Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Solstice (Fantasy)(Open) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Narration (played anonymously)

Hello all!

I'm posting here to let you all know that I've written a short introduction to a fantasy rp. Anyone can jump in; you may ask first, but its not necessary to do so. Just make sure that your character fits within the genre.

This starts off in a forest filled with ruins during this world's summer solstice. There are at least a few reasons why someone might want to come here. A few are: spiritual, as a way of celebrating the solstice; research, meaning someone is recording info on historical structures or perhaps local customs; or just plain ol' tourist/explorer curiosity. Its a big forest so your character could also just be lost. There are other reasons, I'm sure, but I thought it may be helpful to just list a few that come to mind.

You can engage with the character referenced in the opening post or just go your own way. I'll roll with whatever; that's why I'm using this profile. Thought it might be more interesting to take a less character-centric approach, to keep a story going.

Some notes about technology: things like guns are not going to be commonly heard of, but if you have a character who has a gun, the setting is technically flexible to that. Just nothing too modern, please. Bows and crossbows are still widely used and it'd be a lot harder to replace gunpowder/shot than to just have a bow and replace arrows/bolts, especially outside of a city.
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts,

I technically already joined, but wanted to say hi anyway. I found it while randomly scrolling the Fantasy RP board and it seems like exactly the kind of thing I've been seeking out. Looking forward to seeing it grow. :)
Narration (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Hello! :D

I'm glad my scene got your attention! Usually I write my intros a bit longer but I didn't want to start off with too much going on. I figure it may help to develop more plot when people join rather than before it. Idk though, sort of experimenting with this profile to see how differently it goes vs. using a character directly.

May be a bit slow writing my replies sometimes, as I'm working on summer classes. I'll try to have a reply done tonight though.
HelpIranoutofideas

HI there! I'm kinda interested, but how much is the minimum?

By minimum, do you mean the minimum words/text you might use each post? If that is the case, there isn't a hard rule on that, but the average amount of text per post right now seems to be 3-5 paragraphs. So not the longest posts ever, but there haven't been any single-line responses. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you mean. If you have any other questions, though, feel free to ask! The rp is still open as of now.
I can't speak for the other players but my posts are only as long as they are because I have things I can work with but I also tend to fluctuate on post length depending on how 'fast' a scene is going. I wouldn't use my own posts as a metric for how much you should post, and I can say I personally don't care about post length so long as a post moves things along or serves a purpose.

But again, I'm just 1 player and we currently have 4, and I can only speak for myself.
Hello. I find your RP interesting and id like to join. My character fits the desc. Thanks in advanve

Hey again folks. Sorry for the long absence. Some events in my life took up my time and left me exhausted, so I took some time away from things. I'll try to have a new post up in a bit.

To give a bit of detail, part of it involved both my s/o and I getting stranded in the dead of night at two different airports with no money! Absolute madness. We're both ok and together again now.

Edit: Hello Vocov! Please allow me to post first, since I've been away a while.

Edit 2: I've finished posting. Let us proceed! :D

By the way, if you're still interested in joining, the rp is still open (although with the four already playing I'm considering closing it for a time.) Be aware that you can always drop into the ongoing scene, or settle elsewhere in the forest for the time being. It is an entire forest, with many a variety of ruins to be seen.
Hey, could I join? I think my character Turvold fits within the fantasy idea.

Hi KingDragon! Sorry for the late reply, things are slowing down a little bit it seems. I'd say yes, but I'm not honestly sure at this point if the others are working on their posts right now.

If this thread does happen to die, though, I'll let you know about other posts I make in the future.
Sorry about that. I hadn't realized everyone had posted and the thread got buried in my notifications. I did notice it got a bit slower overall though.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Solstice (Fantasy)(Open) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus