Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Last Online

GigaBit

A way to see when a player was last online, it should be able to be turned off, but yeah.
GigaBit Topic Starter

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but yeah.
I like the idea, especially when you want to PM someone you aren't sure are still active.
This would be great to have.
This isn't something I'd want, but as long as it could be toggled off, it wouldn't bother me.
Luscinioide

kinda curious, what's the appeal of this as a potential feature? to me, it seems like it could encourage stalkerish behavior and an increase in ghosting threads/accusations, but again that's just me

definitely think that if it were to be added, users should be opted out of it unless they choose to opt in. preserve the privacy of people who haven't logged in for a while and don't know they need to log on to opt out
I agree with having the ability to turn it off, however.
Like how you can turn the "Active Now" off and on. :)

I feel like it would be helpful if you're worried about a friend (if they choose to have the option) as I had that happen recently to me and it scared me because I get worried about friends really easily...

But yes, ON/OFF toggle would be a good idea.
fig

i think for me this is more of an indicator of someone who is impatient wanting to know what their rp partner is doing and whether or not they've seen that they have a new post to respond to. kind of like a way to monitor someone who you are waiting on

for me i would hate that, and if it was an option i would immediately toggle it off. puts unnecessary pressure on someone to reply, i think
I'm more in the camp with the last few responses, in this case - this only really seems like a way for others to double down on people to the tune of "well you were online, why didn't you answer MY RP?" and other monitoring/stalking behaviors.

If this is implemented, I'd like a similar toggle to the effect of the "Active Now" status - and for it to be opt-in rather than opt-out. I do feel that it otherwise would be a (somewhat uncomfortable) huge step backward, especially in light of other recently-implemented privacy-enhancing settings.
Yeeeaaah, I've gotta agree with Fig, Saturn, and Rigby here.

I'm sure it can be handy for some people, don't get me wrong! But some people can be pretty impatient with replies, and this feature could potentially result in those patient folk calling out their RP partners because they were active a few hours ago and failed to provide a reply to their RP. Yeah, not good.

The ability to turn this feature on and off would be lovely! That way, those who do want it can have it, and those who don't want it, don't have to have it. :D
Personally, I'd be one of the latter-
fig wrote:
i think for me this is more of an indicator of someone who is impatient wanting to know what their rp partner is doing and whether or not they've seen that they have a new post to respond to. kind of like a way to monitor someone who you are waiting on

for me i would hate that, and if it was an option i would immediately toggle it off. puts unnecessary pressure on someone to reply, i think
pretty much my thoughts exactly. I agree with the last bunch of responses here.
I'm not super keen on it either because in the past I had experiences of stalking through this tool on other forums. But I agree - if implemented, then at least with an on/off switch it would be best ^_^
Hm...after hearing these other responses, it does seem like a bad feature for that reason.
Definitely could cause a lot of drama, accusations of ghosting, etc...
fig

Faedreamer wrote:
fig wrote:

pretty much my thoughts exactly. I agree with the last bunch of responses here.
my other comment is that this may make people not even want to log in? especially if there was no ability to toggle it off. having lots of brainbugs myself i think i would be kinda worried about hurting people's feelings and then avoid even logging in to check PMs unless i was fully ready to reply and sometimes i'm just... not ready to do that.
Saturninum wrote:
kinda curious, what's the appeal of this as a potential feature? to me, it seems like it could encourage stalkerish behavior and an increase in ghosting threads/accusations, but again that's just me

definitely think that if it were to be added, users should be opted out of it unless they choose to opt in. preserve the privacy of people who haven't logged in for a while and don't know they need to log on to opt out

I was going to say pretty much the same thing. It's not just you.
If it was an Opt-in it would be ok I suppose, like the 'Active Now' feature.
This is a thing. My safe assumption is...that most people have it disabled.

Comfort and Privacy Settings >

image.png

**Per the wording of OP, I understand it's not the -exact- same thing, but....more or less is?

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Last Online

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus