Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The police department Open to all))

Aunn nodded and walked over to where Ren described, taking a peek around to get herself familiar with the station. She found her new desk quite easily, though. However, it didn't seem like she cared about it as much as her new co workers. She walked over to Alyusha's desk and looked over her shoulder for a while before introducing herself. "Hey there," she nearly whispered, still exuding excitement. "I'm new here, and I was wondering where I could get started?"
Shepard (played anonymously)

“Ma’am, I was in the military if that makes sense.” Shepard closed his eyes while smiling fondly. “When I first met him, I thought he was some snot nosed brat who got lucky. He rose pretty quickly. I thought he wasn’t worth salt. Then I found out how far he’s willing to go, how kind he is. Though he tends to hid it, not very well.” Shepard stood up and saluted her.“Understood ma’am.” He left to her file.

For a moment he almost thought she had their case. Shepard shook his head. Left the room and stomped over to Ren. He grabbed under his jacket collar. “Ooh, you’re deep….” Shepard didn’t finish, as he casted a weary eye on the kid, He then switched his attention to Ren. “You got side tracked didn’t you? Go ask Bea what you wanted, leave the kid alone. You probably traumatized her all you need is the candy.”
Ren Haruno or Yakimura (played by Sinceritymornings) Topic Starter

The chief wandered out his office and seen Aunn Tallspine. He motioned at her to come here. Everyone the girl behind Alyusha is Aunn Tallspine. She came highly recommended even though she is a greenhorn. Give her a nice welcome. When you’re finished Miss Aunn, come see me.” The chief walked backed into his office.

A bunch of Detectives clapped a few came up to Aunn to introduce,
themselves and then wandered away.
Alyusha Korxanadu Sakurai (played anonymously)

As Alyusha spoke to the blonde woman, she felt someone peering over her shoulder. It was kind of bothering her, but she wanted to finish what she had to say to the woman first. And then, as she finished asking her question, the entity who was peering over her quietly spoke to her, greeting her and asking her where she could get started.

"Eh?" Alyusha said as she raised an eyebrow and turned to face whoever it was.

Alyusha's eyes travelled from head to toe and back up to her head again to meet her eyes, scanning over her. Alyusha cracked a small, amused smile. It wasn't often that Alyusha was approached outside the context of work. Must be the horns. Or her RBF.

"Well hello there, young miss." Alyusha greeted.

She didn't recognize this girl, but assumed she was new to the force. Of course, part of that was because she asked her where she could get started. Alyusha opened her mouth to say something, but just before any sound could escape her mouth, the Chief came out and announced the girl's presence and name. Alyusha let out a small laugh and turned her head to the side. That was so like the Chief to just up and out someone like that and then disappear. Once he finished his small speech and the others gave her the 5 seconds of fame before returning to work, Alyusha shook her head a little, shaking off laughing and then met Aunn's eyes.

"Well, I guess we know each other's names now." Alyusha told her, "Now don't let the horns, red hair or slit eyes throw you off. If there's something I can do for you, just ask. I don't bite. Hard. Unless that's what you like."

Alyusha then gave her a playful wink before looking towards the Chief's office.

"Guess you'd better do what he says lest he come out here and introduce you a second time to low-key make you report to his office double-time." she half-joked, "I'm sure he'll tell you exactly where you could get started. If not, you could ask me or anyone, really. Most of us are pretty friendly. Afterall, we're all part of the same dysfunctional family, er, I mean team."
Aunn reciprocated Alyusha's grin in a way that seemed a little eerie. "That's funny," she replied. "I look forward to get to know you." She turned and took a few steps before adding, "And by the way, I dig your look. Makes you stand out." She winked and walked away, to the chief's office. "You wanted to see me, sir?" she asked nervously. Aunn didn't know why he called her here. He wouldn't know what she really was, would he?
"Yes I will stay. You can call me Vanille." Vanille drew a genuine smile on the officer who treated them nice. She looks back to Kaela who seems already calmed down, surrounded with the nice officer made her feel safe. "I found Kaela just two blocks from here as I was about to do grocery shopping. Judging from her clothes, I think her house must be not far from here. I mean, she wore some casual clothes, not that bling bling stuff for parties." Vanille said, trying to help the officer.

Kaela then nodded along and try to speak. "My home. After the swings." Kaela said eagerly. "She must mean the playground. Is there any playground nearby here?" Vanille raised her eyebrow.

Ren tilted his head up and glared at shepard. “Let me go,” he demanded softly.

Ren turned his attention back to Kaela and Vanille. “There is and I’m going to take you all there.”

Bea overheard and whipped her head around almost taking out the screen. “That’s not protocol!”

Ren winked. “ It will be fine, I will take her there my self. I’ll take pictures and everything.”

Bea’s lip curled. “Fine.”

Chief

“Miss Aunn tailspin I want to personally welcome you aboard. Due to your recommendation you can skip shadowing a group of officers, you can choose to work a file. We have a robbery, a carjacking, and a murder. If you wish to shadow, you may do so.”

Shepard reluctantly released Ren. He reached up and scratched the back of his head. “Hey I’ll cover for you, but you gotta buy me a drink at some point.”

He then wondered away toward the bullpen. Shepard sniffed lightly. He chuckled new meat…
Ren Haruno or Yakimura wrote:
“Miss Aunn tailspin I want to personally welcome you aboard. Due to your recommendation, you can skip shadowing a group of officers, you can choose to work a file. We have a robbery, a carjacking, and a murder. If you wish to shadow, you may do so.”

Aunn nodded. "I'll focus on... the murder," she said, aware of the fact that she was viewed as inexperienced due to her recent hiring. "I used to work on that kind of stuff during my time before all this." She waited nervously for the chief's response.

The chief smiled at her. His eyes twinkled “I figured you say that. Now it’s best to work in pairs if you can. But if you don’t feel comfortable. I do not blame you. Things were difficult for you weren’t they? I want you to know, I’m on your side. I got your back. If you feel any sort of threat from any department you can come to me. I know it’s been hard,” the chief said softly.

“I don’t usually do this Miss Tailspin, but you seem like the type to need a pep talk. You get out there, do your best, and don’t be afraid to ask for help.” The chief handed her the murder file. Your lieutenant from now on will give your case.”

(((If you want you can control what is in that file. You may decide what happened, how to go about the investigation. All those juicy details. I can also lay out the murder and you can go from there.)))
Aunn scowled a little. "My name isn't Tailspin, it's Tallspine," she corrected curtly. "And I'm sure I can handle this myself. I've handled a lot worse before." She gave a respectful nod to the chief and walked to her desk, taking a file with her. She sat down heavily and got to work.

"Victim is an elf of relatively high standing," Aunn muttered to herself. "Lots of suspects, he screwed a few over on some business deals." She flipped a page. "Looks like we already have some." She looked up at the people seated around her, but decided against asking for help.

Alyusha watched Aunn with amusement as she made her way into the Chief's office.

'Looks like we might have someone who's fun and not so serious in the office. Finally.' she thought to herself.

She laughed a little, shook her head and then turned back to face her desk. Now that the morning pomp and circumstance seemed to be dying down, it was time to get to work for real now. She reached into her belt pouch with her personal things and pulled out her phone and earbuds case, popping the left one into her ear, leaving the other one in the case so she could hear anything going on in the office.

She then started one of her flamenco Spotify playlists, Paco de Lucia starting it off. She always had a fascination with flamenco since she was young and recently took up flamenco dance lessons over the past year. Sure, it was funny to watch her stumble around due to her taller frame and longer limbs, but she was getting better and there was just something about it that spoke to her.

Nevertheless, she then opened one of her desk drawers and pulled out a bag of half-eaten jerky and pulled a piece out and popped the whole thing in her mouth. She always kept a few bags of jerky in her desk, her favorite snack by a country mile. Seriously, if someone saw her snacking on something, it was usually a bag of jerky in one hand and a strip of jerky she was tearing away at in the other. Sometimes homemade, sometimes not.

After taking another gulp from her coffee can, now halfway through, she pulled out a bigger strip of jerky from the bag and then started going through the files again. For the most part, she wasn't really going over the details of the papers just yet, just trying to sort out priorities. But at some point, something caught her eye.

"Wait a minute…what the hell?" Alyusha murmured under her breath as she squinted her eyes and studied the paper, "Glynis Yarborough? Hold up…"

She then reached into her files cabinet under her desk and searched through it until she pulled out a case file stamped 'UNSOLVED' and pulled it out and began flipping through it. She went through most of it before stopping on a page towards the end and her eyes scanned it over carefully.

"Glynis…Glynis…Ladai. Glynis. Mm-hmm…" she said to herself.

She then reached into her file cabinet to pull out another file and began flipping through it and stopped at a page in the middle, looking it over.

"Damn. I need something from the archives." she growled under her breath.

She looked in the direction of the police archives and bit her lower lip. Alyusha wasn't sure if she had the right clearance to access that part of the archives but…it was worth a shot. Maybe they'd not give her a hard time.

She got up from her desk, finishing up the strip of jerky she had in her hand and then made her way over toward the archives. On the way, she passed Aunn and saw that she was already getting to work.

"He put you to work right away, huh? Congrats. I think." Alyusha said, chuckling a little at the end.

"I gotta hit the archives, but I'd like to remind you that if you need help, any of us are willing to help. I was new once, too." Alyusha said to her.

With that she gave her a gracious smile and then made her way to the police archives.

As Shepard walked back to the bullpen he seen Alyusha leaving her desk for another area. His eyes darted around landing on the new girl. She seemed determined. What a good kid. He chuckled lightly. “I’m not going to disturb her.”

Shepard walked over to his desk and sat down.
Sinceritymornings Topic Starter

(( My apologies, I didn’t realize I missed the e at the end of your last name. My keyboard is a little funky. I always try to keep a look out. If I miss something I apologize. I usually reread my post, before posting, and still end up editing afterward.I sure you it wasn’t done on purpose.

My keyboard is not sensitive, it might because of my phone screen protector. Some of the words or letters I miss were typed in. I’m watching the keyboard and not the screen. Due to my ADHD my brain comprehends the word as being there when I read it.))
((It's fine I thought the chief was being a D lol ))

((OOc I didn’t mean to kill it. We’re just going to keep the chief.))

The chief peeked out of his office Alyusha gone from her desk and Ren wasn’t back. He shook his head. The chief stepped out of his office and headed to the reception. His eyes caught sight of Ren with the two girls. “Bea what’s he doing?”

Bea not realizing the chief was there took a drink. She choked spitting it out. “Chief,” she stammered. “The little girl is lost.”

“Not his department,” the chief uttered. “I should stick him back on the beat.”

((Doing my part to try to keep it alive :) ))

Alyusha made her way into the Archives area and made her way over to the Records Clerk, a Borzoi man.

"Farley, I need your help." Alyusha said.

Farley let out a startled yelp and began choking and coughing, setting down his water bottle and trying to catch his breath.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to startle you." Alyusha apologized as she patted his back.

Farley shook his head as he thumped his chest to clear the water that got lodged in his throat.

"It's fine." he raspily said in between coughs.

After calming down, he looked up at Alyusha.

"Hey, Red. What can I do for you today?" he inquired as he straightened himself out.

"I'm working on the Langdon case now but-..." she said before she was cut off.

"You? The Langdon case? Someone either really hates you and wants to see you out or has a whole lot of faith in you and wants to see you rise." Farley chuckled, "And honestly, neither of them are good. No offense, of course."

"None taken." Alyusha shrugged, "I kinda figured that when the LT slapped that monstrosity of a file folder onto my desk."

"Anyways, I cut you off. You were saying?"

"No worries. But I think I might have found crossover with another unrelated case. Unlikely, I know, but sometimes, when you get a feeling, you have to go with it." Alyusha told him, "So is there anything I'm able to access from the Connor-Day case?"

"The Connor-Day case? Yeah, unlikely is the right word." Farley mused, "But…let's see what I can pull up here."

He then began typing away at the computer. Meanwhile, Alyusha just remembered that she still had her earbuds in and paused her music and pulled them out and held them in her hands as she waited.

"I heard that there's a new girl here." Farley said, his eyes not leaving the computer screen.

"Yeah. I only spoke with her for a few minutes, but she seems cool. I like her already." Alyusha replied.

"Does she drink? You should invite the new girl out tonight!" Farley said, "You are going tonight, right?"

"Most likely. And I intend to invite her, but I'll ask her a little later." Alyusha told him, "She looks like she's real busy right now and ain't gonna be talkin' for a while."

"Really?" Farley said, "The Chief put her to work right away?"

"Yeah, apparently she passed muster out the gate. Kinda pisses me off that I had to go through the whole indoc routine but I guess that's fair. I wouldn't trust a Marine to not screw things up, either." Alyusha mused, "Not many things are Marine-proof here in the civilian world."

A few more moments of silent typing passed over before finally, there was a hit.

"Ah, here we go." Farley said.

"Whaddaya got?" Alyusha asked as she leaned over his shoulder.

"Well, I can share these crime scene photos and preliminary autopsy report with you along with a few eyewitness accounts and news articles, but that's as far as your clearance takes you." Farley explained as he turned the screen slightly more towards her, "This case is currently under investigation by Lee and Carter, I think"

Farley typed a few keys on the keyboard.

"No. Ren and Shepard. Huh. Well alright, that case must've been reassigned some time ago." Farley mused aloud before turning and looking up at Alyusha, "So if you need anything more, you'll have to go ask one of them."

"Gotcha." Alyusha said as she looked over the bits of information on the screen.

Her eyes narrowed as she looked at some of the photos and skimmed the autopsy report before placing a hand on Farley's shoulder.

"Could you send me everything I can get to my secure inbox?" Alyusha asked.

"Sure. Just let me run through the hoops and SOP and everything I can give you will be in your inbox within the hour." Farley nodded.

"Thanks, Farley." Alyusha thanked.

She then turned around and left the Archives, returning to her desk and placing her earbuds aside as she grabbed another strip of jerky from the bag and looked around as she took a bite. She may have to ask Ren and/or Shepard for more info if her suspicions proved correct. She took a swig from her coffee can to wash down the bits, almost done with the can at this point.

Shepard wide eyed watch the chief leave his office. Then the return of Alyusha. She seemed down. “ Let me warn my partner and then I’ll see what’s bugging you. Also share your jerky I need meat. I had a day.” Shepard pulled out his cell phone and quickly called ren after a few moments of back and forth. He hung up.

Shepard stood and approached Alyusha. “What’s up. Please can I have a piece. I’ll buy you a brand new bag.”

((Whoo. Long weekend for me. Glad that's over lol))

"You had a day?" Alyusha chuckled, "My man, it ain't even lunch time yet."

Not wanting to nurse her ever-warming coffee any further, Alyusha decided to just finish off her can. While not as bad as warm beer since coffee could be at any temp, cold coffee that went warm was not something that she cared very much for. If she wanted hot coffee, she would've made hot coffee. If she wanted cold coffee then by God she wanted coffee that was cold. She then flattened the can between her hands, which was impressive considering that it was a steel can and not aluminum. She may have been lanky as hell and picked on for having no chest or ass but she had that Demon strength, even if she hadn't gone berserk - though of course it went up when she did. She then looked over at the trash can across the way several desks over and narrowed her eyes.

"Yo Shep, watch this." Alyusha said to Shepard.

She quickly "calculated the trajectory in her head" and then tossed the can.

"KOBE!" she exclaimed as she threw the can.

That made some of the others look in her direction and then the can as it sailed through the air. And into the can it landed. She then pumped her fist in the air in victory as a few of the others gave her a little golf clap before getting back to work. Could she have just thrown it into the trash can that was at her desk? Of course. Would it have been nearly as fun? Of course not. She then spun around in her chair to face Shepard as he came up to her, grabbing her bag of jerky and, after taking a piece out for herself, held the bag out to him for him to take some.

"Take as much as you'd like. Mi jerky es tu jerky." Alyusha told him in an awful Spanish accent and not even knowing the word for jerky.

"As for what's up with me, nothing much. What's up with you? Why are you having a day?"
( howdy i was hoping i could join into this role play if not i understand no worrys ^w^

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The police department Open to all))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus