Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » We Didn't Look For Trouble, Trouble Found Us

Eona Morrit (played by Mirafin) Topic Starter

"I'm glad that I only have to deal with these cuffs," Eona said, holding up her hands to show off the rune inscribed metal she wore around each wrist.

Curiosity was starting to edge out her fear. She was from a forest village where no one had locks on their doors and stealing was rare because, when half of the people you live with are magic users who can tell when someone is lying, it would be pretty hard to hide anything you had taken. "What do you keep stitched into your clothing? Does it make it heavy to have things in your seams?"
Reign of Lore (played by Slain)

"If it be heavy," Reign explained, "It be noticeable. It needs to stay light. Mostly they be concerned with thieves picks which can be spread out through the clothing making it hard to find them all."

Reign drew her a line along her form, drawing a line across the burlap sack like she was displaying a luxurious gown to a princess.

"Hence the generous donation from the King's wardrobe. Beautiful, no?"

"There be a few other things in there," she added, but cocked her head in the direction of the guards, "but let's not be telling all our secrets to the competition."

-like... For example, the rolled up Passwall scroll in her boot.
Jack (played by DoogieMeowser)

Jack listened to Reign talk of lightning bolts and looming death. To him, it sounded like she was describing what it felt like to be caught in a storm out at sea. That was a pretty good summary of what it was like. Just hoping you or your ship didn’t get struck down or catch on fire. Though Jack didn’t actually think the woman was talking about sailing.

He again found himself thankful he didn’t have much in the way of restraints when Eona spoke of hers. It really paid to be mediocre sometimes. Finding out Reign had sewn things into the seams of her clothes impressed Jack, but he wouldn’t verbalize it.

“It really leaves a lot to the imagination,” Jack answered Reign, about her sack dress. Then he looked at Eona, glad to see she had relaxed again. He was grateful for the calming spell and admittedly wanted more of it, like he craved a drink, but he wouldn’t verbalize that either.

“What do you know about what's happening here?” Jack asked Reign.
She had missed the shocking example the chancellor had set for them and the explanation about the runes. Did she even know that she could be dustified at any second? Jack wasn’t sure he wanted to bring that up again, but he had to make sure Reign knew so she wouldn’t do something stupid. He also wanted to know if they had given her any more information than they had given the rest of them. Maybe she knew when they were leaving. Jack could only hope that it was soon. He was getting restless just waiting around, now that he knew what was to come.

"I know next nothing," Reign admitted reluctantly. She clearly wasn't happy about being in the dark. Coming from a town where knowledge was everything, admitting to not knowing was like admitting to being a pauper.

With a heavy sigh she slid down the bars, wishing they'd at least given her a wooden eye to replace her fanciful ones.

"They want something I assume?"
Eona Morrit (played by Mirafin) Topic Starter

"They told us we have to go to the border with Udrium to somewhere called Blaeton and that we would find out more when we get there," said Eona. "And that we would be traveling without any guards but that we would be punished if we made any trouble or tried to get away."

Punished. That seemed like such a week word for what the chancellor had done. "There - there had been another woman here. When she asked the chancellor about it he, well I don't know what he did, but somehow she just turned into dust and disappeared." Eona swallowed hard and tried not to think about it too much. "That's all we know. He didn't say anything about why we're going or why we were picked, just that it's going to benefit the King and country."
Murcary Levi (played by TemtoeZ)

The Oak door opening once again as Murcary enters once again with almost healed bruises and cuts on his face. "Hell of a talk that was, I wasn't even able to get my piece in" he says looking around the cell. "Oh it's another one, Let me welcome you into our humble cell". "Where the guards are watching, and were growing and decreasing" he says with a little hand flaunt. Sitting down in his spot as the conversation continues.

"We can always have another conversation," one of the guards said grumpily. He was working a double shift because of these criminal scum after all.

"We do like the way you squeal like a stuck pig little girl," he added with a certain amount of amused relish.

"Uh..." Reign says, peering towards the others, "So he straight up murdered someone just to make a point? That does not bode well.

"Say, stitch-neck blondie," she added, "Mind not pissing off all the guards?"
Mirafin Topic Starter

((Hey everyone, I'm going to be taking a day or so off from roleplaying. I'll post again soon.))

"Right" he sneered at the guard, shooting the other a look. "Also you, one eyed thief, mind yourself clearly this isn't a one affects all situation as the guards and Mr.Bigman have so generously demonstrated". Once again throwing a look towards the barred door window. "Which by the way have we figured anything out other than the chancellor wants us to do some more than likely illegal deeds in another country?".

"Right" he sneered at the guard, shooting the other a look. "Also you, one eyed thief, mind yourself clearly this isn't a one affects all situation as the guards and Mr.Bigman have so generously demonstrated". Once again throwing a look towards the barred door window. "Which by the way have we figured anything out other than the chancellor wants us to do some more than likely illegal deeds in another country?".
(( Don't mind the double message I don't know why it did that))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » We Didn't Look For Trouble, Trouble Found Us

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus