Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » I'll draw you for free and make a video. (Open!)

Whenever I see again that this exists, I kinda want to offer someone up, but... can never decide who. @_@ Obnoxious "wooden" mage (who seems to be one of my most-liked characters despite infrequent use)? Chill sweet boy who's probably actually wondering what might be the most fun way to murder you? Very fashionable joke skeleton? Creepy rhyming ghost-like girl? Squirrelly girl who is absolutely going to hug you? One of my assorted psuedo-mom characters that I'm just realizing I have quite a few of for some reason and am unsure what to think of that (seriously, got desert elf not-mom who is also an actual mom, albino princess not-mom, coffee-by-day-ice-superhero-by-night not-mom, killer spybot who ended up becoming a not-mom and an actual adoptive mom, contortionist not-mom...)?

I don't knooooooow... Anything you want to practice or avoid or whatnot that might help me narrow it down? ^^; I imagine ones easier to be more light-hearted with would be preferred, at least.
freebiewitz Topic Starter

Zelphyr wrote:
Whenever I see again that this exists, I kinda want to offer someone up, but... can never decide who. @_@ Obnoxious "wooden" mage (who seems to be one of my most-liked characters despite infrequent use)? Chill sweet boy who's probably actually wondering what might be the most fun way to murder you? Very fashionable joke skeleton? Creepy rhyming ghost-like girl? Squirrelly girl who is absolutely going to hug you? One of my assorted psuedo-mom characters that I'm just realizing I have quite a few of for some reason and am unsure what to think of that (seriously, got desert elf not-mom who is also an actual mom, albino princess not-mom, coffee-by-day-ice-superhero-by-night not-mom, killer spybot who ended up becoming a not-mom and an actual adoptive mom, contortionist not-mom...)?

I don't knooooooow... Anything you want to practice or avoid or whatnot that might help me narrow it down? ^^; I imagine ones easier to be more light-hearted with would be preferred, at least.

Honestly I'm happy to do anything as long as it's safe for work. Challenge me if you want or go easy, throw in a character that doesn't have much art or one with something missing.

Example includes: a pirate without art of him with treasure, a wanted character that didn't have a picture of them running from authorities, a picture of a singing dancer without them singing or dancing.

I'm just in it to have drawing prompts and have a character to talk about. Take your time and when you're ready send me anyone you'd like. That said, while I have been getting better, I wouldn't say no to drawing female characters since I still feel rusty with them.

Avessia is a character who has many iterations of herself.
She lives, she dies and she lives again. (WITNESS HER!)
Which is fitting since I decided to redo (refine) her after her initial drawing.

Find out more about her here in her character sheet:
https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1453432

And the video here as well:
https://youtu.be/GIeBgmhG21g
In that case, if you're willing to do a character from a shared profile, you could see what comes out with Shanique (don't worry about the element/animal/mineral thing). If not, then it'd be nice to have something of Sarí being a badass. >.>

Zelphyr wrote:
In that case, if you're willing to do a character from a shared profile, you could see what comes out with Shanique (don't worry about the element/animal/mineral thing). If not, then it'd be nice to have something of Sarí being a badass. >.>

I'll surprise you. (or not if you can see the future)
Skadi Stromgaia (played by Dndmama)

Whoo! I shall roll the dice and take my chances! Can I interest you in...Skadi?
If you're looking for a unique challenge, Artemis might work! She's female (I noticed you wanted to practice on them), and she's mostly human, with only her ears and lower legs being different. :)
If she's not your cup of tea to attempt, absolutely no worries at all!
(Note: one of her images is a 'barbie doll ' nude version but it's marked mature so it should only show up as a black box unless you click on it.)

Skadi Stromgaia wrote:
Whoo! I shall roll the dice and take my chances! Can I interest you in...Skadi?

Happy to do it but since I've already drawn one of your characters, this will be at the bottom of the list.
Artemis Eloaine wrote:
If you're looking for a unique challenge, Artemis might work! She's female (I noticed you wanted to practice on them), and she's mostly human, with only her ears and lower legs being different. :)
If she's not your cup of tea to attempt, absolutely no worries at all!
(Note: one of her images is a 'barbie doll ' nude version but it's marked mature so it should only show up as a black box unless you click on it.)

I think I'm getting better at drawing females and as long as the nsfw stuff is marked clearly as such, it should be fine.

Denizens of Hell get a bad wrap.
That said, they're literally from Hell so it's probably warranted.
People like Satan, Beezlebub and of course Dewdrop are the sort of people you don't wanna run into.

https://www.rprepository.com/c/dewdrop

https://youtu.be/MTqaS0C3tuE

You know what sucks?
Having a brief look at a character sheet, seeing their art and assuming they're a super hero, getting hyped that you get to draw a super hero and then realize that it's not a super hero!

You'd think I'd be tired of super hero stuff with how much we get in movies these days but apparently I'm not tired of it at all.

https://youtu.be/tYnEMT7IF7A
If this is still open, I'd like to suggest my character, Azumi Hemmberg! She's female and is a kitsune(But you can draw her as a human. I actually have a drawing of her in her profile if you need a reference). As a human she usually has White hair with straight bangs and green eyes and sometimes wears a kimono(You can draw her in normal clothes, of course!).

She's a familiar who was passed down from generation to generation until she was bonded/formed a pact with Ren, another one of my characters. When Ren went to college with his stepcousin, Finn, they formed a band together, along with two other friends and acts as the band's bassist. She's generally an upbeat person, unlike Ren, who is serious and reserved.
Azumi Hemmberg (played by Revereen)

Revereen wrote:
If this is still open, I'd like to suggest my character, Azumi Hemmberg! She's female and is a kitsune(But you can draw her as a human. I actually have a drawing of her in her profile if you need a reference). As a human she usually has White hair with straight bangs and green eyes and sometimes wears a kimono(You can draw her in normal clothes, of course!).

She's a familiar who was passed down from generation to generation until she was bonded/formed a pact with Ren, another one of my characters. When Ren went to college with his stepcousin, Finn, they formed a band together, along with two other friends and acts as the band's bassist. She's generally an upbeat person, unlike Ren, who is serious and reserved.
That was an accident, sorry XD. Was trying to edit the post!

Revereen wrote:
That was an accident, sorry XD. Was trying to edit the post!

No worries mate, I'll add them to the list.
Ivy and Kass (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

I'd like to present this duo for your consideration! If you made a video of 'em it'd be awesome, but if not, no worries! :D

Ivy and Kass wrote:
I'd like to present this duo for your consideration! If you made a video of 'em it'd be awesome, but if not, no worries! :D

And they've been added to the list!

We all know the saying, that everyone is the main character of their own story.
But some characters are made to be side characters, to be NPCs.
In this week's video we explore one of these characters and learn just a bit more about them.

https://youtu.be/UsT73TE8kSg
freebiewitz wrote:
We all know the saying, that everyone is the main character of their own story.
But some characters are made to be side characters, to be NPCs.
In this week's video we explore one of these characters and learn just a bit more about them.

https://youtu.be/UsT73TE8kSg

Gotta admit your confusion had me laughing, as did the "badonkadonk" thing. XD

I guess to actually explain a little, those odd tidbits are basically sorta-vestigial bits of info from way back when the character was created in my early RP years (and there actually is one other character with those same tidbits!). It was for a game that was supposed to be loosely inspired by Legend of Dragoon and similar things where characters discover some object they have an affinity for (the stone) that gives them an alternate state with armor and magic and stuff oriented toward harnessing some particular element. Instead of just going with a total rip-off of LoD, the dragon-themed armor was swapped out for animals that otherwise seemed like a good fit for the element and the character. Shanique originally had eel, I think, but at some point I figured "nah, lemme make this thing that's not useful in anything be an octopus instead, the wriggly little boneless escape artists." The game never actually got going, though, and Shanique is one of a number of characters I've just been carrying around for... jeez, around 2 decades now. I labelled her a minor character mostly because thoughtful, reasonable characters with good sense and no particular urge to seek out heroics to perform can be really hard to make any plot happen with, so she works best to help balance out those other sorts when they're being idiots or something. XD More a support than a main character.

And occasionally, some kind of aspect from those bits of extra info actually do manage to work into an RP somehow. For example, at one point I was in a superhero type game and Shanique got called in as some mystery acquaintance to be some extra help. There, she did, in fact, have some water-control powers (that went almost entirely unused), and she grabbed a mask from a party store and quickly came up with the name "Squid" mostly because it amused her. She pretty much just babysat a rescued kid while the action continued elsewhere, explaining that she had more experience dealing with kids than being a superhero anyway. XD

Got around to drawing Artemis, the doe that is no longer a doe.

https://youtu.be/mpyjUbRyreY
When I tell you I wasn't expecting to find something like this in the forums-

Anyway, I'd like to put my bnha oc, Aénohe Shigaraki up for possibly getting to be drawn by you. I got tons of background and other info about him up on his page, with a hopefully helpful description of him for you to use if you decide to draw him.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » I'll draw you for free and make a video. (Open!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus