Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for a casual Role Play (Open) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Mirafin

I'm bored at work and would like a casual RP to pass the time with the potential to be long term. I would prefer a fantasy setting with a group of people. Most likely a "standard" world so that we don't have to spend a huge amount of time planning, but I'm also always up for things that will make the world more interesting.

I love collaborative story telling, so everyone in the group should be willing to contribute to the plot at some point. Right now the only thing that's coming to mind is the old trope of a group meeting at a tavern and going on an adventure from there. It's a classic for a reason after all. I have a few ideas for the adventure but I'd like to hear any ideas and suggestions you may have.

So far I haven't committed to a character yet. I have a couple brewing in the back of my mind as well as the two I have here.

There will be no required post length, but please write enough to say everything and keep the plot going.
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts,

Rishell and Cam are perfect for this. they can fit mostly anywhere.
Take a look and see what you like. I don't mind casual
Mirafin Topic Starter

Maybe Rishell? If I use my Liothryth character she's old enough that maybe she's run into someone else with a similar power or read something about it. She's also a powerful enough mage that she could maybe help Rishell learn more about her powers and interacting with Rishell could be a way to convince Lio to use hers again, because she hasn't since the war.

I had been thinking a more medieval setting, but if you would prefer something more modern I should be ableto figure out a way to make Lio fit.
I'm in can I use my character who's a dragon from Wings of Fire
yoo Blake would be a good edition :] my man is a royal who is also very angsty. #Gaslightingparentsgbrrr
Mirafin Topic Starter

If a generic fantasy setting that we can build as we go and a standard meeting in a tavern beginning works for everyone, I made a starting post in the fantasy forum. Everyone can join as they see fit. Hope to see you there!

https://www.rprepository.com/community/forums/topic/100087?page=1#post-5708134

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for a casual Role Play (Open) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus