Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Our pain filled dream 🩷

Ren Hemmberg (played by Revereen)

"We're probably the same as you", Ren said to Callisto, "Stranded in some random dimension without any knowledge of how we got here"

"We come from a land that is adept in technology and magic", Azumi said softly, "I had just tucked my summoner in bed-"

"Oookay, we don't need to get into that part! Get to the point!"

Azumi giggled slightly at Ren's deflection and responded with, "Alright fine!"

"Ren here is merely a musician. I am his kitsune familiar, Azumi. He has dabbled in the arcane arts thanks to me, as well as his rather copious mana reserves, but I do not think he would be capable of warping to another dimension just like that! I've a feeling something or someone had pulled us into their world for a certain reason, that reason being unknown at that moment, though I can only hope that it was not because of any malicious intent."
Jonathan (played by ForeverDreamer)

Jonathan would've passed out for at least 30 minutes until he gasped and woke up quickly out of shock.

"...What...happened...?" asked Jonathan...as he then grasped his head again and starts shaking it uncontrollably again "...Wait a minute...I remember now... I can...I can use magic, but... Ugh...can't remember anything else... Something...something...connection... My heart...aches...? Why...? And why I feel...deep sadness... Uggggghhhhh...I can't remember anything... So...frustrating..."

Jonathan would keep this up for several minutes, but will eventually calm down given time...though clearly everyone could see that he's suffering from amnesia, and will not remember everything anytime soon...
Turuilla E Collins. (played by Kotomi657) Topic Starter

The green mist led her further out of the city and into the open space...trees came into view.Like a kid in a candy store Turuilla approached the tree. Her hands felt right at home touching the bark. "Okay...let's see." She hummed, allowing her fingers to study the bark. The woman studied the leaves on the ground also, doing her best with the low lighting. After a few moments of looking her brows furrowed in worry. "This doesn't make sense...what's going on?" Worry painted over her face and she looked up at the tree, her hand resting on the bark. "Where are we...?"

Turuilla stared for awhile before a sudden wind and breeze flew past. It blew the leaf right of her hand, and even cleared a bit of the mist. It surprised the girl,but not as much as what happened next.

Sand.

Sand began fluttering down ontop of her. It was as if it was raining.

Aren't you sleepy? A voice called in a twisted yet calming voice. It made Turuilla shudder and upon looking up again she saw...a man? An old man with a beard just as long as his thin body. His eyes were hidden away in dark sleepy bags, and he peered down at the woman. He wasn't in the tree; rather floating right above Turuilla. The scene was shocking and sudden causing her to freeze.

Share those dark dreams with me. The man commanded, holding his hand out. Sand continued to flutter down over Turuilla. It got in her hair, stuck in her knit cardigan. It was suffocating yet somehow...comforting. she began to feel sleepy. Eyes feeling heavy and...and..

"Ah- no no wait-!" The woman stumbled up to her feet- leaf In hand. The man seemed aggravated but slowly floated down before her. Turuilla didn't want to stay and chat. The man made her feel quite intimidated. Therefore she turned and ran back to where she rememberd the others being. He girl didn't turn back to see the man very very slowly float after her.

As he moved the chilled air rushed through the town, clearing away the mist as if a warning. Perhaps the others would see and notice the mist ebbing away.

Perhaps only the headphones friend who lived in this unknown for a few days would know the danger coming?
Callisto continued stroking Jonathan's hair, hoping to help him calm down.

"Shh, it's okay," she muttered, "You're safe."

She looked around, also wondering how they were going to figure this...place out. Demension? World? Planet? Who knows.

Where'd Turuilla run off to anyways? Callisto thought.

Suddenly, she saw the girl running towards them. Gently holding Jonathan's head, Callisto called out to her.

"Hey! Where'd you go?"

"W-we gotta go-" she said, partially out of breath, trying to tug on Azumi and Ren. "Something's coming it's-" her breath caught as the mist around them started to flow away. The man's voice was carried in the wind.

"Come back. Share your dreams with me."

The voice said in the wind, brushing past everyone. The man didn't have to be there for his voice to be heard. Soon partials of sand began to swirl towards the group. Turuilla shuttered and looked at Callista. "W-we gotta hide. I found something and...please let's just go."
"O-okay," Callisto nudged Jonathan gently, "Come on sweetheart, we have to go. We can go to the place I woke up in, it's a bookstore not far from here. It's warm and should be safe."

She stood help, holding Jonathan's hand, ready to help him stand up.

Ren and Azumi spotted a distressed Turuilla, followed by an ominous voice of a man that Azumi could hear clearer and louder thanks to her sensitive hearing. The girl had urged them to leave their current area because of whatever mysterious presence that was after her. Now, it was probably after all of them too. The Summoner and his familiar nodded wordlessly, the latter casting some spells on everyone before readying themselves to follow Callisto since she knew of a safe place to hide.

"Muffling and invisibility spells", Azumi whispered to Turuilla as the fox spirit casted said spells, "I know not of this being's abilities but better safe than sorry"

Whatever it was that was pursuing their group, Ren would hope that it would not return any baleful nightmares. Whatever dreams it desired from them, the musician would make sure it wasn't him or his familiar who would be forced to "share" these "dreams".

Jonathan eventually stops shaking his head as he was convinced by both Callisto and Turuilla to run and hide.

"Oh...alright, I understand..." said Jonathan

Jonathan would follow wherever the group goes to hide. When it comes to dreams, Jonathan basically lives in a living nightmare. Though it's suppressed right now due to suffering from amnesia, once he remembers everything is going to make him go through rough nights all on his own once again. Relearning that he's capable of using magic is the first step on his way to returning to darkness... He hasn't fully relearned all that he's capable of using his magic, all he was able to relearn is that he can use his magic as a catalyst in manifesting a powerful magical weapon that he can use.

As the group went Turuilla happened to pass a woman in headphones and long ginger hair. Unsure of who they were the girl still waved to them. "I wouldn't stay here. Come join us!"
She wouldn't wait to see if they replied...only hoping they'd follow behind.

With the entire group present and fleeing the man they'd probably be able to escape before the man/creature found them. Turuilla would be quite thankful as soon as they entered their new space. The bookstore sang of familiarity for the woman. Safety.

As they closed the door the voice, too, was shut outside with the world. Luckily the inside didn't seem to be as ominous as the outside.

Sand still stained the girls hair and clothes.shuddering she tried to pick the remnants off. " i'd...ask what that is but I font think anyone knows?" With a sigh, Turuilla walks over to a chair and practically collapses onto her bottom, closing her eyes and massaging her own head to try and make sense of it all.

After awhile she spoke again, still clutching the leaf. "This place seems safe. Thank you...erm." Turuilla looked at Callisto and then everyone. "Who are you?"

As the group arrives, and Turuilla locks the door behind them, Jonathan gets comfortable in the bookstore.

"A bookstore...hmm..." said Jonathan as he ponders

Jonathan would then decide to search around for something on his person as he remembered having something that he use his magic on...no it wasn't the locket, and for his own sake he wouldn't want that to be opened right now anyway... Instead he found a small rod inside of his rather luxurious long lab coat that he wore in his academy days.

"This...yes... This is what I can remember using my magic on...but... This couldn't be all I'm capable of..." said Jonathan as he then deeply sighs "Now...I wonder how this...thing...works...? Do I just need to put magic into this...?"

Jonathan would then try to infuse his magic into the small rod...as then a small blade started to manifest, looking no bigger than a dagger... Concentrating very deeply, Jonathan was unaware what he was doing, and at the extent of his magical prowess this is actually all he can do for the time being is manifesting that tiny blade to make nothing more that a knife...which is rather bad in both offense and defense considering it's small size...

Glancing over she noticed Jonathan. He appeared healthy enough as he messed with a dagger of some kind? Atleast he was okay...Turuilla hadn't really noticed in the midst of her panic.

"Hey...glad to see you are feeling better. What's that you have?" She tilted her head, watching the dagger. She could have sworn it grew while in his hands.

Jonathan does snap out of his deep concentration out of shock thanks to Turuilla, but does manage to hear what she says.

"This? ......Actually, I'm not sure... All I know is that I can use my magic on this...to...make...something...?" said Jonathan as he examines both the rod and small blade closely "Well it's real and solid...but... I know it's a weapon at least...but a blade this tiny is hardly useful to protect oneself... *Sigh* I wish I could know more...but I'm really more concerned as to where are we... I've never seen these kinds of buildings before ever...although there is some similarity, but I just can't put my finger on it... I really feel so lost...but at the same time I feel like I'm in real pain...at least more so in my heart for some reason..."

Jonathan then decides to sit down and slumps over, looking quite dejected and mild like he's quite tormented.

Turuilla quietly listened, nodding occasionally as he spoke. Truthfully she had no idea the full scope of what Jonathan was going through, she merely guessed maybe he had challenges with memory...but one could only imagine this whole situation was not making anything better.

"I'm sorry sir. " She said finally after a moment. "You're right. That dagger surely won't help you save yourself...not as it is now. Buut-maybe try looking at it a different way." Humming lightly she sat beside the slumpped boy. "Maybe it can help you in different ways. Like to demonstrate my point..." Turuilla showed him the leaf she held. "Usually when leaves fall from trees they dry up and wither away. However this leaf was on the ground when I got there. There were piles of them...green and living. Sort of."

Turuilla handed Jonathan the green leaf. "Cut it. I bet it's still got plenty of water in it. It's not living...it fell from the tree. It isn't dead either though- it's still got water. It's almost in a...dormant state. " She shrugged and sighed. "I only know about plants so I'm not sure...but wildlife can tell us alot about environments. This tree told me...basically this place isn't living. It's stuck. Not dying. Not living. "

She wasn't sure her words were helping any, so she pressed her lips together and looked to him.

Jonathan listens to Turuilla intently, as he got out of his depressing slump to hear her request.

"......You really just wanted me to cut this leaf...? ...Well...alright..." said Jonathan

Jonathan takes his knife and cuts the leaf in half effortlessly, it was sharp, there was no mistake.

"Hmm...so there is some water in it... Judging by what you're saying...so this place is...stuck in time, or something...? If so...it's rather strange... Stuck in time, and yet we can move just fine..." said Jonathan as he then notices the sand by Turuilla "Is that...sand...? Why you had sand on you...? I don't think there's a beach around here..."

"O-oh it's on me?" Turuilla rubbed her head fiercely as more bits fell from her head. Nevertheless the tiny particles remained on her. She lowered her eyes, shuddering in remembrance of the man.

"When I went to the tree there was an old man there in the forest. He wasn't human." Turuilla timidly fidgeted with her hair. "He was floating there in the forest and used sand. It was weird magic...but I was afraid. It made me feel sleepy and weak. He kept saying something about 'stealing my nightmares'- I didn't understand." She peaked up to the windows. The mist still blocked alot of the view but there was no sign of the man. "That's why I wanted us to run away."

"Come to think of it...I had a horrible nightmare before finding myself here." She shuddered again- regretting the remembrance of her dream. "I'd happily give him my nightmares! I just...don't think it would bode well for me." She admitted.
Callisto had sat on a short bookshelf, about four feet tall, legs dangling in the air. She was focusing on the darkness, trying to learn something. Then, she heard the woman and man's conversation, and the tree "telling" the woman about this odd place.

"Wait, back up," Callisto cut in, "The tree told you something? Almost like speaking to you, just mentally, not so much vocally? Am I right?"

She wondered if she'd finally found someone else like her. But if so, why in such a strange place as this?

"Also, my apologies, my name is Callisto. But you can call me Cal. Or don't, I don't care," she chuckled, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

"...So this strange old man...something...wanted your nightmares...? ...Weird... *Sigh* What's with this weird empty world...? ...Wait...could we all be dreaming up this whole time...? You said that thing is hunting nightmares, so I wonder... I don't remember having a nightmare, or how I even got here." said Jonathan

Then Callisto butted in and introduced herself.

"Perhaps that's her talent, being able to communicate with trees and wildlife. Oh, and my name is Jonathan by the way...that's all I really know at the moment..." said Jonathan

Jonathan then decided to go through his clothes to see if there's anything else he has that could refresh his memories...but the only other thing he could find, aside from his locket, was a miniature black cauldron hooked up on his belt...

"So I only got this weird rod thing, a locket, and...some miniature cauldron...? I don't understand... How and why do I have these things...?" said Jonathan

"Odd", Ren noted when Turuilla talked about the Old man, "That thing gave me a nice dream instead of a nightmare"

As Ren continued to figure out their current situation, Azumi had just realized they forgot to introduce themselves to the rest.

"I am Azumi, a kitsune familiar", She smiled at everyone, "This is my summoner Ren! We have a sort of Mother and Son relationship ever since he was a little baby-"

"Come on! We're in a dangerous situation, you know, be serious about this!", Ren blushed as he tried to stop Azumi from embarrassing him further.

The fox spirit smiled one last time at Ren before changing her demeanor into a more serious one. She then summoned a few tomes in an effort to figure out the old man's abilities

"This reality bender, he seems to be Warper class, based on what my tomes say. That means it is quite the powerful entity, capable of dimensional travel or bringing other people into other worlds. He also seems to be a capable psychic, manipulating us through our dreams. But what does he want from each of us is the real question"

"He probably wants me the most", Ren frowned, "I've got a strange past, thanks to the excessively large mana reserves I have. Everyone wanted to use me, manipulate me for some stupid grand plan they thought of like a few seconds ago"

Azumi remained stoic regarding that suggestion. Internally, it was different. She was panicking. Her and Ren's past with that... organization... was something she would not want to revisit. She knew abput that possibility and though they had lived peacefull for the first time in years.

Meanwhile, something in Ren clicked...

He inspected the knife Jonathan held, staring at it intensely, reflecting on how he said it was "useless"

"Knives", He said in a more monotone voice, a blank expression forming, "Stealth weapons, best suited for indirect, but agile combat. Used by majority of artillery mages as a concealed weapon to catch enemies off guard if the mage's location has been compromised. Applications include a hidden blade attachment on the right arm or even a basic throwable. Basic Treasoner Weapons, Page 89"

Azumi was shocked to hear what he said. He memorized a combat book, one that the pair remember most. One that they thought would never cross their minds again.

"Ren...", She stuttered out of worry, "H-how... why do you remember that?"

Ren snapped out of his trance, unaware of what he said.
Callisto crossed her legs, still on top of the bookshelf.

"In that case, Ren, he would want me too, due to my past," she paused, "I think we might all have a past, come to think of it. Maybe that's why he wants us? Pasts full of nightmares - maybe not so literal ones - that shaped us into who we are now. Or are currently shaping us. Maybe the old geezer wants any number of things from us. Our nightmares - literal or not, our powers slash abilities, or heck, maybe our lives."

She paused at that, watching the others. They were an odd group together. Callisto gave them all mental nicknames: Nature Girl, Dagger Boy, Fox Lady, Magic Boy and Moon Gal (one for herself of course).

"What's wrong with him remembering that?" Callisto asked Azumi after Ren's recitaton, "Except for the voice and face, that is."

"He wasn't supposed to remember it...", Azumi said worriedly to Callisto, "I suppressed everything he knew about them"

"Azumi, remember what? What are you talking about?", Ren asked. His head tilted as his face showed confusion. It was as if he passed out as something took him over. For sure, that was not the case. She knew his memories were slowly coming back, the spell that suppressed his memories slowly losing its hold over him.

Azumi felt the need to explain herself regarding who she referred to, but held back in explaining about them in full detail.

"I shall explain", Azumi remembered, "The Treasoners were a group of, I guess you could say, mercenaries. These mercenaries weren't in it for the money, however. They desired to defend our world from the most perilous of threats. Some of them weren't even fighters, some were diplomats, using their words to usher peace and cooperation throughout galaxies"

Azumi then sighed, attempting to recall all of this seemed more hurtful than it should.

"But something bad happened within their ranks and Ren was a victim in it in some capacity. There happened to be a fight between our Earth and the Treasoners, and we were caught in the crossfire. I knew about their ways and methods of combat, but Ren had never read any of these volumes, so it wouldn't make sense for him to recite all of this!"

Somewhere deep down, Ren knew his motherly fox spirit was lying. Summoners knew when their familiars lied about something and the same could be said for the opposite. He was taken aback by Azumi saying he recited one of their books. He started to become visibly worried and his breath shaking, but only Azumi could tell with how subtle it was... everything was starting to come back, little by little.

"Dear", Azumi asked Ren, "Are you alright?"

"N-nervous... that's all... We gotta find a way outta here."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Our pain filled dream 🩷

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus