Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Outcast Beings in: "Menneskets jord"

Unknown (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Mauldam glanced over his shoulder at Darlia with distaste and shifted himself another foot away from her and kept walking. The two kept traveling along the road and the hills faded into plains and old abandoned farmlands. It looks like these farms were raided and plundered some time ago, at least a few years. There are some charred remains of farmhouses and homes. "This is what the humans here have to show for themselves. Their own destruction." Something big must have happened a long time ago with the humans. There are also scattered human bones around the farmlands with old equipment. These lands must have been abandoned as well. Farmland spans out a few miles before reaching the outskirts of a town that the road leads to.

The sun sets over the forest and it gets later. "We will stop in a bit and rest for the night."
Darlia (played by KuroSakuranbo14)

Darlia nodded, looking at all they had left in ruins. The thought that she was half that was not one of comfort. "They seem to be murderous creatures." She said, none too happy to see this. She looked over at the setting and nodded at what he said. "Okay."

Mauldam looks to Darlia "Well, they don't have to be, and not all are. I've seen them as peaceful groups, but they do anything to get their way. They will murder for power, and with that power they will do even worse." Mauldam sighs "Our historians have judged that the humans have a dozen or so groups of society. Each with two or so collections of homes and walls. Well then something happened. Rumor from my friend up here say that it was about magic, or mages, or a girl as it usually is." Mauldam looks to Darlia for a response. "That is a joke... although some would say that it is flirting. Some say flirting is just a great complement." Mauldam looks forward. He doesn't seem interested in romance between Darlia and him, but he seems a little interest in romance. "Orc women would find it a complement, or not."

The night calls as the sun sets. The adventurers find themselves on the outskirts of a small ruined town. Abandoned by all human that once lived here. The roads are cleared and still used by the looks of it. Down the road a few miles away from this town, another major city with great walls of stone stand.

Darlia was glad to hear that not all humans seem to be murderous and destructive savages like it seemed to be. "It seems like they live in a more complicated world than we do, being separated by something, I would see as it being their minds that divide them in such ways." She said, taking in this information and analyzing it more than she probably needs to. When Mauldam had spoke of a rumor considering mages or magic that he had spoke of, she thought nothing of it until he mention that it might tie in with a woman, which caused her to tense up and her shoulder twitched a bit along with her breath hitching but then she relaxed when he said it was only a joke, well more of some form of what most called flirting, according to him. Darlia was not ignorant in the romantics of these world, or what that she had read in the novels she had been given in her time at the lab, of course she left them all behind for they had been torn when her room was searched for anyone to be hiding or any evidence of who might have lived in the room. She simply shrugged at what he said once she was more relaxed and calm now. "You would think to be careful as to what you say, for what is a joke to you, could mean something painful to another." She spoke in a monotone voice, as though she was reciting form a book of sorts, but it was something that she knew well.

Mauldam looks around the small abandoned town. The two travel past all of the old broken buildings made of wood and stone. Mauldam says "Look for a large piece of green cloth." Old blacksmiths, homes, shops, a collapsed bakery, and the old town hall. Someone had been through to clean up the streets but the buildings were still shattered. "The humans here collapsed on themselves and sent their people people to wars to gain power from the other humans. I can only guess that Centaur came from the south and raided the undefended towns." Mauldam looks for this green cloth but he fails to notice it and he passes it obliviously. An old green banner hangs improperly on a stake of broken wood, slanted like it had been there as long as the town has been in disrepair. Mauldam continues searching.

Darlia had seen the large green cloth that Mauldam had passed so easily. She went over to where it hung on the two wooden pegs, she was surprised to see it still standing. It was too high for her to reach so she used her claws to grab it, stretching them out and made sure not to rip it. Then they brought it down to her, which she took gently. "Mauldam! Is this it?" She said, looking over at him with the green cloth in her hands.

Mauldam turns around to look at the banner "Oh! Wait, where did you get it? The hideout entrance should be right around where it was so you had better remember." It wouldn't be hard to remember where one got the cloth without brain damage. It seemed to hang over some wooden scrap and stone. The green cloth looked like a banner of some sort with a white image sewn in of a brick wall. Mauldam looks down to the cloth and nods "Yep, that sure is the right cloth."

Darlia hadn't moved away form where she had gotten the cloth so she jut shrugged and said, "I found it over here, it looked to be used as a banner of some sort." She then nodded her head to the two wooden pegs behind her.

Mauldam looks to his left and his right before stepping to the two pegs and the pile of debris. Mauldam kneels and starts picking up and tossing rocks and wood to clear a spot. He clears off some dirt from a wooden floor. It's a wooden hatch! Mauldam opens it up and it is like a damp dark well with a ladder going down it. The ladder seemed secure but it was dark. Mauldam started to treat down the ladder, his deathly boots first. He got to the bottom quickly and his boots made a splash in the shallow water. The well was only deep enough for Mauldam to stand in it with his head just a foot under the surface. It seems like the two just found an old shallow well.

Darlia watched as Mauldam moved all the rubble, she thought about helping out but then he found a wooden hatch. She couldn't really tell much about it, she hadn't really seen a hatch before, well, not one in the ground anyway. She moved a bit closer, lowering her claws and wrapping them around her waist, remembering that he did not want her to be near when they were raised. Once she had heard him hit the ground bellow them in the darkness, she then went down herself. As she hit the ground, the water splashed on her shoes, some of the water slipped into her shoes so it was soaking her socks and feet.

Mauldam looked around and said "Marco?!" Mauldam waited for a response and looked at Darlia. "Marco!" Mauldam smiles to Darlia and holds up his finger for her to wait for a result. The two now stand in a dark hole calling "Marco!"

"What?!" A woman calls out a response through the other side of the wall, just next to Darlia. Mauldam shifts and looks to the wall. Marco?!"

Darlia was confused on what he was doing, it took her a moment to realize he was calling someone by the name of Marco. She waited for a response as well, curious as to who this Marco person was. She hadn't expected them to be anywhere near her so to hear someone call out right beside her, made her jump and almost lose her balance, but she quickly caught herself before she could fall and land into the shallow water.

The brick side of the well is pulled back in one piece from outside and another green figure apears. Green skin, lighter and prettier than Mauldam's. Dark, slightly wavy,puple hair, Just coming down past her chin.she had long pointy ears just poking out of her hair. She sets the huge wall to the side in a kneeling fasion yet... it is obvious that she is three fiths Darlias height. She looked slim and still very attractive for her size. She seemed strong as she set a piece of a brick wall to the side. Her jaw was sharp. Her eyes were gold. She wore a black chest harness that covered her chest all the way yet showed her arms, muscles,and toned stomach. She was most certainly a goblin woman with her small size and tall, pointy ears.

The woman looks at the two travelers and says "what do you want? And close that hatch up there!" She pointed and demanded.

Darlia was surprised by the shorter woman that seemed to have just spooked her a moment ago. She could tell the woman looked to be an Orc as well with her green skin that was lighter than Mauldam's. She didn't say a word though, a bit scared to saying anything. When the woman asked what they wanted and yelled about the hatch, Darlia reacted with a simple, "Yes, ma'am," and quickly closed the hatch, since she was the last one to come down. It was a habit she had to follow the orders she was given, always answering in a polite manner. She hated it so much, but it was like it was programmed in her mind to never disobey.

The green woman walked away from the well into her secret hideout. "What do you have now Mauldam? I really hope you don't have any priorities because I need you for something." Mauldam steps into the hideout and looks to the brick wall with handles on the other side to hoist it up. "Well Marco, I just came to keep up my tabs on the humans, but I want to acquire some better armaments for my travels." Mauldam kneels down to lift up the brick wall. Mauldam is covered in muscles, but they seem more for show as Mauldam struggles to lift the wall back up to close off the hidden door.

The hideout looked like a large basement, perhaps a wine storage room. the stairs leading up to the home above was completely sealed shut by rubble. The place looked very neat and clean besides the stairs going up. There were rugs, tables, chairs, and candles. On the walls there were big deadly daggers the size of short swords. There were four doors total on each side of the basement, they looked like they were added by a poorer architect. Marco walks over to her table and pours a drink into two small glasses. "Well good for you, I have a task for you involving the Dirty Deeds Dealer. I need you to gather information and I can set you up with something." Marco seemed to be a deadly woman with nice tastes. Mauldam waits for Darlia to exit the well and come inside before it closes the wall in. Mauldam says "This is Marco, she is a Goblin woman so treat her with respect please."

It hadn't taken long for Darlia to close the hatch but she had seen Mauldam and Marco go into the area that Marco had came form. Once she had got off the ladder and back into the well, she soon followed back to where they were. She didn't know what they had been talking about and thought it best not to ask. She looked over at Mauldam when he spoke and nodded. "It is my pleasure to meet you Miss Marco." She said form where she stood new the entrance.

Marco turns around and hands a drink over to Mauldam and she greets Darlia with her own drink "Pleasure to meet you sweetheart, now drink up." Marco looks to Mauldam "What's with the weird human? Honestly I see why having her around is good, but are you that desperate for that sort of thing?" Mauldam responds to Marco "Well she's an outcast or a runaway and you know the humans. I figured I would tag her along, and if you think she would be a nice chance at companionship then you take her." Tensions between their words thicken before they both stop and laugh a little.

Marco smiles to "Pardon our chatter. I don't go for girls that are taller than me." Mauldam laughs "So is that why you are all alone here?" Mauldam takes a drink. Mauldam walks around the room and takes a look around. Marco smiles up at Darlia "So what is your story sweetheart?"

Darlia was surprised by the tension in the air she felt, but it was soon gone with a laugh. She was confused on to why they were speaking of her in such a manner but then they both turned to her and seemed to have an interest on to what had happened to her. "Well, I had just escaped form a laboratory run by dark magic users. Originally, I was fully human but they had found a creature that is very rare in this land known as a Necromorph. They decided to cross my DNA with what they had with the creature and after a week, I had mutated and grew these along with the ability to have two other ones come out of my palms. They had tricked me for years thinking that with all the tests of my abilities will be for a greater good. I don't know what had happened, but I had came back home form work, the place was empty, everyone was gone but it looked as though it had been through some form of chaos. I looked around for the others and stumbled upon different papers, stated things about how I am almost ready for whatever they were planning but form what I could tell, it was nothing good so I left with just some food, water, and clothes." She said with a shrug. She kept her eyes emotionless while she told her story, making sure not to show any sign of remorse or anything at all.

Mauldam smiles along and looks at the walls "I didn't understand half of what you said." Marco nods "Well it means instead of tearing apart something, they put two things together and she was created." Marco looks closely at Darlia "I don't know your name." Mauldam looks around the walls "I suppose the real question is: Is someone likely to go looking for her." Mauldam looks fairly stoic "Hmm... What happened to the stuffed heads of your kills?" Marco looks over to Mauldam "They started to rot, and not in a good way. I've found I have no idea how to taxidermy." Mauldam thinks "Hmm... how can they rot in a good way?"

The drink in Darlia's hand looks green, almost like tonic of some sort.

Darlia was very confused on what they were talking about. "My name is Darlia." She told Marco when she said she didn't know her name. She looked down at the drink in her hands then took a sip of it. SHe just kept her mouth such and just listened, not really understanding almost anything.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Outcast Beings in: "Menneskets jord"

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus