Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Interdimetional tavaler

Only thing I know for this person:
A Human Male
Has a ship that allows him to travel different dimensions (other RP's)
Maybe the ship has a particular engine that this OC invented? I would make the character an inventor/explorer of sorts
Alright time to put brain to use.

So this guy is just an immortal human traveler. (Maybe not immortal who knows up to you) At first he just traveled the world, but then he went everywhere, he saw everything there was to see. So he hears about dimensions, and so he starts learning about dimensions and playing around with the science of it til he eventually makes a ship. One that travels through different dimensions, times and realities.
Thinking, would the ship be magical or technological in nature? Both would achieve the same result, but the engineering of said ship would vastly differ depending on the dimension travel method.

For example, a magical dimensional travel ship might require keying in the frequencies certain color stars vibrate at to create an interdimensional bridge (see Bifrost, the constellation in the sly in Pyre's Downside, etc) to the other realm.
giphy.gif

• His ship must recharge between dimension jumps. It needs a minimum 42 hours - "forcing" the character to stick around for long enough to get wrapped up in whatever adventure is happening where he lands.
  • His ship is a prototype and the early experiments did not go exactly as planned. Now he's lost. He's constantly reworking the math and "fixing" the calibrations in an effort to get back home. This could lead to mini adventures and side quests - "If only I had some hasteolium! Then I could create a temporal distortion!" <-- insert random gibberish. ;)
Wandering_Ender Topic Starter

ShadowKyogre wrote:
Thinking, would the ship be magical or technological in nature?

For example, a magical dimensional travel ship might require keying in the frequencies certain color stars vibrate at to create an interdimensional bridge (see Bifrost, the constellation in the sly in Pyre's Downside, etc) to the other realm.

I like the idea of having both, magical and technological means of travel, sort of combining the 2 together. Might have started as Just magical, then adapted technology to improve the system. I really like the idea of using magic as means for navigation at the very least.

Galaxy-Star wrote:
Alright time to put brain to use.

So this guy is just an immortal human traveler. (Maybe not immortal who knows up to you) At first he just traveled the world, but then he went everywhere, he saw everything there was to see. So he hears about dimensions, and so he starts learning about dimensions and playing around with the science of it til he eventually makes a ship. One that travels through different dimensions, times and realities.

Immortal sounds like a fun idea, different times and dimensions are always fun, allowing him to be an easy insurt.

TheNightmareSavage wrote:
Maybe the ship has a particular engine that this OC invented? I would make the character an inventor/explorer of sorts

Love that, makes it so he might be the only one that knows how the ship works

Juls wrote:
giphy.gif

• His ship must recharge between dimension jumps. It needs a minimum 42 hours - "forcing" the character to stick around for long enough to get wrapped up in whatever adventure is happening where he lands.
  • His ship is a prototype and the early experiments did not go exactly as planned. Now he's lost. He's constantly reworking the math and "fixing" the calibrations in an effort to get back home. This could lead to mini adventures and side quests - "If only I had some hasteolium! Then I could create a temporal distortion!" <-- insert random gibberish. ;)

Love the recharge effect, and if he was the one to make the ship, it could be the first and only one of its kind.
The character has a challenge that makes his job as a scientific creator difficult. Some options...

a) color-blind so he can't easily tell the components
b) dyslexic so struggles to read instructions
c) sight issues so he needs glasses to work

This causes unpredictable outcomes

Despite the handicap(s) he has strengths: patient, persistent... which allow him to improve the machine / continue working on it
HelpIranoutofideas

The character may need different items from different dimensions, one could be: -insert a fictional item here-, very strange materials.

The character may have challenges like knowing which is which, who to trust (because some could want the ship).

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Interdimetional tavaler

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus