Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Outcast Beings in: "Menneskets jord"

Unknown (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The drink tasted like juice of some sort. It sates thirst, and helps recovering stamina from walking so long.

Marco smiles to Darlia "Well are you sure you want to be running around with Mauldam? He can be a pretty selfish cookie. I've never seen him look after a pet before, let alone have a companion around when he gets in danger."

Mauldam points over to Marco "I left that dogeir in great shape, he just didn't like me and ran off into the forst."

Marco puts her hands on her hips and goes over to sit in her Goblin sized chair "So Darlia, perhaps you should find out where your best interests are."
Darlia (played by KuroSakuranbo14)

Darlia didn't mind the taste but she was glad that it wasn't a strange one. She listens to what they said, wondering why Marco was mentioning that it was best for her to leave Mauldam's side. She thought about it and shook her head. "I rather stay with Mauldam, I don't know much on how to hunt very well and I still have a lot to learn about society and I can only speak and read English, if he hadn't tailed me for awhile out of curiosity, I would probably be dead now." She said, not knowing if it was for sure but she just assumed so. "I had asked him if I could accompany him until I feel that I have enough knowledge to go on my own."

Marco takes a drink and stares down Darlia "That's up to you Darlia. Good luck to the both of you." Marco looks over Mauldam and back to Darlia "Well you both are welcome to stay here tonight and I can explain the plans later after I calculate Darlia into the plan." Marco turns her chair away from the two and looks over the papers on her desk. Mauldam goes into one of the others rooms and the whole area is just quiet.

Darlia nodded. "Thank you, Miss Marco. Uh, where should I go for the night?" She asked. This place unfamiliar to her but she did feel a bit embarrassed in having to ask on to where she needed to go. She did her best to not show it though, she felt it best not to show emotion to anyone that was a stranger to her.

Marco kept looking at her papers "Well the doors along the room are numbered so one is my room. Two is my storage. Three is where I keep guests. So have at it." Mauldam has already made his way into one of the doors. "If you need anything, or some food, let me know."

The doors where all numbered. They were also closed except the third door. Now would be a great time to talk with people, find out information, or do things on your own while you rest.

Darlia nodded and thanked Marco then went to room three where the guest beds where at. She choose the middle bed and set her drink down on the night stand along with her bag on the floor. She sat down on the bed, wondering as to what the future holds.

Mauldam has his boots and his helmet off, and he lays on the bed reading a book. He smells of smelly feet and sweat. His feet look nice, nothing monstrous, just sharp, black toenails like knifetips, just like his fingernails. Mauldams has messy locks of black hair running along his head and he looks fairly handsome for a green man, however he doesn't show it off very well at all.

Mauldam looks over to Darlia "So you feel comfortable traveling with me do you?" Mauldam keeps reading his red leather book.

Darlia had picked up on the scent of sweat and such but didn't really care much about it. She took her hood off her head, showing her short dark red, almost blood color, hair. She then removed her jacket with only a simple black t-shirt but she did have a multitude of tentacles that slipped out form under her sleeves and collar. It was hard to tell where they had came form on her body, only she knew that there was a hole in her chest that this tentacles came form, but there was a wall of flesh under her tentacles to protect her lungs, heart, and ribs form being shot.

She looked over at Mauldam when he spoke and nodded. "Yes, I don't really have any problems with you personally." She said.

Mauldam flips a page in his book and keeps reading his book. "I still have my thoughts on you. Marco normaly sends me out to human only cities because they have a grrat amount of riches. If I wish to turn on you then I can always unmask you in the depths of a city." Mauldam seems a bit backhanded, but he seems content and unsure of Darlia.

"Do you not believe that I know that?" Darlia's voice was flat, emotionless. She knew that he could have her killed for any reason. "What you don't realize is that I have not a reason to betray you. I am simply trying to free myself form my past and move on with my life but I still have much to learn." She said then opened her backpack and pulled out the few books she had with her.

Mauldam keeps reading. "One does not truely become free until they have the will to declare that they are free." Mauldam closes his book and sits up. He looks at Darlia's books with wide eyed curiosity. "What books do you have? I enjoy reading about people."

Darlia didn't say anything about the topic of freedom. She couldn't consider herself truly free, not until she is able to truly find a new life, one where she can forget what the one behind her left on her. She was a bit surprised by Mauldam's reaction. "Most of my books are just fiction ones. Romances, action, discovery, and so on."

Mauldam smiles down at the books "I have a few books I have read here. Some about humans and many of orcs, one with a troll in it." Mauldam counts off his fingers "and one about a dragon." Mauldam looks to Darlia "What is fiction?" Mauldam is now sitting up in his bed with his legs crossed, interested to hear more.

Darlia was a bit surprised when Mauldam asked what fiction was. She thought for a moment on how to really describe it. "It is something that isn't real. Like stuff that take place in the future. Most humans don't truly believe in creatures such as ourselves so they have written stories about finding such creatures and befriending them and in some cases, falling for them." She said with a shrug.

Mauldam looks down to his book and puts his palm on the face of it. "So fiction is something tangible that has not happened in the exact...way that it is presented." Mauldam nods "I'm not the greatest when it come to speaking basic human language." Mauldam looks down to his book "My story tells of a human woman being hunted by a dwarf. She keeps getting to safety but always ends up in a place where the dwarf can hunt her." Mauldam flips through the book "I really think that the dwarf is out to kill her but I don't know why."

Darlia thought for a moment on what was in the book that Mauldam described. "Has the dwarf said anything that would suggest a reason why? Or has the book mention any of the woman's past? Sometimes you have to read closely to figure out motivates, just as you have to with people." She said with a small smile. She had gotten use to reading into what people say a do to figure out what makes them tick, though she only did that when she wanted information.

Mauldam thinks for a moment "Well, the dwarf tends to shoot on sight of her. The book takes place from the woman's point of view. She seems innocent for the most part." Mauldam lets out a stout yawn from his maw. "You should have a read of it. It captures my attention."

"I can give it a try to see. Usually when someone shoots on sight, there are two possible reasons. One, being they detest the person greatly. Or two, the person had stole something form the other one that was of great value." She said. Darlia wasn't tired whatsoever, she had been able to go days without sleep and have only been affect a little bit.

Mauldam's idea of 'great value' was that of loved ones and he looked back down at the book. "She leaves the whole plot lost in mystery with her lack of..." Mauldam looks at his book in mild frustrasion. He tries so hard to master certain languages, but he just isn't flexable enough.

Darlia was a bit surprised by his struggle for words on how to describe what the female character in his story was lacking. "Detail? Explanation? Or of the thought process of what might be happening?" She questioned.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Outcast Beings in: "Menneskets jord"

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus