Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Zahn Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Zahn Symbol in Epic Week 2023. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Zahn Symbol
Dragonfire Moderator

Gonna take a wild guess and theorize that this is related to Timothy Zahn, who wrote the Thrawn trilogy of Star Wars books. ;) (Hi Darth!)
Definitely! I'm already making a mental list of all the characters that could be called associates, though I'm patiently waiting for more clues.
SOMEONE is hyped for Ahsoka…

Crucially…are we looking at New Thrawn or Heir to the Empire Thrawn! 😜
Well, clues are unlocked. XD
I haven't read the legends stuff, but I did some digging on the wookieepedia and (oddly there is a lot of star wars characters named after fans) I think the one we are looking for is Wadewarn
Okay so, this looks like a Star Wars Symbol, specifically the Resistance one!
1200px-Rebel_Alliance_logo.svg.png
God that picture is huge. Well, uh, I think we may be looking at a character that isn't a villain? I dunno. I'm rusty with my Star Wars.
I tried Wadewarn, and Wade Warren, who does indeed (showing up in a dinner scene) make a lot of sense, but it didn't work.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "Wadewarn"

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Darth_Angelus, designer of this riddle wrote:
The line he gets mentioned in is "Good evening, all. May I present Calrissian and Solo, who\'ll be dining with us. Three of my associates, Wadewarn, Chin and Ghent. Ghent is the slicer I mentioned, possibly the best in the business. And of course, you've already met Mara Jade."
Why didn't it work when I put it in, I wonder? ^^'
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Shinyrainbowlithogra wrote:
Why didn't it work when I put it in, I wonder? ^^'

It broke but I saw you put in the right one so I did it manually XD
tumblr_mpnpzwvoCX1r2o0p6o1_500.gif
This was a good one, difficult for me for a Star Wars riddle, and I don't know how Wixiany did it, to be honest, my detective work found barely anything on fan-named characters. Thank you for the mechanicwork, Kim!

♥️ 🖤 ♥️ 🖤🌟 💚 🗡️💚 🌟
Yay, we got it!! I haven't heard of the character before, so I did a bit of a mechanical search? I opened the page for the first book, opened the list of all characters and went through all of them till I found the one that fit. And this guy did! The Behind the scenes section usually explained how the characters were named and such, so I always jumped there first, looking for a mention of a fan.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Wixiany wrote:
Yay, we got it!! I haven't heard of the character before, so I did a bit of a mechanical search? I opened the page for the first book, opened the list of all characters and went through all of them till I found the one that fit. And this guy did! The Behind the scenes section usually explained how the characters were named and such, so I always jumped there first, looking for a mention of a fan.

That does explain it! I was going onto Wookieepedia last night trying to figure out how you found him so fast! I'm going to have to remember that next time. Nicely done!

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Zahn Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus