Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Feline Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Feline Symbol in Epic Week 2024. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Feline Symbol
Is there a way to determine how many times you've cared for pets?
Dragonfire Moderator

No, I don't think there is!
Gab

Humble and trusted warrior paired with these feline clues (sphinx and Feline Symbol) makes me think of the Warrior Cats series... gonna see about caring for my pets a little more!
Warrior Cats seems like a reasonable line of thinking from my brief research and hey, being old comes in handy for once! I don't know anything about Warrior Cats myself, but hopefully the clues get someone there!
Oh actually there might be something to how they're named. I was looking at a list of mentors that had two apprentices and Halftail stands out as having a name change after an injury, maybe it's whatever his name would've been had that not happened?
(Mild Warriors spoilers ahead!)

Gosh if you crack open the Warriors naming conventions we might be here all day - it’s usually either a promotion in rank or an indicator of injury or honored death.

The protag of the original series is Firepaw/-heart/-star BUT… if he wouldn’t have gone off with the feral cats, he would’ve stayed a kittypet named Rusty! (Try ‘kittypet’ or ‘Rusty?’)
The thing is, Firestar had three apprentices instead of two, but it might still be worth a shot putting his name in.
Halftail’s prefix also appears to be Sparrow, so that might be worth messing around too!
Yeah I thought maybe it might be Sparrow-something but no idea what the suffix would be. Didn't have time at 330 am to look for patterns there haha.
Another thought might be Tallstar? Mentor of two, a rather humble and trusted warrior, and he might have become a kittypet in another life
What about Graystripe? I don't know much, but I do know he met Firestar back when he was Rusty, and also was caught then given to a family where he met Millie. Surely he had some sort of kittypet name during that time?
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "Whitestar".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Ilmarinen, author of this riddle wrote:
This riddle is about the Warrior Cats book series by Erin Hunter. Firestar's deputy Whitestorm is trusted by his leader and clanmates, and mentors two apprentices. When a cat becomes a leader of a clan, the second part of their name becomes "star," and when they die, normally their deputy takes their place. So, Whitestorm might have become "Whitestar" if he hadn't died before Firestar.
Dragonfire Moderator

I have learned much about nonkittypets!
Ilmarinen Moderator

Great job!!

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Feline Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus