Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » [CANCELED] Design a Mascot contest

Thanks for the answer Sanne and Kim!

There are some people I know who might be interested in this, so I was just curious how the prizes would work.
Kim Site Admin

Let's be honest, if I can't get my act together to get it out before black Friday (not to mention Christmas) I should probably be sucker punched. :P
Oh crap I totally forgot about this! Almost had a heart-attack thinking it was due end of October, not end of November. XD

I really should work on this now...
Kim Site Admin

And since we were on the topic, buying other people gifts is indeed out now. XD
Kim wrote:

Yay! Lol!

Also, Kim, would it be allowed for Sanne to maybe bump this thread once a week? Otherwise I'm bound to forget it. I want to write my entry now, while I'm thinking about it, but I have a BIG test tomorrow that I need to spend my time prepping for. I know bumping is frowned upon, but would it be alright for this thread to be bumped once a week up to the deadline, just so people don't forget?

because...I'm fail and I know I would totally forget... because I already did. :x
Kim Site Admin

rules wrote:
"Bumping" is when someone makes a meaningless post in a thread in order to move it back to the top of a forum, such as simply saying the word "bump" or "up" without adding anything else to the conversation. [...] If you want to revive a conversation, say something interesting and relevant.

In other words, Sanne is totally free to provide occasional bits of encouragement, news updates, and even a rare reminder so long as it's relevant conversation. Just posting the word "bump" is still not happening, though. ;)
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

*badgers everyone into joining* >:(

*inserts the word 'BUMP' to be a rebel* :D
CelestinaGrey wrote:
Kim wrote:

Yay! Lol!

Also, Kim, would it be allowed for Sanne to maybe bump this thread once a week? Otherwise I'm bound to forget it. I want to write my entry now, while I'm thinking about it, but I have a BIG test tomorrow that I need to spend my time prepping for. I know bumping is frowned upon, but would it be alright for this thread to be bumped once a week up to the deadline, just so people don't forget?

because...I'm fail and I know I would totally forget... because I already did. :x

I will remind you, when you remind me - deal? <3
Btw. Sanne my idea I sent you via msg would also fit into that thread XD
Ah, okay Kim :)

And LOL Sanne! You're silly xD

Miss; Deal! *giggles*

Guess whaaaaaaaaaat!

Still nothing. :(

Is there a particular reason why people aren't submitting entries? Are the prizes not stimulating enough, are you uninspired, do you not like me (that is totally okay!) or is the contest too difficult? I'd love any and all (civilized) feedback, even if it's something negative to me! I might be able to change something to make it more to you guys' liking if I know how to. XD
Since I wrote so much for NaNo yesterday, I'll let your contest take priority and I'll write my entry today <3
I don't think it's unstimulating, I think it's just the fact that people might be busy. It is NaNoWriMo now after all! *giggle*

I've not had a single entry sent to me since the contest started. :( So considering there are only 2 more days left, and I've had not a single indication I'm going to get even 3 entries by the end of it, the contest is cancelled.
I didn't do my entry 'cause from the talkness it seemed the contest was already prettymuch cancelled o-o

D'aw, it's too bad though. *huggles Sanne*
Kim Site Admin

That's such a shame! I thought for sure this was going to be a hit.

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty easy contest. Perhaps the incentive wasn't good enough to motivate people?
Kim wrote:
That's such a shame! I thought for sure this was going to be a hit.
I think the incentive was great. The prizes were pretty good o-o

I wish I could chip in on what others didn't like about it, but I guess I just can't. I don't see it. Maybe they didn't want to have to be part of a group that they didn't want to be in? I don't know. :/

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » [CANCELED] Design a Mascot contest

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus