Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walking the World Again (Closed)

Liothryth Terandes (played by Mirafin) Topic Starter

((Hi there! Of course you're welcome to join in. Right now we're riding through the woods on the front of a wagon and traveling to our next destination which we haven't decided what it is yet.))
Liothryth wrote:
((Hi there! Of course you're welcome to join in. Right now we're riding through the woods on the front of a wagon and traveling to our next destination which we haven't decided what it is yet.))
thnx m8
Linota (played by DoogieMeowser)

(( hey, guys! could i join as Linota here? i was thinking she could be with Cairo (perhaps he wasn't just talking to himself?), if that's okay with you Slim? seeing as he's a fellow stray, it might be fun for him to have a partner in crime xD

if not, i could have her join solo along the way? ))

((The more the merrier! We don't have a plan yet for what's going to happen next, so you can meet us along the road here or we can show up in a village or something and meet you there.))
Linota wrote:
(( hey, guys! could i join as Linota here? i was thinking she could be with Cairo (perhaps he wasn't just talking to himself?), if that's okay with you Slim? seeing as he's a fellow stray, it might be fun for him to have a partner in crime xD

if not, i could have her join solo along the way? ))
yeah lets be partners in crime :)
Assallya Kressair (played by Slain)

((( I had to give this one some thought.

My thinking not is that we retcon so that the wagon was on its way but hasn't left the city yet.

Liothryth and Assallya can be pulled into a scenario where our urchins are being tormented by someone like Fagin from Oliver Twist and all the other Urchins forced to do his will are too terrified to help Linota and Cairo in rebelling. )))

((I'm fine with retconing and this scenario sounds pretty good to me.))

(( thanks, Slim! :D

i like that idea, Slain! does that mean Assallya and Liothryth are on foot in the town at the moment? ))

((Seems like the logical place to go back to is when Lio and Assallya are leaving either the tavern or the temple.))
Assallya Kressair (played by Slain)

((( Assallya and Liothryth are atop a vardo wagon. You might just want to google few pictures to get an idea.

The wagon is maroon red with a yellow floral motif. The door is at the back and is warded against entry. It sports an elevated bench that hangs out over the hutch and draft horse that pulls it. The bench is accessed by two brass poles on either side and several footholds. Atop the vardo's roof are number of chests, a couple of cages containing chickens and rabbits, rucksacks of potatoes and the like.

I suppose we could concoct any number of reasons to stop the wagon and get down or Linota could pull the wounded dove routine to get the cart to stop? Perhaps Cairo could pretend to be robbing or otherwise be pulling Linota into an alley for *coughs gently * uh... nefarious purposes?

Hopefully later I can find time to come up with a suitable Fagin substitute. )))

((I don't know how we'd get there, but Linota and Cairo could end up as stowaways in the wagon.))
I like the rebel idea but down for either way tbh
Btw those vargo wagons look ****in cool

“Or,” Linota told Cairo with a raised hand. “We get in their good graces and take both of their valuables when the opportunity presents itself.”
Her voice held the dull droll of eternal boredom, yet her eyes, which were following the vardo wagon, were studious flames. By the looks of their little house on wheels, they had coins to spare.

“We have to think bigger,” she whispered harshly to Cairo when they were moving through the crowd. “You know what he told us.”
She gave him a pointed stare, letting the boy remember what their tyrannical guardian had threatened them with, before she looked back to the wagon again. Her messy, brown braid was coming loose and the wavy tendrils that framed her face made her look disheveled and sleepless. Dark, stern brows and constantly pursed lips achieved the look of a disgruntled, angsty teen. Not that her attitude needed any help.

“We can cut them off on the trail right outside of town,” she suddenly spun to tell Cairo, the idea having just dawned on her. “You lure them out of the wagon and I’ll take the goods.”
Her tone was confident and concrete, though she was prepared for an argument.
"That's a good idea" cairo says an evil smirk slowly spreading onto his sleepless face. "yeah i like that i'll lure them out sayin' my friend got attacked by an animal or somethin" trying to pick a way to catch their attention. "but we gotta do it fast, we cant give them time to make a decision if the plan goes south, so whats plan b?" He questions so they can have the best results.
"Ah who the h*ll needs a plan b anyway? This will be easy" he concludes shrugging off his last question

At his quick agreeance, Linota stared at Cairo and a small smile came and went.
“Alright, good- but tell them it’s a monster. Something good.. Something you might need two people for.” She moved her hands determinedly as she spoke. “I’ll get inside through the back and take as much as our bags can carry. And as soon as they see me, I’ll use this-”

She pulled a crude looking, black sphere out of a pocket in her oversized trousers and showed it to him. She had been working on creating orbs that burst when thrown hard enough, which would then emit a noxious gas that seared the eyes. It was meant to temporarily blind its victims, though Linota hadn’t yet tried this particular model. The noxious gas was made from the mace-like liquid that came from spraying beetles, coupled with chemical catalysts of her own creation. Cairo had seen her tinkering with them and would already know what they were from her earlier explanations.

“Plan B,” Linota repeated, chewing on the idea. Then she pulled a small dagger from her other pants pocket and held it up in answer, desperation paling her cheeks. “If it comes to it.”
"Genius Lin if all goes wrong stab 'em" he sarcastically says trying not to wheeze from seeing her face "as long as we're smart and quick which we both are this will follow through perfectly. So, when should we make our move? And how many of them orb thingies ya got anyway?" he says pointing at her orb

“It’s them or us,” she said to his sarcasm and tucked the dagger back into its sheath in her pocket.
When he complimented their competence, she smirked. “I have the new one here and two old,” she replied to his question about her orbs. “But the old ones are.. Inconclusive.”
She thought back to just earlier that day when she let the other, younger teens play with the orbs. ‘Playing’ really meant throwing them into each other's faces and seeing how much damage it might do. It was like a game of roulette where only a random few orbs actually exploded and released enough gas to inflict any pain. After a lot of screaming and a few buckets of water, Linota worked on a new orb, this one having some added oomph.

“They’re making their way outside of town, look-” She directed him with her eyes and a small flick of her head. “Let’s go.”
Linota ran stealthily through town, out of sight as street kids were so experienced. She made her way to the side exit they had made for themselves and fit through. Assuming Cairo was right behind her, they would run until they reached the treeline and stop to catch their breaths.

“Alright,” Linota panted. “Give me your bag.”
She waited for Cairo to hand it over, to which she would sling it over her free shoulder creating an ‘X’ shape with both satchel straps. It matched the ‘X’ her suspenders created at her back and it also made her feel like a pack mule with both bags draping heavily at her sides.
Linota looked Cairo over thoughtfully. “We need to make you look distressed.”
She pulled out her dagger again and advanced on Cairo to tear some of his clothes.
Cairos eye immediately widen quietly saying. "what the hell are ya doing i just got this the other day" before just going with the flow he frowns and whispers to linota. "you're buying me another shirt after this" as she puts dirt on his clothes to make it more convincing. "ok so you come from the left i lure them to the right, ya ready?" He says offering his hand for a fist bump.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walking the World Again (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus