Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: First time dog owner

I'm ashamed to say it but I never owned a pet (Besides goldfish) until gaining my furry son earlier this year.

I own a long hair 8 month old dachshund named Prince and honestly, I enjoy him but being a noob at being a dog owner, there have been much I have had learned in the past few months.

Trying to learn how to balance my work and family life with having the little guy around but there's plenty more I need to learn especially when it comes to training him. It's a bit of a challenge but I'm rolling with the punches and still learning as I go. I just want to be the best daddy I can be to him.
GU7TMUNCH3RZ

What's your favorite part of having the dog?
PinkBrat

Would you have more than one dog? Or possibly another pet since now you know what it's like?
Awww I hope little Prince is doing well 💖

Is he still making a mess in his pen? Do you think this experience with Prince will cause you to get other dogs in the future?

Edit; Dammit Pink stop being in my head! Ignore my last question Tai 😅🤣
KingTai Topic Starter

@Xeno

My favorite part of having a dog is the part where my pup loves giving me attention. He gets excited and wants to play even though I'm exhausted. Lol

@PinkBrat

Right now, no at both questions. I think later on down the line, I'd get another dog or possibly a piglet. Maybe even a fish. I'll make up my mind when I cross that bridge <g>

@ AquaCharm

Lol Prince is doing great actually. He's living better than me lol.

Not as bad as he used to. He actually has gotten better about hiding it but he do have those times he will probably pee on the floor somewhere (thank goodness it's only on the ceramic tile) but it's if I forgot to take him out again. I want to get him to the point he can wait by the door or something.

You and Pink think alike lol but I'll still answer it. Maybe later in the future and probably another dog or other species of animal. :D
PinkBrat

I got another one!! 😂😂

Why that breed? Why not a chihuahua or.. I dunno... a great Dane? 😂
KingTai Topic Starter

PinkBrat wrote:
I got another one!! 😂😂

Why that breed? Why not a chihuahua or.. I dunno... a great Dane? 😂

Good question! lol

Mostly because of family. I have some family that have dachshunds. Some that have larger dogs. And I figured, lets try a smaller dog to see how well I can handle that before I get a pit bull that I'll have to wrestle with just to give them a bath and etc... lol. But with the exposure I got with dachshunds, I figured I'd try my hand at it. Believe it or not, when I was younger, I was scared of dogs, mostly big ones and got bit and jumped on by one as a child. So it has a lot to do with that as well. Even though small dogs can still be hella vicious too lol.
Kim Site Admin

What inspired you to try living that dog life? :D
KingTai Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
What inspired you to try living that dog life? :D

Being that I have 2 kids already, I didn't want anymore human kids so I went and got a dog. Still considered a third child but I enjoy him lol. At least the puppy listens lol.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: First time dog owner

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus