Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » What are you doing tonight?

I will be eating a baked potato and watching either Elemental or Mario Brothers (nostalgic). What about you?
I will be cranking out some replies I owe. 🙈 Got sideswiped by writers block midway through some posts but I've got some spoons now!

I hope your potato was lovely, how was the movie? I've heard good things about both Elemental and Mario.
Last night I put together some lego and lurked in a stream.

Tonight I'm playing Palia and eating a massive salad. (It has 4 kinds of meat on it, it's probably not a salad anymore...)
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

SmaugtheKitty wrote:
I will be cranking out some replies I owe. 🙈 Got sideswiped by writers block midway through some posts but I've got some spoons now!

I hope your potato was lovely, how was the movie? I've heard good things about both Elemental and Mario.

Thanks--the potato was pretty good, actually; it had both cheese and sour cream, so not bad.

I did watch the Mario movie, although it wasn't on this day after all. I just saw it last night. I enjoyed it.. although for some reason I thought it would be a more complicated plot (not sure why I thought this, considering the game plot is pretty straightforward, after all!).

So it felt a little formulaic, but....well, heck, it's a cartoon! And also a kid's movie. Ok...but looking PAST that -- I think they did a great job not messing up a fan favorite. I played a LOT of Super Mario Brothers as a kid, and it had plenty of winks and nods to people like me. The music from every Mario game I can think of was in the score, for example.

So you're like, "Hey! There's the theme from Bowser's castle!" Or, "Hey! There's the theme from Dr. Mario!" Also hilarious was Jack Black as Bowser. That's got to be my favorite part. When he gets a bit silly, it is hilarious.

So I recommend Mario--but not for $15 a head at the theater. Maybe for $6 from Vudu is worth it, though.

Still haven't seen Elemental.

Aardbei wrote:

Tonight I'm playing Palia and eating a massive salad. (It has 4 kinds of meat on it, it's probably not a salad anymore...)

Sounds nice. Especially that first sentence--sounds relaxing. And I hope your salad was good. Or...your...open-faced, breadless 4-meat sandwich? :)
spending time on the laptop to write while watching shows with my pardner

new eps we have to catch up on together like What We Do In The Shadows and Good Omens 2 and Only Murders In the Building, rewatching Our Flag Means Death in preparation for october 8D

we have a local smallfarm deli that sells supernutritous organmeat, so probably put that in a pasta sauce and add to rotinis. (i plan to sort the kitchen too but yolo)

oven wrote:
spending time on the laptop to write while watching shows with my pardner

new eps we have to catch up on together like What We Do In The Shadows and Good Omens 2 and Only Murders In the Building, rewatching Our Flag Means Death in preparation for october 8D

we have a local smallfarm deli that sells supernutritous organmeat, so probably put that in a pasta sauce and add to rotinis. (i plan to sort the kitchen too but yolo)

Nice. I've seen some episodes of Only Murders in the Building. Such fun.
it's a good dadshow! made by dads for dads lol

tonight we harassed the cats with undercoat brush-outs for the seasonal explosion of shed, they are so sleek and soft now and full of overstimmed zoomies and man it is good to be alive.

oven wrote:
it's a good dadshow! made by dads for dads lol

tonight we harassed the cats with undercoat brush-outs for the seasonal explosion of shed, they are so sleek and soft now and full of overstimmed zoomies and man it is good to be alive.

"Dadshow!" - I like it.

Sounds great! Pets with zoomies are so fun to watch.
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Aardbei wrote:

Sounds nice. Especially that first sentence--sounds relaxing. And I hope your salad was good. Or...your...open-faced, breadless 4-meat sandwich? :)

It had croutons on it so it might count as a minced sandwich honestly.

Aardbei wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Aardbei wrote:

Lol

Aardbei wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Aardbei wrote:

I know, right. Everything is just whatever word we decide to call it. Most things are some version of bread, vegetables, sauce, cheese, and meat LOL. From pizzas to tacos to gyros to hamburgers to quesadillas to enchiladas. That's my take on it anyways. But since I let myself go on that tangent I'll go ahead and also add what I'm doing tonight. I'm...hmm... I'm sitting in my car in front of work getting some down-time with the radio before driving home. Ciao.
It's Friday here so weekend is around the corner! Woohoo! I'm going to continue playing the games I paused on weekdays.

jennaisante wrote:
It's Friday here so weekend is around the corner! Woohoo! I'm going to continue playing the games I paused on weekdays.

Wooho! Have fun!

jennaisante wrote:

Woohoo indeed! Have fun.
Catching up on roleplays, lighting incense, resting up. Maybe taking a walk. I gotta charge my batteries.
Tonight is Grillgiving, a fictional holiday my GF and I made up! Hers is Coffeefest, on the third Saturday on October. On Grillgiving I get to BBQ, no matter the weather, and up on the menu tonight are corn ribs (credits to Banshee for inspiring me huehueuhe) and a variety of (veg) meat! After that I’ll prolly just chill, that’s needed also on weekend days.

GarnaalProductions wrote:
Tonight is Grillgiving, a fictional holiday my GF and I made up! Hers is Coffeefest, on the third Saturday on October. On Grillgiving I get to BBQ, no matter the weather, and up on the menu tonight are corn ribs (credits to Banshee for inspiring me huehueuhe) and a variety of (veg) meat! After that I’ll prolly just chill, that’s needed also on weekend days.

Hahaha...I LOVE it. Grillgiving. And Coffeefest. But especially Grillgiving...I love the ring it has to it in particular. The grill giveth the food.

*Looks up corn ribs*

Oh my GOSH do those look delicious!! 😮

The pictures of seasonings and garlic butter on corn just helped cement my plans for tonight. I was on the fence about going out to eat to this birthday dinner vs staying home, but now I'm craving a delicious appetizer enough that I'm probably going to go~

Banshee wrote:
Catching up on roleplays, lighting incense, resting up. Maybe taking a walk. I gotta charge my batteries.

May you find it restoring. 🕯️

Abigail_Austin wrote:
Banshee wrote:

May you find it restoring. 🕯️

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » What are you doing tonight?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus