Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Character Development Group? (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hello RPR!

I don't know if this is already a group yet or not, but...

I've got a few characters on RPR, and many others on other websites and in my stories, etc. I'm fairly young and am still developing writing and character skills, and when I run into older folks I find that characters they have had for years are well-thought out and have a core personality that never falters. I'm ashamed to say that my characters' personalities tend to fluctuate as I deem fit, but I realize this takes away any feeling of realism and makes their reaction to things unpredictable (which isn't entirely bad, but not when I'm trying to RP them properly!).

So I suppose my questions is if anyone would be interested in creating a group made solely for character development? It would have RP, questions, and perhaps even critiques of characters, if all goes well. I want it to be a place for everyone from newbies to veterans, and hopefully with collaboration and advice, anyone else having a similar problem as mine (or who are willing to offer their services!) could join and improve the quality of our characters.

So whaddya say? Ready for backstories, motivations, and dream-making? Slap a reply down there and let's get started! C:
Zanzibar (played by ShadowFall)

I'd be happy to join a rp with this much potential, my assassin needs an rp to join anyways so he can be put to good use XD
Sanne Moderator

This is definitely something I'm interested in! Character development, proper development, is what I love and adore the most in my roleplays. Watching your character grow realistically in a world of fiction and fantasy is an amazing feeling and opens trillions of doors to new storylines and adventures.

Count me in if you make a group like that. :D
Oh, this sounds very interesting! Count me in too!
That's a pretty good idea! I love character development almost as much as I love character creation! I'm actually creating a looooooooooooong character creatinator on my time not spent on hw right now.
Sounds interesting! Ièd like to take part.
Sage-Thorne Topic Starter

Awesome! I'll definitely get to making it!
I'll just be creating the basics for now, since we'll add on things as we see fit!
//scoots along//
Zanzibar (played by ShadowFall)

Awesome!

Ach, school awaits for me tomorrow, so I'll have to finish starting everything up tomorrow. My apologies for any burning sorrow this may cause! //leaves everyone a plate of apology cookies before zipping off for bed//
I'd love to take part in this! I've got a few characters who need hashing out as it is. :)
I have been looking for a way to get back into the RPR community and this seems like just what I need :3
Would you be so kind as to let me join in as well?
I would love to be a part of this group! It sounds exciting.

Here it is!

As I said, very simple so far, but I just wanted to get it up so we could start conversations going and make some magic! I promise it'll be much more elaborate very soon C;
This should have more people. It's fun already, but the more the merrier. :D
There are two Roleplay threads open that are open to everyone as well...so come join us! We've got a coffee house AND a playground! And you all can make more RP threads too.
Sanne Moderator

Oof, I thought I'd subscribed to this topic so I wouldn't miss the link to the group but I forgot to. Applied! :)
PenGryphon2007 wrote:
There are two Roleplay threads open that are open to everyone as well...so come join us! We've got a coffee house AND a playground! And you all can make more RP threads too.
Three, actually. Just one is combat-oriented and presently empty. ^^;
Really? :D Oh cool, I must have missed that one.
Well, you have been dealing with a hyperactive squirrel kid, a girl that's looking at you like lunch, and an assortment of other folks. ^^;
Ben Moderator

This sounds like an interesting group. And I'm very very pleased that you decide to take on something like this :)

As a note, if you're looking for a general resource about advanced character development, I've got an article here that you can read. It's about how to create a dynamic character without a focus on backstory.

Otherwise, I'll see you in the group :D

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Character Development Group? (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus