Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Wednesday Inspired RP (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hello dear reader!

It's almost Christmas (yay!), and Christmas means... That I suddenly want to make a Wednesday-themed RP. :P
Wednesday_S1_E4_00_07_01_16RC.jpg
I don't know about you, but this really puts me into a joyous and festive spirit! :D

I'm going to make this short and sweet: I'm looking for some inspired and creative outcasts to come with me and explore the universe that Tim Burton created in the Netflix Show 'Wednesday'. For those who didn't see the show, the RP would take place in a school called Nevermore Academy which takes in students who are labeled as 'outcasts' in human society. Nevermore welcomes in any kind of student/monster/creature they can get, as long as they don't destroy the whole school or kill anyone. The school is located right next to a small town named Jericho, where students sometimes go out to do volunteer work, celebrate stuff, or simply hang out (under the eyes of concerned normies).

What sort of RP will this one be?
Honestly, the RP can take any sort of turn you want. Though, it goes without saying that this RP will have some magical elements in it. I can also easily see some romance and adventure in it, but this will be decided with partners ideally.

The show mentions the existence of many supernatural creatures: Vampires, Werewolves, Sirens, Gorgons, Seers, Shapeshifters, etc., who are enrolled and now study at the Academy. I'm thinking that the RP could be centered around a group of teenagers who studies at Nevermore Academy. And, like in the show, there could be a mystery that they could try to solve. But again, this will be up for modifications.

Plus, it would be fun to make this a group RP. Since this is a school, I figure that there can be a lot of roles to fill up. Then again, up for modification depending on the number of people interested in this post.

Do I need to be an experienced writer to apply?
Nope! But, I am sort of seeking to have a partner who writes more than a few sentences. You don't have to be Shakespeare, but I will get tired of the RP if there's no fun in reading our RP. But no pressure, if this can reassure you, English is my second language. And I don't care for mistakes, because we're all human and I make them myself all the time (My English teacher always said that my sentences sounded 'wonky'...).

But I can tell you how I normally RP: I usually write one to four paragraphs with an average amount of details. I also write in the third person and often put dialogues. I like to dig into characters' emotions, so I tend to describe their inner thoughts and feelings more rather than describing their environment.

Is there any age restrictions?
Technically, no. BUT (because there's always a but), I am personally over 18 years old. This means that I will NOT write romance with anyone (writer) who is underage. This will make me extremely uncomfortable. I know this can sound strict, but I think we both understand why this is important to mention.

What will be the frequency/reply-time of this RP?
My inspiration is... not always there. Since I'm free a lot these days, I will probably be able to reply every 2-3 days. But it doesn't matter to me, I am the definition of patience so the reply time is not something you should worry about :)

Any other things I should know?
Yes: Please, do go read the rules I have written on my profile page (click on my name to see it :) ). These rules are extremely important to me and reflect my values as a writer and human. If you don't acknowledge them, we may run into interferences at some point. But I promise, these rules arent's extremely hard to follow - if you're a decent and understanding person, you won't have any trouble following them :)

That's it! Thanks for reading, and let your voice be known if you're interested in this little prompt idea :)

I wish you safe travels, dear adventurer, and I hope to see you soon! ~
Magic 60%
Magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played with a small group of players.

Jence Topic Starter

Bump :)
Hi, I'm interested in this RP!
Except, I've never watched or even seen Wednesday, is it a new show I haven't heard of until recently?

Either way...I wanted to know if that was okay?

Another thing, I'd like to use my O.C. Varian Rudiger; but using this AU version of him:
Photo
d681a120f294b7f696e2fe00d8de6.jpg

Is that alright too?
You said gorgons existed in that universe sooooo, ha ha. :0
Jence Topic Starter

VarianOfOldCorona wrote:
Hi, I'm interested in this RP!
Except, I've never watched or even seen Wednesday, is it a new show I haven't heard of until recently?

Either way...I wanted to know if that was okay?

Another thing, I'd like to use my O.C. Varian Rudiger; but using this AU version of him:
Photo
d681a120f294b7f696e2fe00d8de6.jpg

Is that alright too?
You said gorgons existed in that universe sooooo, ha ha. :0

Oh my god, hello! So, so, so happy to hear that you're interested in this prompt :D And there's no problem if you haven't seen the show, I think my little summary pointed out the main ideas/concepts of this universe. Either way, if you have any questions, I'll be delighted to answer all of them. But, just to share the news: Yep, Wednesday is a show that was recently put on Netflix. It's basically inspired by the Family Addams. It's a nice show - not the best I watched, but it has its charm and was good enough to make me watch all of it XD.

Your character looks perfect for this RP, so of course, it's fine! And I love the art; I don't know if you drew it yourself, but it's really nice! I can send you a PM and talk to you more in detail about this RP (if that's ok with you, of course).
That's fine, PMs are good!

And nooo, I didn't draw it myself (*sob* I wish-) but I have drawn Varian before.
Wilson (played by sarcasyms)

I’ve seen Wednesday! Is this still open? I’d like to join with my boy Wilson here as a telekinetic >:)
Jence Topic Starter

Wilson wrote:
I’ve seen Wednesday! Is this still open? I’d like to join with my boy Wilson here as a telekinetic >:)

Hey! Yes, this is still open! We are happy to welcome you 😊 Would you like me to add you to our group PM conversation?
Wilson (played by sarcasyms)

Jence wrote:
Wilson wrote:

Hey! Yes, this is still open! We are happy to welcome you 😊 Would you like me to add you to our group PM conversation?

sure!
I can alter my Marine Adrian to have physical abilities, but he is a total music nerd.......like if Eddie Vedder became Captain America. I even have a story about how he ended up in Nevermore......
Hi! I'd absolutely be interested in joining if it's still open? I'd most likely use my character Ralphy who has invisibility which I think counts as supernatural (if not I can make or use a different character)!
Hi! Is this still open? I have an Addams OC I could use. She's an adopted child of the Addams, Wednesday's younger sister.
Jence Topic Starter

Oh wow, so many replies! Y'all are making me so happy ahah. I'll add you all to our group conversation :) (Might take a few hours, since everyone has to vote and all). You guys can feel free to send me a PM in the meantime if you want to chat or ask questions :)
Jence Topic Starter

BUMP! I'm re-opening this forum because our group is seeking more roleplayers! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested :D
Jence Topic Starter

Bump! :3
Jence Topic Starter

Jence wrote:
Bump! :3
Bumping again :)

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Wednesday Inspired RP (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus