Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Set a trap for the character below (IC)

You gotta catch them alive, so you try to ambush them. What's readily available to you in order to make it successful?

Roll a 1d20 for extra spice, but totally not required! If rolled, work with the dice no matter the number, I know it's just a forum game but no cheating! Otherwise, go with your gut feeling.

The person who responds IC has to set their own trap as well.
Rene (played by Leighoflight)

'Why am I doing this?' he thought to himself while sat in a small clearing in the woods at night. 'Because they'll kill me then go hunt her down as well....' he huffed at his internal dialogue. They said they wanted her alive....that was something at least to ease his mind but on the other hand also brought no good with it should they succeed.

It was a new moon and the forest was pitch black, not that the wendigo and his..followers..minded much. Surrounding the beast, several armed military where camped out in bushes and trees, waiting for their target. The gunman weren't his biggest concern should he play along with this little act, it was the shamans that made up over half of the hunting team. Being a spirit creature in nature these guys were effective at dispelling wendigo with little effort.

Out from the bushes to his left came a low voice "Team ready, White Hill go." and that was his cue. He prayed that she wasn't stupid enough to fall for this as he let out a pained cry. Most of the team hiding but within hearing range shivered at the perfect mimicry of a woman crying in pain and fear, calling for help from anyone that might hear her.

Now it was a waiting game, one he hoped to loose....

(My trap for Jude ofc, because I am horribly bias)
Jude (played by Banshee) Topic Starter

The forest was silent, eerily so. No birds singing. Why weren’t the birds singing? Only a soft breeze rustling the trees did their keen sense of hearing pick up as they meandered through the dark woods. That big head hung low as they sniffed around trying to pick up a trail; there were definitely deer and fox and bear in these parts, but neither suited their, uh... selective palate.

They picked up the pace when hearing distressed screams in the distance, silently so as to not cause a stir. But then doubt came over Jude when the breeze suddenly carried the faintest of multiple human scents. She reined them in, and they stood there for a moment just sniffing the air. It was pretty quiet for so many people out and about. Maybe they were sleeping, that wouldn’t be a bad thing? Then again they really wouldn’t be, with someone crying like that...

With Jude prompting them to, they backed away, turning around with their center of gravity close to the ground as they slinked off.

Had there been no wind they would’ve walked right into that.

Earlier that night Jude had somehow, just this once, succeeded in lighting a campfire close to a hiker’s trail. Juicy, skewered meat was sizzling over it, spreading an alluring smell that could attract both man and beast. Returning to the little camp to check if the bait was still there, the wendigo scaled a sturdy pine closeby. They settled down among the branches- impatient, eager, yet knowing to bide its time. Shrouded by darkness they remained still, its beady and lidless eyes peering down at any unsuspecting prey that may have been drawn in by the scent of cooking meat.

They weren’t going for a kill this time; they’d pounce and whisk them away for the time being, if Jude could help it.
James Moriarty (played by Atheist)

[ I'll try to revive this thread, though I can honestly say I have no idea if I'll be doing this correctly, but the concept seemed fun to me, so I'll just give it a good ol' college try. ]

The pawns were in their place primed and ready, the rooftops of a vast and glittering cityscape concealing their locations while the magistrate resided within the security of an epicenter pulling all the strings. Tonight was going to be the night he finally put a stop to all of the obtrusive interruptions to his work. No longer will James Moriarty, professional criminal consultant, have to worry about the intolerances of that meddling interference ever again. The time had finally come and his well of patience had run completely dry.

There was no escaping the contingency plan he put into place, and while Jim was content to believe he and his infinite genius put into play probably the most foolproof course of action, he was still acutely aware of any loophole his quarry could exploit if they had half a brain to do so. Even as such, Moriarty settled into the captain's chair of his command center staring intensely at a laptop screen.

With a few keystrokes, his connivance was set into motion. Those that would follow him to the ends of the Earth willingly acknowledged his every beck and call. It paid to be the boss -- not just any boss, but a capable leader that upon which his unquestioned rule guarantees the protection of those who follow his every decree. It was a formula for success in all aspects for everyone involved, Jim in particular all things considered. He was by all accounts, the brains of the operation after all.

Nevertheless, an inconspicuous set of black sedans lay in wait at each possible intersection, drivers and passengers alike equally equipped to administer their intended capture. With the hired guns perched in their roosts, every nook, cranny, and possible escape routes properly attended to, and all store, street, and stoplight cameras hijacked for surveyance purposes, the game was afoot and the waiting commenced.

LHDtNOC.jpgOf course, this wasn't about to be another senseless murder by any means. The intention was to catch his prey and give them a proper address. Moriarty believed with his heart of hearts that if this universal foe made such an incredible nuisance of themselves the professor had to resort to such extremes, they at least deserved the opportunity to meet the mastermind they've sought to expose.

Dark eyes scanned the screen with a profound ferocity, pinpointing all presented details from the protruding ridges lining each individual brick set within the buildings to the innocent passers-by milling about the walkways. It was only a matter of time before Moriarty would have his one-on-one with perhaps the greatest challenge of his entire criminal career. He could hardly wait...

[ I hope it was okay and I did this right! 😅 ]
Zoey Robinson (played by Dib2435)

Zoey was leaning back against a tree next to a live side cutout of her family's second time machine with a 3d printed set of keys with a soft smirk on her face " Free time machine! First one First served! Helpfully for anything! Visiting the past or even getting away with a crime! All done by Cornelius Robinson! " Zoey spoke as she thought " This will trick him for sure! I just hope Willy doesn't fall for this "

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Set a trap for the character below (IC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus