Posted by Kim on June 24, 2020, 1:10pmYou know how it goes: You've been RPing with your friends for a year. The adventure has finally wrapped up. You've seen beautiful character development and amazing plot twists. Going back to read it all warms your heart.
But... that old RP group just sits there, taking up space in your "Groups" list. You have to keep scrolling past it to get to your active RPs. It sits, and sits, maybe for years, and then! One day the group is just gone; the founder has deleted it to get it out of their list, and your precious RP logs are gone just like that!
Many of us have felt a tension between preserving beloved logs and keeping our RPR pages organized and useful.
That's what today's new feature is meant to address.
Group Founders can now "archive" old groups!
- Archiving does not delete the group.
- Everyone who was a member at the time that the group is archived can remain a member, and go back to review the logs whenever they like.
- Archived groups can no longer be posted in - no forum posts, no announcement or event comments.
- Archived groups can not be joined, or applied to for joining.
- Archived groups are not shown in the community Groups search, or in Find RP search results.
- Archived groups will no longer show in member's main list of groups they are a part of. However, they can look at their list of archived groups to continue to access them.
- Archiving a group CAN be undone, if your group later decides to revive your RP!
Hopefully, this is a healthy compromise between a full deletion to "clean up" your RPR pages, and preserving all the hard work people put into their RPs.
If you are a group founder, you can archive a group like this:
- Go to Your Stuff » Groups and click the pencil next to the name of the group you want to archive. This will take you to the group's management overview page.
- Go to "Founder Options" (It's got the crown icon! )
- Click the "Archive Group" button.
- You're done!
- You can un-archive your group on the same page, if you made a mistake or change your mind.
If you are a member of a group that has been archived, you can access it like this:
- Go to Your Stuff » Groups
- Find the "View Archived Groups" in the sidebar (or at the bottom of the page, if you are using mobile)
- All your archived groups will appear on that page, assuming you have any.
And remember, as with all new features, there's always a chance that this introduced some new bugs. Please do report any issues you encounter through the bug report form.