Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Deus Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Deus Symbol in Epic Week 2023. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Deus Symbol
Giving this a bump, looks like the image for this one needs a refresh

EDIT: And the 3rd clue needs a little TLC
My first clue I unlocked. How about that? Hehe. ^_^
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Clearly I was too tired when setting up some of these. XD Please hold!
*LOL*

OKAY, please enjoy *backs out of the room*
Oh! The symbol is from the Deus Ex franchise. Not sure which of the games any of the clues could be referring to though. They could be in reference to something spanning across the general in-game universe, so maybe it has something to do with the Illuminati?
The locations listed appear in Mankind Divided and Human Revolution, both of which have a character in common, Adam Jensen.
Ooh! You're right! And on the wiki it says he is mechanically augmented - which may be what the first clue is hinting at, since he is technically "live" but he's not really alive.
Indeed! I don't know if his love interest(?) or friend or enemy/other character counterparts are recurrent in the games or if they're mechanical either.
Dragonfire Moderator

The hidden masters here might be the Illuminati? Right, which was mentioned above, so - who are the Illuminati characters in Human Revolution or Mankind Divided?

(Do the Illuminati in this universe have HR or PR experts? :P I haven't played Deus Ex myself, hahah.)
They have a media communications thing, Picus Group? Lead by Morgan Everett, apparently. :)

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "Eliza Cassan".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Avitrathephoenix, designer of this riddle wrote:
Eliza Cassan is the main news anchor for Picus news, as seen on TV in the games. She's also secretly an Illuminati AI with the job of monitoring, interpreting, and influencing the global flow of information. That said, she doesn't exactly seem... thrilled about it, and does a surprising amount to help the player character (Adam Jensen) crack open the global conspiracies responsible. Her biggest presence is in Human Revolution, but she has a memorable sidequest in Mankind Divided.
YAAAAAYYY!!!! YOU DID IT!
Good job guessers! ^v^ <3
Dragonfire Moderator

Nice! :D

Picus Group led me to Picus Communications, which led me to Eliza.
Dragonfire wrote:
Nice! :D

Picus Group led me to Picus Communications, which led me to Eliza.

Solid work-through job!
Sweeeet.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Deus Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus