Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Heya! New meat here!

Recently discovered this site from my boyfriend, and it looks really promising! I would love to eventually flesh out a few characters of mine, met new friends/partners, and just have a good time. Wished there was more to say, but I'm just a bit shy.

I've yet to work on my first character's profile, but if you're curious or just want to talk OOC, feel free to shoot me a message!
No need to be shy. :) Everyone here is pretty friendly. So welcome!
Katskratch Topic Starter

Novalyyn wrote:
No need to be shy. :) Everyone here is pretty friendly. So welcome!
Thank you! Still getting used to the layout and such. Trying to make another character of mine, but can't find the page for it. Now, I do know there IS some sort of limit, but I'm curious to know how many characters you can have at a time.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it out myself! Seems like I can make 10, which is plenty for me.
^_^ welcome to the RPR.
Welcome! I'm relatively new here, too! But if you need any help, I think I know some people who can give you pointers! Or just ask anybody else, and they'd be glad to help, because everyone here is awesome!
Katskratch wrote:
Thank you! Still getting used to the layout and such. Trying to make another character of mine, but can't find the page for it. Now, I do know there IS some sort of limit, but I'm curious to know how many characters you can have at a time.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it out myself! Seems like I can make 10, which is plenty for me.
Glad you found what you were looking for. ^^
Katskratch Topic Starter

Goodness, so many nice people! I'm so glad there's so many around, alive and kicking! ;w;
And thank you kindly for the offers! I'm doing alright by myself so far, and still having a lot of fun making the characters alone.
Yeah, I think this is where all the nice people on the internet hide. ^^
Welcome Katskratch! RPR is an amazing place--I've fallen in love with the many great people I've come to RP with and chat with in general.

I see you've already started with the character creations--it can be addicting! You can have up to 10 characters on the basic profile account. If you go "epic", you can add ten more (which stick around even if you run out of epic--although you can't edit them). And you can also buy "character slots", all of which can be found by going to "Dashboard" and then "Power Ups".

Happy character creating! :)
Hi Katskratch! Welcome to RPR! :) Your limit of 10 characters is only if you don't have a subscription. If you buy one ($5 a month--in one month, three month or a year increments) your limit will be 20 characters, plus the advertisements will disappear and you can make your page customized and colorful. You can also buy just slots, $3.75 for one, or $15 for five. None of this is required to use the site though, just some perks you can buy! :D

What types of RP do you like? If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! As you can see everyone is really friendly here :)
Katskratch Topic Starter

Loki wrote:
Hi Katskratch! Welcome to RPR! :) Your limit of 10 characters is only if you don't have a subscription. If you buy one ($5 a month--in one month, three month or a year increments) your limit will be 20 characters, plus the advertisements will disappear and you can make your page customized and colorful. You can also buy just slots, $3.75 for one, or $15 for five. None of this is required to use the site though, just some perks you can buy! :D

What types of RP do you like? If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! As you can see everyone is really friendly here :)
Thank you! I've already found out about the character limits, but a refresher is always welcomed! I might buy some slots in the near future, but I'm content with the slots I have now along with my current babies. C:

As for types of RP I like, I tend to enjoy action/adventure and fantasy a lot! I'm also down for sub-genres like steampunk and urban-fantasy. I'm pretty much open to any idea. I also do the occasional, consensual ERP, which I have yet to know about, yet get a good idea what to do about it. (Keep it private and away from the little ones, I assume!) If there's still things I should be aware of, feel free to let me know! Feels like I'm asking a bit too much for a newbie. ;w;
Wee, urban fantasyyy! ^^

And if anyone has the right to ask tons of questions, it's a newbie.

You are right about the ERP. Folks look for it openly, but it's done in PMs. Most of the rest of things can be found somewhere in the help section, but if you have other specific questions, you're always welcome to speak up. :)
Never too many questions! Novalynn is right in that ERP can take place in PMs, but it can also take place in groups that are properly tagged for that sort of content. It's also advisable to check on the age of a person you agree to play with because you can get into pretty big trouble irl for RPing that type of content with anybody under aged. Hope this helps! :)
Kim Site Admin

Boy am I late getting to this. This is what I get for traveling -- cool people sign up while I'm away! ;) Welcome to the site! So glad to see you getting to know people and getting your questions answered!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Heya! New meat here!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus