Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Our pain filled dream 🩷

Hello!
I'm in another roleplay kick and wanted to do something simple-ish...maybe sweet or developing for your characters! The premise is:

"Your character awakes in this empty city. It's not quite day...nor night. A soft light covers the empty streets of this place. A light fog seems to be their only company. No one's around to ask what this place is...atleast not yet. "

In reality...our characters find themselves in an empty space. The last thing remembered is a nightmare they were having. This nightmare is different for everyone and would depend on your character.
What do they fear?
Rather than waking up in their normal environment, they now find themselves in this empty city! Buildings, cars, potions stores remain yet no other living beings...atleast not at first. It's almost like a purgatory...our characters seemingly forever stuck. How do they escape? Perhaps the answers lie in their fears...and they willing to face their truest fear to escape this place?

Let's find out!

Rules
Have fun! Your character can be whomever and whatever they please! Magic is allowed. Be creative and let's see if we can have some cool and meaningful interactions.
Kotomi657 Topic Starter

(( no worries! Glad you are back ! :) ))
Kotomi657 Topic Starter

(( I'm kinda busy today so continue your adventures at the store without Turuilla! Let's say she's tagging along. Also feel free to add in your own ideas too))
Kotomi657 Topic Starter

((No worries! I wanted this to be a fun yet chill time for folks. Thanks for joining Jalie and adding in stuff!))
Jalie (played by Jellopolie)

Kotomi657 wrote:
((No worries! I wanted this to be a fun yet chill time for folks. Thanks for joining Jalie and adding in stuff!))

((No problem, thanks for having me!))
Jonathan (played by ForeverDreamer)

(( Hehe...you really want to know, huh...? Well...alright then... Don't say I didn't warn anyone and everyone involved ;) ))

"What do I fear...? Well...that's a good question... Well, the fact that I don't know all of my memories is pretty frightening...but... Knowing that I have missing memories still isn't the main cause...it's what is it is the main factor..." said Jonathan as he then looks at his locket "...And I think this locket holds the key to it all...the last bit of missing memories that's locked away... I'm...scared... Scared of whatever I find out about this locket is going to cause a lot of pain and problems for everyone involved...but if it's going to help us escape this world to get back home...then..."

Jonathan then focuses his mana again into the locket, trying to force it open. Once again the locket tries to shock Jonathan out into not forcing the locket open...but this time he manages to fight through the painful shocks as it constantly produces a lot of sparks that everyone can see... Jonathan does his best to keep his distance from everyone as the sparks continue to arc out all over the place in order to not let anyone be hit by a stray bolt. As Jonathan continues to fight the locket in order to force it open, the magical levels begin to constantly raise...light at first, but then even the most pure human can feel the strange magical sensations even by being somewhat close to Jonathan... Jonathan had to fight to fight the locket a little more than three minutes, each minute that went by the struggle and sparks get more and more intense...until suddenly it all stops and Jonathan lost his grip on the locket; even it's neck chain was destroyed in the aftermath... Jonathan's locket fell on the bed...as then a distinct click was heard as the cover slowly opens... Inside Jonathan's locket there was a picture...a picture of him, and someone else...a woman... The woman looked very beautiful with her blue hair, blue eyes, and wearing the most majestic dress as if she's a princess. The two were smiling happily in the picture.

When Jonathan slowly goes up to open locket to see what's inside...

"There's a picture in here... That's me on the left, and...who's this...? This woman...why is she--wait...hold on... This person...this woman... something about her looks so...familiar..." said Jonathan

It's like Jonathan's entire view went completely dark...nothing but the creepy black emptiness around him... The silence was both eerie and frightful...even outside Jonathan looked like he was frozen in time...soon having a creepy confused dour look on his face... Slowly the memories was starting to appear in his deep conscious mind, bits and pieces but it was more than enough for Jonathan to connect the dots...he knows this woman, she was his alchemy partner for many years even when starting out his alchemy career... It starts off when Jonathan first rescue her from a pack of monsters while out gathering ingredients during a class assignment; then the two decide to be alchemy partners with him act as a bodyguard while the woman enrolled into the academy; as time went by the duo meet all sorts of interesting people that affected the course of alchemy schooling years, eventually graduating and attending another academy as an additional assistant bodyguard, and then graduated from there too. Eventually the duo soon went their separate ways, but still keeps in contact with everyone now and then, even having a big reunion that he has planned which it was definitely the best and happiest day of their own lives...but it was then soon afterwards it took a very drastic and dark turn...

The last bit of memories that Jonathan would remember, he would then relive all of that very vividly like he was back in time...and during that time...

"******, we managed to stop the Genesis from moving, but... It's only a matter of time before it wakes up again to try and destroy both my world and the mana world... If it wakes up again...we won't be able to stop it...not on our own... We're both at our limits, and have very little supplies left in order to sustain ourselves...also that fight went on for nearly eight hours, non-stop... Heh...it reminded me so much that one when I had to fight all of those punis while taking Puniyo's place along with Raze and the Taro Brothers...of course the Genesis is way worse than all of that times one hundred...and it's just only one big enemy..." said Jonathan, chuckling at the end since he was trying to make a joke despite being in such a perilous situation that may spiral out of control soon...

Soon a woman appears magically besides Jonathan as she fells to her knees and was panting rather heavily...

"Yeah, I know you're tired too, ******... For you to manage to stick by me all of this time, even though you don't do any of the actual fighting yourself, you definitely went way beyond the call of duty...I hope I didn't rung you completely dry on your mana..." said Jonathan

"...I'll...be fine... I just...need to...rest..." said the woman

"You need more than just rest, ******..." said Jonathan as he then opens up his pouch to take out a powerful elixir for the woman to take and drink "Take it, and drink it. I won't take no for an answer..."

"But...isn't that your..." asked the woman

"I still got more, and even then I got other potions still that can help with the healing and mana regeneration. Just take it..." said Jonathan

"...I'm so sorry, Jonathan..." said the woman as she then slowly and weakly takes the elixir out of Jonathan's hands and drinks it

"Don't be." said Jonathan

As much as the two would've gotten a break from all of the fighting they had to go through...unfortunately the Genesis is starting to slowly wake up again...

"Ah, dammit it all! It's waking up a lot more sooner than I expected!" said Jonathan as he then thinks very deeply on what to do in this situation "Both of us are very tired, and no one can really come to our aid in this situation...everyone else is fighting their own battles to prevent both worlds from being overrun and destroyed...we're truly all alone out here with this guy... Everyone believes in us, we can't let everyone down... But...even with all of our efforts...we just can't put him down for good... It's like the both of the Mana Kings has said...the Genesis is truly unstoppable once it's activated...and even worse there's no absolute way to stop it... If that's the case, then I think there's only one way I can think up...naturally this will definitely kill me, but if it'll save ******, everyone else, and both our worlds...then it's a very small price to pay...even if it means that it'll make everyone else really sad in the end...especially..."

As the Genesis was recovering, even the woman can see how very desperate and despair the situation is...and though she couldn't read Jonathan's thoughts, she knew what was likely going to happen... But instead she has other plans...

"Jonathan, we have to act now before it fully recovers and moves again! Right now it's at it's most vulnerable!" cried the woman

"I know...and I think I know how we can put it down for good, but... You're not going to like this idea...I'm sure you know what I'm talking about..." said Jonathan

"...The forbidden final technique that costs the user's life..." said the woman

"...It had to be done... I'm so sorry for everyone back at home, but...if this could save everyone, then..." said Jonathan

"...I know..." said the woman

"But of course who I should be really sorry to is--" said Jonathan as he then slowly looks at the woman

The woman soon gets up and gently floats to hug Jonathan really snuggly.

"...I know...and I understand..." said the woman

"...I love you, ******..." said Jonathan

"And I love you back, Jonathan..." said the woman

Without saying or doing anything more, the two resolve themselves to their fates in one final and desperate act. Jonathan uses up not only his all of his mana energy but also life energy itself to power up and down one final attack before the Genesis could wake up...but doing the process of this final gambit, the woman had other plans in store, but in fact she had knew this was going to happen...as what Jonathan didn't know is that this technique actually sacrifices the mana's life instead of the partners... As the technique was implemented on it's final stages, Jonathan then notices something was very wrong, he didn't feel as much pain as he expected him to go through...and it was then that he sees the woman in front of him between both him and the Genesis...for the last time...

"******?! What are you doing?" asked Jonathan

"Saving both you and everyone else. I'm...so sorry, Jonathan... I held back this important piece of information because I knew if you know the full truth behind it that you'll had never attempted to use this technique..." said the woman

"You held back some important information about the technique?! What are you--" said Jonathan as he then caught on which made him realize in absolute horror "NO!! ******!! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!!"

"It's the only way... I wanted you and the others to live in a world full with peace and fun for the rest of your days...this was my destiny from the very beginning as both a pure mana and mana princess with the role as oracle..." said the woman

"NO!! No...please...no... What's a world where you're not in it? If you were to go this far...I'm going down with you, no matter what you say...!" said Jonathan angrily

"I'm afraid that's impossible...this technique requires a mana's soul to use..." said the woman as she then lets out a sigh "Let's keep this short...the longer we go, the more painful it's going to be for the both of us..."

"******!!" cried Jonathan

"Goodbye...Jonathan...my one true love..." said the woman

"******!! Au****!! Auro**!! AURORAAAAA!!" cried Jonathan

And at that point, the vision stops within Jonathan's mind...and with that he managed to regain all of his memories, all of his past experiences when it comes to his alchemist career...and even more important remembering the woman that he had loved dearly even if she was a mana and him a human... It was then that things then soon started to take a turn for the worse... Just as Ren, Azumi, and Futaba got better and more powerful...the exact opposite happened with Jonathan as then his mana started to flow out of control in a hazy red aura surrounding, causing reddish-black ice to form around him and encroaching the bedroom fast while also making the room colder really fast...

"A living nightmare? How interesting. How wonderful."

As things continue to develop, definitely spiraling out of control, Jonathan's body soon started to change... His long coat soon changed into armor...but the color is different from what he normally seen in; from blue shades to red shades...

"Aurora... Aurora... Auroraaaaaaa!!" cried Jonathan, getting even louder and louder

Soon, without any warning, Jonathan would brandish his magical sword...and proceeds to attack anyone on sight...! Futaba was first on his sights!

(( Sorry for the very long post, but I feel like I had to put in the middle part as context to the "living nightmare" that Jonathan is suffering from, and is the main cause of his memory loss; and as such it can be skipped over. And, yes, I was planning on having him to fight everyone at some point, but I didn't expect to force it this soon. XD ))
Kotomi657 Topic Starter

((Sorry ya'll i've been pretty busy and not able to really keep up! Please continue on without Turuilla though and feel free to do whatever you'd like with the sandman. Let your creativity run wild! ))
Jonathan (played by ForeverDreamer)

(( Yeah, that's the plan. From what I marginally understand about how this story works is I'm sure the sandman is designed to only attack at night...or at least it's stronger and more dangerous at night... So I was planning on making my fight last long enough to switch it to a day cycle where everyone can group up, find a new hideout, gather resources, and plan their next move before the next night cycle...of which we can freely implement since I figured Kotomi would've probably allowed us to have more freedom with it... Either way she's allowing us to develop the story on our own, so... ))

With Ren's Azido spell hitting the black shadowy figured above Jonathan, his attack immediately stops and fades away instantly as Jonathan looks up to see the black shadowy figure falling and fading away slowly. From everyone's point of view, they can only see the black shadowy figure; but in Jonathan's eyes, it was naturally playing tricks on him to make it believe that it was actually Aurora...which is definitely not far from the truth as it was the root cause of his rampage, and it's now the ultimate end to this long and vicious fight... Seeing the black shadowy figure falling, Jonathan reached out to grab it while crying out Aurora's name...only to stop and freeze like a statue, his mind is once again being teleported into someplace else, and this time both Jalie and Futaba won't be able to see what's going on in Jonathan's mind and are immediately forced out safely... Jonathan finds himself in a completely white space around him, alone at first but then a familiar face magically soon appeared before him...

"Aurora..." said Jonathan

"Jonathan..." said Aurora

"Aurora...I...I..." muttering Jonathan as he was starting to cry again

"It's okay...it's okay... It's not your fault for anything that happened...after my pasting..." said Aurora

"B-But, Aurora...why...? Why did you had to sacrifice yourself to teleport the Genesis within the void...? Why...did you have to leave me...all alone...?" said Jonathan as he then falls on his knees and starts to really cry

Aurora then floats on over and hugs Jonathan in order to try and comfort him.

"You're never truly alone, not now and definitely not ever in the future. You have so many people who worried about you back at home...and now you have wonderful friends here that can help you through your fears..." said Aurora

"But without you being there with me...do you know how much your death made me suffer...? The last two weeks before this happened...I...felt like I couldn't go on living anymore... I even tried committing suicide a few times...but I ultimately didn't go through with it... I ran away from all my friends...I couldn't bear to see them... My heart was truly broken...even wandering the world in solitude was painful..." said Jonathan

"But Jonathan...even if I'm dead, I'll never be truly gone... Even in death, as long as you hold to me deep within your heart in remembrance, I'll always still be their with you...just only in spirit..." said Aurora

"But that's not enough, Aurora!! I need you here with me!! Talking to me!! Touching me!! And even...kissing me..." said Jonathan, angrily at first, but then got quiet and was crying again

Then suddenly Aurora manages to kiss Jonathan square in the lips, which majorly shocked him. The kiss was long as both really got into it.

"But...but how...?" cried Jonathan

"As I said before, as long as you hold me strongly within your heart, I'll always be there with you. You understand that clearly...even from the very beginning, right...?" said Aurora

"......I sort of had a feeling... Despite you being physically gone that you were somehow there watching me...in spirit... You were...suffering just as much as I was...all because of my actions...right...?" said Jonathan

"I know how tough it was to remain strong, and yourself, after leaving you alone all this time...especially since we were lovers... But even you know that not everything lasts forever...nor that we can make them to be..." said Aurora

".......I know..." said Jonathan

"And just like now since I'm gone that there's now a big void within your heart, you now have others to help you fill that void instead. You're truly kind and helpful...the life I spent with you as your mana was truly the happiest in my whole life..." said Aurora

"...Aurora...I'm so sorry... I've lost my way...crying in despair...angry with everyone, including my friends...wandering the world all alone in pain and suffering... How can you really forgive me...?" said Jonathan

"Of course, I'll forgive you...because I know you... You'll be strong and get through both this and when you get back together..." said Aurora as she then gives Jonathan one last kiss goodbye "And I'll be always there with you...watching... Until the end of your days when eventually we'll meet again..."

The black shadowy figure falling in front of Jonathan soon turned into white beautiful magic sparkles as then Jonathan falls on both knees planted on the ground, looking at the ground all slumped over, tears streaming down his face again.

"......I was weak... Too weak to face my fear..." said Jonathan

Jonathan's armor soon turned from red back to blue along with his magical aura doing the same as it then turned quiet. And with it the morning sun was raising after the long battle, the sandman's attack would've stopped at this point as morning coming around, only becoming strong and active during the night.

(( I'm sure everyone doesn't mind for the story to develop in such a way that the sandman can only be active and attack people during nights, so they're safe during the day. ))
Kotomi657 Topic Starter

((Thank you Futaba!! I'm back to play villain for alittle. I don't know people's fears so I can't have the sandman say the right thing potentially but I shall try haha ))
Kotomi657 Topic Starter

((Thank you for joining my little idea and making it fun ;u;. Also I am working so haven't had the time to read all this and post for the sandman haha buut...will do after work! Apologies))
Kotomi657 Topic Starter

((I just came back to play villain for alittle and exit Turuilla. No pain on her end just asleep!! But ya'll can continue now :) ))
((Is this open? And if so, do any of one mind a deranged killer?))
Astrobeans wrote:
((Is this open? And if so, do any of one mind a deranged killer?))

((Yes it is open. I am okay with it, but make sure to check with everyone else.))
((Alright. I'll wait for approval from the others.))
( howdy i was hoping to join in on this role play if not i understand ^w^)
Jalie (played by Jellopolie)

((You're free to join, just a heads up tho, it's been a bit slow recently))
((I am going to delete Alice. Is it okay if I replace her with a new character?))
((Hey, just letting y'all know that I'm taking a small break til January 1st.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Our pain filled dream 🩷

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus