Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Fire Up Your Pip-Boy

How does the RPR feel about a Fallout RP?
Set in and around the New Vegas area, a few months before the events of Fallout: New Vegas?
The way I see it, multiple RPs could occur at once, within the same area, intersecting and weaving together to create a epic tale of the Mojave Wasteland! Anybody?
Sanne Moderator

I'm not familiar with Fallout, otherwise I'd definitely love to give it a try. :)
It looks like someone tried to get a Fallout RPG going on but sadly it seems the group no longer is active.

I simply bring that to attention because yes, I think people would be interested!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Dylan beat me to it :)
JayBird Topic Starter

Oh well hell! I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks it's cool. I'm a bit uncomfortable DMing anything though, not something that I do so well, especially since I'm kinda a text-only sort with my RP. To be honest, I was thinking that everyone could do their own sort of thing, kind of like the RP being a playground and everyone being the kids in it. However, I'm willing to give it a try if someone wants to DM themselves. I'll start making up a character now, I think.
Dude! I would love to get in on this! ;D
JayBird Topic Starter

Alright, I suppose I'm ready to start. Maybe. I hope.
JayBird Topic Starter

Darth_Angelus Moderator

You'll probably want to talk to ToBeContinued, he's at a convention this weekend but he's the one who started the previous Fallout group.
Sounds like fun, but I haven't played New Vegas. D:
I have long been a fan of Fallout, New Vegas could be a good version to use for RP, as could any of the other versions. For those who have mentioned that they have not played Fallout, it's such a good setting, I'm willing to play a FPS(mostly) game to enjoy Fallout again. As I'm not a big fan of FPS environments in general, this is saying something. Depending on where this idea goes, I may make a character designed to fit into the Fallout setting and join you.

On another note, the punmonster in me believes the word you're looking for in place of "playground" is in fact "sandbox".
JayBird wrote:
Oh well hell! I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks it's cool. I'm a bit uncomfortable DMing anything though, not something that I do so well, especially since I'm kinda a text-only sort with my RP. To be honest, I was thinking that everyone could do their own sort of thing, kind of like the RP being a playground and everyone being the kids in it. However, I'm willing to give it a try if someone wants to DM themselves. I'll start making up a character now, I think.
Just bumped into this thread.

And it seems Dylan ninja'd me with my own post.

But yes, I would be interested (obviously). I'm also always willing to help out with stuff when asked.

And to anyone that isn't familiar with the setting, comone on, wikipedia yesyes? Besides that there's a thousand other ways to fix the unfamiliarity with a setting if you're not into reading wiki pages, many ways you could even fit into a character to form something interesting.

Though I'd like to note out that the group is no longer active because of the lack of interest at that time, half of the people that signed up never showed and with the rest it just didn't lift off of the ground.
JayBird Topic Starter

Hey, y'all, sorry to have taken so long. Life intervened and all that.
For the folks that are interested, I'm just going to say one of my favorite expletives and go ahead with it. I'm going to make a few tweaks to the character I've made, then push a post out into the open sometime this weekend.
JayBird Topic Starter

JayBird Topic Starter

A bump.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Fire Up Your Pip-Boy

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus