Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » show me ur sapphic characters

Luscinioide

explanation: see title (if you're scratching your head in confusion at what 'sapphic' means, it's a more inclusive alternative to lesbian that adds all femme identities, including enbies who want to identify with it, too)

sapphic characters are underrepresented in the rp community and i wanna see more of them. show me one. show me all of them. gib gib gib. bonus points if you gush to me about your character's girlfriend, i love that kind of stuff. i will go absolutely feral with you and we can all shout "OOGA BOOGA CUTE GIRLFRIENDS"

ok i'll go first so people feel less embarrassed

these are my main partners in crime, majima and kinoshita
i don't know what it is about these two that makes me go so feral. it's probably got something to do with the "literal goddess with infinite patience gets paired up with mentally deranged sewer rat" trope. i love them so much i wrote a book solely to give them more screen time

they literally bicker like old people couples at a retirement home but that's why i love them. it's kind of like if the most popular cheerleader in high school hooked up with the weird theatre kid that hisses and barks at people who walk by. hardcore extrovert who lives for the party versus crotchety hermit who just wants to play tron all day and eat samyang

look at them aren't they precious
56005013_YiEZScNuEDnJIp0.png

and then we have 'supervillain mastermind' and 'oblivious cinnamon roll
these two are really funny to me because i like to think miyake is completely oblivious to the fact her girlfriend is a literal supervillain. you know that meme that goes "someone will die. of fun!" yeah it's them.

i just enjoy the dynamic of "god complex defeated by one girl with a : D golden retriever personality that inspires supervillain to stop being a supervillain" okay

babies (art was done by the artist anruki)
26673354_3oGSx2BNv.jpg
I don't have any, but I wanted to thank you for teaching me about the word Sapphic. I was actually thinking when I first read the title that maybe it was referring to seraphim. XD If I may ask a quick question, do you know if umm gay women prefer the term lesbian or sapphic? No worries if you don't know, just figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
Luscinioide Topic Starter

Katia wrote:
I don't have any, but I wanted to thank you for teaching me about the word Sapphic. I was actually thinking when I first read the title that maybe it was referring to seraphim. XD If I may ask a quick question, do you know if umm gay women prefer the term lesbian or sapphic? No worries if you don't know, just figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

depends! lesbian is most commonly used by women exclusively attracted to other women. it doesn't typically get used to refer to bi/pan/etc women.

that's where sapphic comes into play. it covers a much broader spectrum and refers to anyone who identifies as femme/nb that has attraction to other femme/nb individuals, regardless of orientation. (so it includes the demographic that lesbian might exclude: bi/pan/etc). women loving women of any kind, essentially.

i tend to use sapphic for myself because i find it's a little more inclusive to my nb homies. that, and my gender identity can be best described as "confused". most people - at least in my experience - won't care if you use 'sapphic' and 'lesbian' synonymously, though. the majority of us will know what you mean.
First of all, your art is awesome, and your cute girlfriends ARE CUTE

I'm so excited to introduce you to my Iri.

This woman is hopeless.. she was raised a Samurai, blindly obedient soldier who was just lucky her brother is a fantasy HERO that she could follow into battle.

And then Mai Chun showed up. She had long straight hair, like a waterfall down to her waist, silver-white like starlight. She is so smart. Rose through the ranks at lightning speed, she was Iri's advisor, and took her place as general when Iri left the army. But lesbionest - she was the boss from day one. She had no patience for Iri's self-deprecating bullshit, but all the patience in the world to teach her things she never imagined. Iri read maps, strategy and logistics, but Mai Chun taught her poetry and calligraphy. She showed Iri a glimpse of what her life could've been like after the war, if she hadn't royally f'd it up.

So I play her in a Pathfinder campaign offline, set 40 years after the war. And last week one of the other PC's asked Iri for dating advice, and about Mai Chun, and she just...

"She just.. looked at me one day with disappointment about something I did, and I said without thinking..."I would rip Golarion in half for you". She laughed at me, and said she wanted many things from me, but nothing so violent. I'm sorry Nicodemus, I'm not much help. We never did anything you'd consider a date."

What a loser (affectionate)
Luscinioide Topic Starter

silentruth wrote:
This woman is hopeless.. she was raised a Samurai, blindly obedient soldier who was just lucky her brother is a fantasy HERO that she could follow into battle.
WOMEN WITH SWORDS WOMEN WITH SWORDS WOMEN WITH SWO- (i read 6'5" and started simping even harder)
XI5X7o3.jpg
silentruth wrote:
but Mai Chun taught her poetry and calligraphy
i'm actually weak for "soft gf does soft things like read poetry to hardcore girlfriend with zero appreciation for the arts." i literally just finished a drawing with that exact premise last night loool
silentruth wrote:
"She just.. looked at me one day with disappointment about something I did, and I said without thinking..."I would rip Golarion in half for you". She laughed at me, and said she wanted many things from me, but nothing so violent. I'm sorry Nicodemus, I'm not much help. We never did anything you'd consider a date."
such a shame. real girl bosses take their gf out on a first date of ripping their arch nemeses in half with their bare hands 😔
Saturninum wrote:
such a shame. real girl bosses take their gf out on a first date of ripping their arch nemeses in half with their bare hands 😔
If it makes you feel any better, Iri's about to get into a new relationship, who would absolutely take her out to murder their nemeses on their first date. And when Mai Chun shows up, in the campaign they're gonna have fuuuuun. Well I am anyway.
Harmony Jay (played anonymously)

Not sure how well this counts, but...

Even though this girl is aromantic pansexual and has internalized homophobia to work through, I keep wanting to get her a girlfriend. And then she'd have to figure out how to either maintain a monogamous relationship when everyone is hot, or additionally come to terms with polyamory also being okay.

So far, there's been one RP were she hooked up with someone. It was mostly based on the other character (who I'll mention was a guy) being someone she knew really well and trusted on top of being hot, but she got super excited when she found out that he was both able to and completely cool with basically shapeshifting to have different appearances on occasion, as well as the female variation of the guy's own appearance still being hot. They weren't necessarily an ideal couple (mostly because they could both be real dumb sometimes, and Harmony tends to be a difficult little brat who needs a lot of patience to handle), but they made things work out pretty well, overall.
The L'avarians (played anonymously)

They don't really have their own page or character sheet, but I have a cleric named Telrelihya Vladisnova, who is an absolute slavic drug fiend and absolutely a homosexual. Unfortunately for her she was involved in a particularly nasty sieges where she was one of the only survivors.

She was rewarded for her efforts by being removed from active military service, but now she just kind of roams the frozen streets of the fortress cities getting drunk and constantly trying to deal with her PTSD and trauma after watching her entire guard/cleric company got slaughtered. Unfortunately the orthodoxy does not care enough to actually give them therapy. It's easier to just hand out alcohol.
Addi (played anonymously)

All of my characters are a little gay (well, excluding non-humanoids and the ones who I've just never defined their sexuality) but, hey, here's Addi. She's part of a collaborative worldbuilding project I share with GingerHades who also happens to play Addi's girlfriend, Mixie. Maybe she'll post here and talk about her, too. Or maybe not.
Essentially, these two used to be humans, but one day they were dumb and ate the spooky demon fruit, and it turned them into Fiends, which are.. basically demons. So these two met a little while after their transformation. They were going to (attempt to) kill each other before realizing that they were both in the same boat (Fiends are quite uncommon in this world, so it was a shock to both of them when they met.) This quickly lead to friendship, and then eventually romance.
They're girlfriends. They're Fiends. They're the Girlfiends.
Together they live in a random abandoned house that they found and cleaned up. They enjoy committing acts of violence together. The epitome of 'be gay, do crime'. They also adopted a child. :)
More on Addi specifically... She swears all the time, and her two favourite things are bullying people and eating fried chicken. She's tall and her gf is tiny, so Addi carries Mixie around a lot.
They're an adorable couple, in a weird, horrifying sort of way.
PS: I may come back to talk about more of my gays later but I'm real tired rn
Violaine (played by fig)

here she is. big miss steak

vi is pretty aro/ace or grey-aro grey-ace in my brain, but if she ever were to be attracted to anyone, it'd be a woman and she would get. so flustered... and bothered by her sudden Human Emotions and worried. which is very unusual for her, she sort of has this blind arrogance that isn't really shakeable. but a strong, pretty lady would most definitely shake her up
*emerges from the void holding my anklebiter*

Rain predicted the future, I'm here now to talk about my own gay murder demon :D

So Mixie's situation was already somewhat-explained by Rain; she used to be human, until she ate the fruit of the Underworld. Then she went cuckoo and it was all downhill from there.
Her hobbies include playing the guitar, painting, going on hikes, biting people's heads off, and eating just about anything that falls under the 'food' category. (Which includes humans.)

She might be a terrible person, but hey, she's a good girlfriend! Mixie and Addi might have some, er, questionable morals, but they both treat each other incredibly well and are always there for each other. They're also good to their kid, Miko. Now they live out in the middle of nowhere as one little happy family who all love each other :D

So yeah, Mixie and Addi take "BE GAY DO CRIME" to a whole new level and I really enjoy seeing them both in RP :D
All my characters are firmly in the wlw category, but a fun pairing I've played with my wife is Mone and Sunne. The moon and sun are ladies and they're in love 🥰
I actually exclusively play wlw characters, so I have several. But my current actively RP’d ones are Eva and Sloane. Please see the collapsed tag for more information!

“Eva”

Eva is my Wild West prostitute currently played in the setting of 1864 Lowry, Montana. She’s a spitfire with a big heart originally from Mexico. Unfortunately, given her circumstances, she is also extremely troubled. For obvious reasons, she cannot openly be with another woman and does everything she can to ignore those feelings.

7QtJm3Z_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png

“Sloane”

Sloane is a 20-something recovering addict currently living in 1984 Los Sueños, California. She works as a clerk at a video rental store and is pretty out-and-proud about her sexuality.

Csdd7JM_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
Mina Moderator

I have...a lot. I honestly develop out a lot more in active roleplay than I do on the profile pages, I just tend to get so distractedddd~
But here are some of my more complete girls, they've helped me in lots of ways, I think. Oh! Profiles all bare proper warning tags, but if you're a person reading this who is uncomfortable with that sort of content, I have added the descriptions to save you the wince.
The ladies

Josephine accident-prone sorceress geek with eldritch flavorings set in a modern timeline. Shy, but full of such empathy and great at problem-solving, quick thinking and..I...she's..tall?

Natasha Josephine's much cooler, older cousin who also inherited the sorcerous bloodline but had her gifts manifest through mediumship. She owns a lingerie company and potentially is turning out to be a bit of a monster. Difficult not to when the ghost of your forever girlfriend is looking at you like that, I guess.

Lorenza Bitter bird babe, an art-obsessed sassy pants who will constantly whine about how much she misses the 80s, my effigy to dark feminine. I could not be more in love with her. The mean femme of mean femmes. Hhh..her profile needs a refresh but I just can't.

Rosemarie Southern sasquatch rodeo champ doing her best to become a doctor. It's difficult for Rosemarie to parse out her identity, especially having one mom who is a werewolf, and growing up in that territory. She's constantly doing her best to prove that she's not so delicate as those who protect her would think. It's fine, probably?

Mickey One of Rosemarie's two moms, my most un-mina character, tbh. Mickey was a design I bought in 2017 which was previously applied to a Corvidae. I ended up thinking "angsty, grumpy closetwolf" the first time I saw her and that's what stuck. Couldn't stop thinking about her, so I just had to buy it. Over the years her aesthetic underwent a lot of changes, so I have since sold off the design that spawned her. She is very rough around the edges, but at her core is "good", so far as someone with a temper like hers can be, anyway. Another profile that really needs to be updated.

Dr. Adhira Chandra- Ancient dork with no bark to back up her bite. She's quiet, and nonconfrontational despite her pointy teeth. A scientific wanderer for as long as she can remember time being tracked. These days she's mostly into supernatural hematology, though her truest passion will inevitably be the study of infectious disease, especially after having lost her mortal son to the black plague many years ago. Overall, Adhira just wants to do her research and drink her tea. She made the mistake of mingling with a beefy dragon a few centuries ago though, and so her tea is occasionally interrupted by someone less calm than herself. Setting fires. As a sign of affection. That's uh..somehow something that she's annoyed by but happy to see in the same breath. I really dig angsty romance.

Currently I'm working on Laz, who I've based loosely on my own heritage. I jazzed her up a bit of course and have her designated as an Appalachian sin-eater. someplace in the early 1900's. Sorry, nothing fun on her yet! ....Yet.
Thank you for coming to my TedTalk. Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go oogle everyone's chars thx. <3

Edited in some girlfriend gush

- Cass was not who I expected Mickey to end up with. To be fair, Mickey was raised by some pretty monochromatic societal standards and had a lot, lot lot of hurt to work through in regard to who she is. Cass was patient, and she called Mickey on all of the mess that she needed to be called on. Obviously Cass is beautiful, which was the initial draw. But beautiful AND opinionated while stubborn? Yeaah, it was only a matter of time before my meanest miss was a soft simp, who lets her partner adopt all of the baby cows she wants...regardless of how much she dislikes having so many cows. They have two kids, a son (Max) and a daughter (Rosemarie) who thankfully ended up not only pretty cute, but smart like Cass. Mickey couldn't have asked for a better partner.
gl-87344-1618422495.jpeg
Cass (left) & Mickey (right)-Art by HetteMaudit.

- Lorenza did not want or believe in love. Nor did she care enough to have other people in her life for long enough for such bonds to form. But Li Ling is..I mean just look at her? And she speaks Italian? AND she wears a suit? Pft. When a woman of such impressive musculature carries you around and loves you that intensely, there's no not falling. There is also little chance of a graceful fall. It has not been graceful, but sooooon Li Ling is going to propose. It's gonna be awful and I am excited for this beyond belief. Two emotionally constipated orphans find love, story at 11.
TW scars on a character's arms.

gl-1417664-1589043344.png
Li Ling (Left) & Lorenza (Right) Art by Mad Rat Bird

- Oh my god they are the actual cutest what even...how? This ship is so wholesome I could puke, sincerely. Look at these "good friends" who spent nearly a year uselessly wondering ahaha what if she's just being nice? I don't think I have to explain that suspense to anyone in this thread though. Purely sugar sweet and genuinely adorable. Brie is full of such wide-eyed optimism and curiosity that she is the perfect match for a clumsy sorceress, forgiving of mistakes and always able to soothe sore spots in the ego that they can create. Brie has this boundless imagination, the two of them nerd out for hours and my heart implodes. Also, they're both wirey garbage animals and I love them forever.
gl-1443305-1613080006.png
Josephine (left) & Brie (right) - Art by HetteMaudit
Anaïs (played anonymously)

hi u called?
Dominique Woods (played by rockblock1000)

Present and accounted for.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » show me ur sapphic characters

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus