Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Whats your favourite Roleplay trope’s?

I think almost everyone knows what a book trope is. For example enemies to lovers but what's one roleplay trope you like doing? Or perhaps a roleplay idea and why?
1. Newly born Vampire seeking redemption for the deaths he/she causes. Its been done to death, but I don't care. LOVE it.

2. Villain turned hero seeking redemption

3. Hero slowly turns into a villain.
Kaiortea Topic Starter

-Knight- wrote:
1. Newly born Vampire seeking redemption for the deaths he/she causes. Its been done to death, but I don't care. LOVE it.

Ooo those are nice ones the first though is one I haven’t heard about or it’s because i haven’t done a single roleplay with other vampire lovers here. I actually also have a character named Astriaem who is a vegan vampire!
I love, love, LOVE turning heroic types into villains so much. It's def a trope I'm dying to find an rp for, for sure.
Kaiortea Topic Starter

Seven_of_Beasts wrote:
I love, love, LOVE turning heroic types into villains so much. It's def a trope I'm dying to find an rp for, for sure.

For some time I’ve already given that also a thought about it as it also interests me kinda.
Bully turned nice guy

And hero to villan / villan to hero
DreamGirl wrote:
Bully turned nice guy

You forgot the "I hate you" Then, "I love you." Trope. ;)
-Knight- wrote:
DreamGirl wrote:
Bully turned nice guy

You forgot the "I hate you" Then, "I love you." Trope. ;)

Always to my rescue <3

yes can't go wrong with those
Kaiortea Topic Starter

DreamGirl wrote:
Bully turned nice guy

Oh yes those are the classics. Currently two tropes that interest me similar to hero to villain or villain to hero. Is where the villain or hero realizes that the opposite one is a kid, but i still haven’t thought that out more to turn it into a roleplay.
Kaiortea wrote:
-Knight- wrote:

Ooo those are nice ones the first though is one I haven’t heard about or it’s because i haven’t done a single roleplay with other vampire lovers here. I actually also have a character named Astriaem who is a vegan vampire!

Well, I'm not super into Vampires, but I have seen the redemption arc a lot in TV and movies. Plus, RP as well. But I still love seeing it because its such a fun thing to do. :D

And that's awesome! A Vegan Vampire. Astriaem would be safe from my Hunters then. ;)
All of them, so long as the story can focus on two different tropes mix/matched together to make something ~new~ hahaha

like 'oh my god they were roommates' mixed with 'villain redemption', like if you could roll a dice to choose any two or more tropes randomly and then try to come up with the scenario in which that mix would fit

villain redemption in a villain rehab center, to explain why roommates trope? they were / are both villains? THEY FIND REDEMPTION IN ONE ANOTHER?

y/y
absolutely forgetting some but here's what I have right now.
  • absolute gremlin of a character who hangs out with someone that's.. less of a gremlin.. and pulls them into shenanigans anyway.
  • alternatively, just gremlins being gremlins.
  • found family, especially when the characters have sibling vibes.
  • like many people, I also do love villains turning into heroes and heroes turning into villains... but what I like even more is either heroes or villains just. turning neutral.
  • morally gray characters, in general, are neat :)
  • a bit more in books than roleplays, but... unreliable narrators. love them.
Another one I'd like to mention.

Characters that are savants, or prodigy's, whether its with their powers, magical abilities, skills or intelligence (or just powerful characters in general). Then turning these characters into flawed and relatable characters. TOO many of this type of character are Mary Sue's (or Gary Sues). Not for me, I LOVE turning them into flawed/relatable people.
-Knight- wrote:

Characters that are savants, or prodigy's, whether its with their powers, magical abilities, skills or intelligence (or just powerful characters in general). Then turning these characters into flawed and relatable characters. TOO many of this type of character are Mary Sue's (or Gary Sues). Not for me, I LOVE turning them into flawed/relatable people.
You're singing my sooong.. for like half my characters.

The other half, of course, are completely mundane and untalented people who perseveres and turns out to be IMPORTANT (TM) - teh Frodos, if you will.
Foxfarer

- Found family is always an absolute treat. I love every bit of it. I'm especially a sucker for botherly bonds.

- Just, downright angst. I'm a sucker for drama and angst and especially hurt/comfort.

- Two nerds in love is an amazing trope and not used enough. This is especially a fun trope when the character gets into another thing their partner likes so that way they can geek out.

- Morally gray characters are always just- chef's kiss xD

- A group of idiotic yet loyal friends that go out and cause chaos.

- "...Was that stupid?" "Of course it was stupid!" The one that acts before thinking and the one that constantly criticizes them.

- Enemies having to work together.

- A group of gremlins and the one character that babysits them.

- Slow-burn is so infuriating yet at the same time so satisfying as you yell at your characters for not making a move already.

- The tired parent and that one bundle of chaos they decided to adopt.
Kaiortea Topic Starter

-Knight- wrote:
Kaiortea wrote:
-Knight- wrote:

Well, I'm not super into Vampires, but I have seen the redemption arc a lot in TV and movies. Plus, RP as well. But I still love seeing it because its such a fun thing to do. :D

And that's awesome! A Vegan Vampire. Astriaem would be safe from my Hunters then. ;)

Great then that I’ve chosen to make Astriaem a vegan then! No vampire hunters after us.
Kaiortea Topic Starter

oven wrote:
All of them, so long as the story can focus on two different tropes mix/matched together to make something ~new~ hahaha

like 'oh my god they were roommates' mixed with 'villain redemption', like if you could roll a dice to choose any two or more tropes randomly and then try to come up with the scenario in which that mix would fit

villain redemption in a villain rehab center, to explain why roommates trope? they were / are both villains? THEY FIND REDEMPTION IN ONE ANOTHER?

y/y

Villians in a rehab center Is one i havent heard of yet. That sounds interesting. But i wonder how they would get rehab.
Kaiortea Topic Starter

Faedreamer wrote:
absolutely forgetting some but here's what I have right now.
  • absolute gremlin of a character who hangs out with someone that's.. less of a gremlin.. and pulls them into shenanigans anyway.
  • alternatively, just gremlins being gremlins.
  • found family, especially when the characters have sibling vibes.
  • like many people, I also do love villains turning into heroes and heroes turning into villains... but what I like even more is either heroes or villains just. turning neutral.
  • morally gray characters, in general, are neat :)
  • a bit more in books than roleplays, but... unreliable narrators. love them.

The found family is one I really like seeing happening in books for example because they are so cute and give off nice vibes.
Kaiortea Topic Starter

-Knight- wrote:

Oh yes! I always try to give my characters some flaws here and there. Only thing though is that giving them flaws is harder then you think because you can’t give them all the same flaws. Otherwise they are copies of each other.
Kaiortea Topic Starter

Foxfarer wrote:
- Found family is always an absolute treat. I love every bit of it. I'm especially a sucker for botherly bonds.

- Just, downright angst. I'm a sucker for drama and angst and especially hurt/comfort.

- Two nerds in love is an amazing trope and not used enough. This is especially a fun trope when the character gets into another thing their partner likes so that way they can geek out.

- Morally gray characters are always just- chef's kiss xD

- A group of idiotic yet loyal friends that go out and cause chaos.

- "...Was that stupid?" "Of course it was stupid!" The one that acts before thinking and the one that constantly criticizes them.

- Enemies having to work together.

- A group of gremlins and the one character that babysits them.

- Slow-burn is so infuriating yet at the same time so satisfying as you yell at your characters for not making a move already.

- The tired parent and that one bundle of chaos they decided to adopt.

Ohhh for some of these im also really a sucker. Just add some angst and fluff to it and it would be the perfect bundle of joy. Some of these I haven’t even thought of before.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Whats your favourite Roleplay trope’s?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus