Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Find RP or Forums?

So I noticed that the Find RP has like a randomized list that sort of stops showing posts and then you have to refresh,
and the Forums allows you to pick which Sub Forum you want and it shows you the whole listing.
But, which is more used, or more popularly used I guess?

The Find RP actually shows a bit of what the post is talking about while the Sub Forums don't and just give you the name and the users name unless you click on it.
I just want to know which is more used by the community?
Luscinioide

i don't like the find rp tool at all so i just browse the LFRP forums manually. it's muuuch easier for me to skim over titles for keywords than it is to have to scroll through a whole bunch of full ads at once. ......that, and some people run like fifteen ads at once and i really don't want to have to dig through all fifteen of their ads via find rp

judging by how many people manually bump their threads, i'd hazard to guess that the find rp tool is the less popular option
SillySpider Topic Starter

Luscinioide wrote:
i don't like the find rp tool at all so i just browse the LFRP forums manually. it's muuuch easier for me to skim over titles for keywords than it is to have to scroll through a whole bunch of full ads at once. ......that, and some people run like fifteen ads at once and i really don't want to have to dig through all fifteen of their ads via find rp

judging by how many people manually bump their threads, i'd hazard to guess that the find rp tool is the less popular option

Thanks, that gives me a better idea of the site then.
Luscinioide

don't take my word for it tho, i (obviously) can't see any of the statistics behind the scenes so it's entirely possible that there's a quiet majority who uses it far more than can be publicly seen
I use find RP to look for someone online same time as my usual schedule, else I'll stick to the LFRP forum for longer term things or heavier stories. the uh, aggregate? of rp ads? also shows on another page, i think, one of the landing or main pages that comes up when i log in, so that's neat. sometimes the opening paragraphs shown on the ad aggregate are enough evidence to yay or nay a writing style or story lean, and can show more necessary info than the ad titles alone

i use both interchangeably, i guess, depending if i'm on the laptop or the phone version of the site ehaha

oven wrote:
I use find RP to look for someone online same time as my usual schedule, else I'll stick to the LFRP forum for longer term things or heavier stories. the uh, aggregate? of rp ads? also shows on another page, i think, one of the landing or main pages that comes up when i log in, so that's neat. sometimes the opening paragraphs shown on the ad aggregate are enough evidence to yay or nay a writing style or story lean, and can show more necessary info than the ad titles alone

i use both interchangeably, i guess, depending if i'm on the laptop or the phone version of the site ehaha

Thanks 👍
I also use the forms more often than the tool. if I am actively searching for rp it is faster to go to the forms to see the most recent posts than to browse through the ads you have seen before. if I have not looked for rp in a while then I am more likely to use the tools and lazily look threw posts.

Ah okay. 👍
When I joined, I used the Find RP tool, to see what was out there. Now I jump in the forums just to see the most updated stuff.
But actually most of my RPs come from me being on the user's profiles, and seeing that they had an open ad.
Learning the importance of compatibility rather than what's 'right and wrong' in the RP world, and pursuing RPs based on users I think I'd be compatible with, to build something together, rather than a specific premise.
silentruth wrote:
When I joined, I used the Find RP tool, to see what was out there. Now I jump into the forums just to see the most updated stuff.
But actually, most of my RPs come from me being on the user's profiles and seeing that they had an open ad.
Learning the importance of compatibility rather than what's 'right and wrong' in the RP world, and pursuing RPs based on users I think I'd be compatible with, to build something together, rather than a specific premise.

I agree with this 100% even when I go look Ad first, I really do Dive into the profiles. I read all their characters profiles, personal Kudos, and guestbooks just to get a better idea of the person and play style. That is not always possible since some people don't have all that info to look up.

Recently I have been playing a lot of the forum games and got a lot of RP requests threw that as people get to see little windows into my characters, or by visiting my profiles where they would not have in LRP.

I could go into describing how it was in the wildest of rp days.. but I will spare you all. :D

I do think LfRP tool is great if you are uncomfortable with the boards or just surfing the LfRP

However you find rp, just be safe and responsible and have a Fab time.

Masquerade wrote:
silentruth wrote:
When I joined, I used the Find RP tool, to see what was out there. Now I jump into the forums just to see the most updated stuff.
But actually, most of my RPs come from me being on the user's profiles and seeing that they had an open ad.

I agree with this 100% even when I go look Ad first, I really do Dive into the profiles. I read all their characters profiles, personal Kudos, and guestbooks just to get a better idea of the person and play style. That is not always possible since some people don't have all that info to look up.

Recently I have been playing a lot of the forum games and got a lot of RP requests threw that as people get to see little windows into my characters, or by visiting my profiles where they would not have in LRP.

I could go into describing how it was in the wildest of rp days.. but I will spare you all. :D

I do think LfRP tool is great if you are uncomfortable with the boards or just surfing the LfRP

However you find rp, just be safe and responsible and have a Fab time.

Thanks this is really helpful insite!!

I wanted to ask what are some things that I could add to my character profiles that could help an on looker gather more info, if yah have any tips?
I use a combination of both, with the Forums being a little more successful in terms of the thread reading to ongoing RP rate.
I like to add an introduction page like... intro

Though I think all my characters have a version of this I usually revisit some of my likes and dislikes, and what storylines may contain. etc I am still perfecting this idea but it does give a good start.

I also like to do story starters with a vague idea of what a starter may look like. A lot of people seem to like that idea and you can change or add as much as you like. it gives a nice jumping-off point to start a story conversation.

There is also a table-like widget that can put some idea or like and dislike by how open you something like Always, maybe, sometimes, never categories. Like if you always like fantasy. but never like horror. but maybe you might open to modern stories with a character.

Masquerade wrote:
I like to add an introduction page like... intro

Though I think all my characters have a version of this I usually revisit some of my likes and dislikes, and what storylines may contain. etc I am still perfecting this idea but it does give a good start.

I also like to do story starters with a vague idea of what a starter may look like. A lot of people seem to like that idea and you can change or add as much as you like. it gives a nice jumping-off point to start a story conversation.

There is also a table-like widget that can put some idea or like and dislike by how open you something like Always, maybe, sometimes, never categories. Like if you always like fantasy. but never like horror. but maybe you might open to modern stories with a character.

Thanks I'll try this and see if it helps better my characters for roleplay choices. 👍

You are on: Forums » Help » Find RP or Forums?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus