Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Snacks in Theatres?

TheCaffeineQueen Topic Starter

silentruth wrote:
Eros_Calls wrote:
Thank you friends and fellow writers for FINALLY convincing Cat that I am not full of crap and that pickles in theaters are actually a thing.
SURE...certainly... look.. the conversation really is... should it be a thing?

Because all I'm hearing is that texas likes to drink salty vinegar by the gallon and maybe we need to save them from themselves.
(I'm kidding, you do you, texas)

One, Eros, I always believed you, I just thought you were crazy! There was no way this was a thing! (But I admit, I am forced to admit it is true. But still, PICKLES?!)

And two, I must agree with Truth though. Does Texas need a pickle intervention?
Luscinioide

if you guys think the pickle situation is bad just wait until you hear what they do with butter
Luscinioide wrote:
if you guys think the pickle situation is bad just wait until you hear what they do with butter

Yes, yes! Us Texans have an unhealthy LOVE affair with butter. We bleed butter! Everything is better with butter. Probably why our population is on the morbidly obese side of the scale, and I run three times a week.
... it routinely gets over 32 C in texas year-round, y'all can stop being food racist and let ppl who can't afford AC have their cheap and delicious electrolytes, damn.

pickle brine is also a probiotic. pickled veggies like carrots and cabbage make banger taco toppings in a neighborhood where tomatoes can't grow and lettuce can give you food poisoning if you leave it out too long.

anyways michigan also sells bagged pickles at movie theaters, in towns where people still have to sweat at their jobs. >.>
You know what? You're right, I grew up with something similar, actually

HK gets the same way - 30-40 C with the humidity
So we have fermented limes - in salt preserves, a jar in every house (people I know anyway), and we mix it with 7up
It was like a cure all - help drop fevers, sore throats, heat stroke, etc. Can get them at restaurants, 7/11, definitely theatres.

I still have them lime preserves in my fridge and my very nova scotian partner threatens to throw them away when I whine that we've had potatoes for too many meals in a row. LOL we all got our food thing - they all make us feel like we're home when we're not <3

((The only true unacceptable theatre food is my local theatre recently put poutine (loose fries, gravy and cheese curds) between burger buns and called it a sandwich - which is honestly just MEAN to the people that have to clean up the theatre after the fact. They shut that down after a week, and had to deep clean all the theatre chairs.. how did they not see that coming??))
my worst trait is how bad i just want that bag of pickle juice

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Snacks in Theatres?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus