back out among the crowds of people.

Jessica Griffin wrote:
“Yes, I’ve been lucky....” Jess said to Tabby as she stepped off to the side in case anyone else wanted to have a go. She put her guitar over in the shade and came to stand near the dunktank to talk to Tabby. “You like Meat Loaf? ...”

"Eh, he's alright," Tabby replied with a shrug, still perched on the bench in the tank. "My band is playing that song later tonight on the main stage." She glanced toward Matt and Trevor. "Those two are the drummer and keyboard player. Our bassist Starla isn't hear yet, but she's on the cheer squad, too."
Marie Evans (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

Marie shot the guy a half-cocked smirk as he exited the cell. A minute or two later the judge announced Marie and Doreen's sentence was complete and opened the door. Marie lead the way back to the dunking booth.

"You get all kinds of riff-raff at these things," she commented without looking back. Once at the booth, Marie picked up the mic again and Karen stepped back. "Come dunk a cheerleader! Only 3 tickets for 3 tries! This little lady needs a bath and to cool off! Help the Cheer squad booster club! It's a great cause!"

Tabitha Blackwell wrote:
"Eh, he's alright," Tabby replied with a shrug, still perched on the bench in the tank. "My band is playing that song later tonight on the main stage." She glanced toward Matt and Trevor. "Those two are the drummer and keyboard player. Our bassist Starla isn't hear yet, but she's on the cheer squad, too."

Jessica smiled and said “You’re in a band? You guys too? Cool!” Jess always liked meeting other musicians on her travels. She glanced at the two guys nearby and said, “I might hang around and hear you play then.”
Trevor Scott (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

Trevor had overheard the conversation. "Yeah, if we don't drown Shortstuff," Trevor replied. "So, you play too. Are you from around here?"

Trevor Scott wrote:
Trevor had overheard the conversation. "Yeah, if we don't drown Shortstuff," Trevor replied. "So, you play too. Are you from around here?"
Jessica blushed a little. “Yeah I dunked her twice.... sorry...” she said to Tabby before turning to answer the guy’s question.

“No, I am just passing through town on my way to Austin for a music festival. I’m actually from Winnipeg Manitoba via London and Montreal...” she paused and gave the guy a slight smile. “So what style of music do you guys play?”

Jessica blushed a little. “Yeah I dunked her twice.... sorry...” she said to Tabby before turning to answer the guy’s question.

"Sorry? That's great! I put her in the tank, too," Trevor said.

“No, I am just passing through town on my way to Austin for a music festival. I’m actually from Winnipeg Manitoba via London and Montreal...” she paused and gave the guy a slight smile. “So what style of music do you guys play?”

"Montreal... do they say yinz there," Trevor asked. "We're a cover band. We do rock, mostly. What about you?"
"I think 'yinz' is mostly a Pittsburgh thing. We have a friend who's from there, and she uses the word 'yinz' like most normal people use 'y'all'," Matt explained, figuring Jessica wouldn't get Trevor's reference. "She says things like 'how yinz doing?' or 'what are yinz up to? I'm Matt, by the way. I'm the drummer. Our keyboardist here is Trevor.'"
Jessica Griffin wrote:
Trevor Scott wrote:
"Y'all may have dunked Tabby three times between the two of you, but I had the most epic accomplishment this afternoon. I managed to get Doreen to run all the way to the parking lot just to chase down a ball I threw. It takes real skill to throw a ball that badly."

Trevor Scott wrote:
Jess smiled and looked down. “She is a trooper...” she said before turning her head to Tabby. “I’d offer to take your place if I was part of your school.”
Trevor Scott wrote:
"Montreal... do they say yinz there," Trevor asked.
Turning back to the guy, Jessica giggled at his question. “Nooo... it’s ‘vous-tous’.. sort of, I don’t have much of a French accent.”
Trevor Scott wrote:
"We're a cover band. We do rock, mostly. What about you?"
Awesome! That’s kinda what I do mostly... maybe on a more acoustic take. I do play session a lot though in my travels. Maybe we could jam?”
Matt Hunter wrote:
"I think 'yinz' is mostly a Pittsburgh thing. We have a friend who's from there, and she uses the word 'yinz' like most normal people use 'y'all'," Matt explained, figuring Jessica wouldn't get Trevor's reference. "She says things like 'how yinz doing?' or 'what are yinz up to? I'm Matt, by the way. I'm the drummer. Our keyboardist here is Trevor.”
Jess extended a hand to the other guy who started speaking. “Pleased to meet you Matt!” She gave his hand a shake before turning back to the other guy. “And you too Trevor!”
Matt Hunter wrote:
"Y'all may have dunked Tabby three times between the two of you, but I had the most epic accomplishment this afternoon. I managed to get Doreen to run all the way to the parking lot just to chase down a ball I threw. It takes real skill to throw a ball that badly."
“I’m sorry I missed that!” Jessica said grinning. “Did you send the ball in orbit or something?”

The microphone was back in operation with the black coattail girl trying to get more people to try and dunk Tabby...

Trevor shook Jessica's hand. "Austin, huh," he said. "So you're about 4 hours or so from here. "Matt sent a groundball rolling across the fairgrounds. It was a little amusing watching Doreen having to run after it." He noted she was busy helping Marie. "If you get back out this way sometime maybe we can do a jam at some point."
Can I join?
AgentMilkshake Topic Starter

We will be closing this thread tomorrow night!

Tomorrow (July 5) evening we will be closing this thread up and not taking any new players. We'll spend the remainder of the week wrapping up scenes so we can be finished by next Saturday, July 10 when Summer Soiree 2021 officially ends.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » (Closed) Summer Soiree: The County Fair

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus