Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Upon login, move to Dashboard

Sanne Moderator

What I'd like to see is, when I login, I move straight to the dashboard rather than have the index refreshed.

For NEW members, perhaps the first login should take them to the Settings Page so that they can get that sorted first.

This well help new folks find what they need and it will take one click less for the regular folk to get where they need to be. :D
Kim Site Admin

The current schema actually keeps you on whatever page you logged in on, so if you log in from the forums intending to post a reply to something you won't lose your place. I suppose we could make an exception for the index. I'd like to see the index just become more useful instead, beyond prompting basic steps.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

The index page right now is just a pretty poster that has just about no functionality.

Maybe consider the Community page to become the new index? It has all the awesome, new stuff that a new member (and non members!) would like to see. News headlines, featured characters, recent forum topics... If you combine Index with Community or take one out and replace it with the other, the index page will have full functionality and you wouldn't have to forward the index to the Dashboard.

Sound like an idea? :O
Kim Site Admin

Definitely an idea. The other option I'd been toying with is moving some or all of the notifications to the index.

The index's current functionality is being the hand-holder, and that part won't go away. When you first create an account, it splashes up enormous buttons leading you through the things most people will want to do so they don't have to go searching as newbies. Right now it sort of falls apart once you've finished all the things it suggests and stops having a use, but there's plenty more things it could suggest and help with.
*snorts* XD When I logged in today, the index page said:

Did you know...
You look really nice today. Are you doing something different with your hair?

I was going to comment before about the fact that I think the "Did you know" thing on the index page is a great idea, but I forgot. Now this one hilarious "did you know" made me remember. XD
Kim Site Admin

If the index page said it, it must be true!
Ethelle wrote:
*snorts* XD When I logged in today, the index page said:

Did you know...
You look really nice today. Are you doing something different with your hair?

I was going to comment before about the fact that I think the "Did you know" thing on the index page is a great idea, but I forgot. Now this one hilarious "did you know" made me remember. XD

I got that too but I haven't combed my hair yet today so I felt like it was being sarcastic >:C
Kim Site Admin

Certainly not. The index page is only ever serious. Have you ever known me to joke? *squints through monocle*

Besides, tousled bed hair is high fashion chic right now. ;)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Upon login, move to Dashboard

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus