Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Mana Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Mana Symbol in Epic Week 2023. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Mana Symbol
So based on the name/symbol this one seems Magic The Gathering related
Ilmarinen Moderator

Magic the Gathering, probably related to blue mana! Any MtG lore buffs out there?
The second clue in particular seems to point toward Jace, who is a blue mage to go with our blue mana
It mentions being a "shaper of minds/counter spell plans, and he's capable of modifying memories, counter spells, etc
They all say 'shaper'. Is that a coincidence? Does this guy make dummies or something? Lol, maybe it's an archetype involving three characters?
Each clue is pointing toward a different person I think

So #2 points to Jace Beleren:
"A chessmaster, a glamourist, a shaper of minds, a counterspell and plan for (almost) every situation."

And #3 points to Nissa Revane:
"A warrior, a natural talent, a shaper of lines, a speaker to the largest of souls."

But I'm not sure just yet who #1 is referring to, and what all 3 might have in common
In case we get a chance at this one while I'm asleep, perhaps the common thread is Gatewatch?
Perhaps the first clue is referring to Teferi? I believe his lore says he's a historian and he is ALSO a blue color planeswalker?
do the cards share a common artist, maybe?
That possible, but rereading the clue, it almost sounds as though its referencing The Gatewatch team

https://mtg.fandom.com/wiki/The_Gatewatch

4 current members and they somewhat lineup with the descriptions
perhaps the name of the card whose art depicts them in it?

https://scryfall.com/card/ybro/17/assemble-the-team?utm_source=mw_MTGWiki
I don't know anything about MTG, but a quick skim of the wiki got me noticing..
The description of the 3 seems to match the founders of the gatewatch team more than the current active members.
The only member that's a founder AND still active = Chandra Nalaar

Just gonna throw that out there in case it's relevant lol
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "The Promised End".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Dragonfire, designer of this riddle wrote:
Each initial clue points to a different planeswalker: Tamiyo, a truth-seeker and story-historian, Jace Beleren, the master of mind-magic, and Nissa Revane, an animist and speaker to the souls of the planes themselves. All will eventually be compleated to serve Phyrexia, but before that, they first worked together to seal the horrific Eldrazi Emrakul into Innistrad’s moon, after determining they were unable to destroy her. While only Tamiyo and Nissa are depicted on the card “Imprisoned in the Moon”, Jace was also there providing support in the linked story, “The Promised End”.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Oho, who got it? :D
Kim wrote:
Oho, who got it? :D
👀
Dragonfire Moderator

I had a riot watching people put guesses in on this symbol all day, hahah. Knew you were getting close when the Phyrexian references started coming in! :D
Dragonfire wrote:
I had a riot watching people put guesses in on this symbol all day, hahah. Knew you were getting close when the Phyrexian references started coming in! :D

I was SO CERTAIN at first that "Phyrexianized" was the answer when Compleated wasn't, and after that it was just desperate researching to branch out from there

Also, for my fellow researchers:

"An observer, a historian, a shaper of tales, a seeker of all things true."

This ended up being Tamiyo! Phoned a friend for this clue because I could not for the life of me find a Planeswalker that best fit all the pieces.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Mana Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus