Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Mid SummerWizardry Convention

Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Cornelius assuring Victi he wasn't trying to get her attention gets a skeptical look. Her eyes narrow, her head slowly tilts to one side, then the other... then she shrugs and her expression becomes more neutral. "Meh, well, whatever. I'm here now either way," she replies, dropping her annoyance in favor of up-beat indifference. She meets the old wyrm's eyes as he attempts to introduce her to the other, waiting for a name.

When it turns out Cornelius hadn't even gotten it, Victi takes a few steps back as she holds in laughter. She knew she was no better about that kind of thing, probably worse if she were being totally honest, but it was still funny to watch the scramble to make an introduction. She takes the time to watch the exchange and get an initial impression of the stranger's scent, both in body and spirit. She didn't expect much on the bodily side, alien and strange to her, like almost everyone else here, but with no sign of particularly strong emotions, stresses, or sickness at play, and that was pretty much what she got. The magical or auric scent was much more interesting.

"Blood.... and starlight?" she murmurs, keeping quiet enough to barely feel her vocal cords make the breath into the barest sounds, "But no old grease, smoke, or.... hunh..."

She holds back the urge to let her mouth open, to more eagerly take in the scent, or to move closer and sniff in more detail. However much she'd been told that civilized people don't sniff one another without asking first, even or especially if they smell interesting, it was always so tempting to her forest-born instincts. For now, she waits to either be spoken to or for someone to make the mistake of giving her too good of a straight line to pass up. She did want to watch the awkward attempt at salvaging an introduction.
Kiran (played by Leighoflight)

“Dr Kiran Askew” throwing in the title since the other had “Pleasure to meet you Cornelius” he smiled then shook the offered hand. He then glanced at his companion “And you...miss?” going on assumptions as he didn’t really know what she was. That nose of hers twitching in her direction was slightly disconcerting, mind instantly going to the vials in his belt bags. Then again, he could just smell of work in general. He had no idea what she could sense.

“I must admit I have never met one such as yourself, how can I properly address you?” Speaking to the fox creature.

"Victi Aurora, Silverfur subspecies," the many-tailed vixen answers with a wide, toothy grin and an exaggerated curtsying motion, minus actually having clothing to hold in the process, "Nine Paths and UMT wizard, wielder of stolen Ancient Old One magic, and amateur demolitionist."

She straightens back up before adding, "Just calling me 'Victi' is fine, or... I'unno, figure out what feels right if you're feeling formal. I don't really have any proper titles worth mentioning other than a couple honorary positions, so you'll be stuck with honorifics. Feminine and equal status terms are fine, standard stuff. Anyway, what were you two talking about? It's probably more interesting than browsing entirely mediocre enchanting lattice wafers."
The corners of his lips quirk upwards and a sharp breath escapes his nostrils as Cornelius restrains a light laugh. His surname is Askew.

There’s a joke there- a terrible, no-good, thoroughly corny joke that only a lover of riddles and wordplay such as himself would appreciate. Fortunately for his present company, he keeps his mouth shut, if only because he can’t think of a good angle.

The Librarian wasn’t actually expecting the handshake, but he takes it gracefully, gripping Kiran’s hand firmly and giving it a very professional shake before letting go.

“Now that introductions are out of the way,” he turns to Victi. “We were more or less engaged in small talk: discussing the event, our near future plans, and our own areas of study. This young ma- ahem, Dr. Kiran Askew may be looking for a leatherworker, right?”

He folds his arms behind his back and gives Kiran another quizzical head tilt, his expression slightly apologetic. "Pardon me, but would you prefer to be addressed using your title, and if so, do you go by Dr. Kiran, or Dr. Askew?"
Kiran (played by Leighoflight)

Eyes wide at the number of different honourifics the female creature had. Having rarely interacted with academic magic users he forgot how many names they used, he found it all a bit pointless really. Having a decent practitioner face he kept his opinions internal for the time being. “Very well, nice to meet you Ms Victi"

Kiran would look to Cornelius and nod “Yes, I wouldn’t mind finding a combat harness of sorts, maybe two..but I’d need it custom made.” At the question of titles he jerked his head back a little “Seriously, Kiran is just fine! I’m not here on formal business! You don’t have to use the title…” looking slightly uncomfortable.

"Leather?" Victi asks, a little surprised and perplexed, "Pretty light and enchantable, I guess, and poly-comp isn't cheap here.... fair enough, I guess." A map pops into the air in front of her, apparently not magical if checked, which she fiddles with before saying, "Leather work is.... arms and armour, two rows up, near this end." The map winks out.

"I've actually got some bits of stuff I could sell up that way, some exotic scraps of metal of questionable origin, mostly, at least I think it still counts as metal, so I don't mind tagging along or warping us past the crowds," she says, withdrawing one of the metal scraps in question from her tail fur for emphasis. It almost looks greasy, as well as warped, fused, and with strange ripples of muted color shifting over the dark, dull surface. "I actually have some stone, glass-ish stuff, and a couple other bits of stuff, but it isn't with me right-right now. Still, I can call it, and it might be worth a good chunk. It all has some, uh... interesting properties."

Elsewhere:

The first presentation has started up on stage. A large goat-like man is talking about the way his people approach runic sorcery, using carefully-studied replications of planetary positions at different times of year to reflect the dominant energy flows of the season, adjusted with images of fake planets with particular sizes, orbits, and other characteristics to tweak the flows to specific spells in inscriptions, assemblies, or mental images for spellcasting. He postulates that any solar system can be treated in the same way for modelling, and that studying energies related to each planet in other places could make figuring out new adjustment options easier.

OOC note

I am shamelessly running the game long because work booped me hard during the event time and I feel like the concept can use more exploring. Questions or opinions on that welcome for discussion. Also, if you're kinda just watching or randomly found this, hi! The game is still open for now. ^v^

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Mid SummerWizardry Convention

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus