Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Holiday Art Exchange 2011

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Now that I've done some drawing practice and satisfied myself that I'm still capable of drawing at all, I feel safe entering. XD

Character #1
Character Name: Safiye

Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/safiye

Species: Human

Personality: Born noble, skilled in the ways of charm and diplomacy, serious about noblesse oblige toward her people, but with an ambitious streak that may lead her to do unkind things in secret if she thinks it will help her get ahead.

Brief physical description of the character: Delicate and fine featured, but still unmistakeably imposing. Not in the way that a warrior is imposing; she's just used to leadership. Pale white skin, black hair. When loose, it reaches past her waist, but most often it is upswept in ornate styles and often woven with strands of pearls or glittering with gems. On official occasions, a coronet adorns her brow, dripping silver chains like strands of cobweb bedewed in opals. She has many fashionable clothes, but unfailingly chooses shades of blue. Most often, she is seen in corseted gowns, carefully calculated to accentuate how gracefully her feminine figure is formed without appearing too immodest.

Suggested environments: Anything sort of upper-class medieval/renaissancey. Castles and ballrooms are where she's normally found. If outdoors, then in a garden, never out in the wild... Although I guess I could make an exception if you wanted to draw her somewhere snowy for Christmas. :)

Anything else we need to know: You can take some liberties with the exact design of her clothing. It can be fantasy, so long as it's medieval or renaissance inspired. There is tons and tons of info about her on her site, but the one thing that isn't talked about there (because it isn't common IC knowledge) is her dagger. The dagger is sentient and a central part of her storyline. If you want you may include Dagger in the image - he is a black blade about the length of her forearm, with a golden hilt engraved with a fancy S. If you need to know something else, feel free to ask.

Character #2
Character Name: Aethaerraent

Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/aeth

Species: Illithid (Often called a Mind Flayer)

Personality: Obsessed with books. Obsessed. Also, loves to eat brains and break minds.

Brief physical description of the character: Very tall, long, creepily thin fingers (no pinky!), overall extremely skeletal. Its skin is sort of a dull, greyish mauve color. Its head is octopus like. It wears long black robes. Complete description on Aeth's page.

Suggested environments: Libraries or caves or studies.

Anything else we need to know: Aethaerraent is frequently accompanied by The Book, a huge magical tome. It is too heavily for Aeth to physically lift, so it is levitated instead. Aethaerraent spends an inordinate amount of time writing in this book, and isn't comfortable when it can't see the Book.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) If you really want to, but it's probably better that they never meet.
Minerva

Woot, though my net TIME is sparser I know for sure I can get on with my friend's laptop when I need to upload. God bless mcds wifi.

I'm going to list three characters, all of which I would love art from or for and... well like the application thing says, they're family so if they're drawn together, coolio.

Character Name: "Ash"
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: www.rprepository.com/c/ygg
Species: Daimon/Spirit
Personality: Advisor, mentor; endless patience. Hidden-yet-detectable sensuality (known to be the center of flocks of woman due to aged charm, compared to the wine he always enjoys)
Brief physical description of the character: semitic 40-something features, 6 1/2-7 feet depending on circumstance, aged with wisdom but still enough to be seen as attractive by those who appreciate older males. Strong but not barbarian build. My reference art in my profile should give the vague idea; when depicting himself as a man in modern era he appreciates fine suits, sometimes bowler caps; older eras he went for a similar look, through greece and so on, just time appropriate. Lion-ish mane made man-like for hair. Right eye is a fang-circled, snake tongued void; left is quiet amber underscored in horus-esque tattoos. Leather gloves Endless wedding rings overwhelming hands, hanging from hidden horns, anywhere they can dangle. If one chooses to do a less human aspect, he has hawkish talon-hands beneath his gloves. Feet can be satyr hooved or hawkish; flexible scorpion tail may show. When not human take bull, hawk and lion aspects and have fun.
Suggested environments: Bars, upscale restaurants (see "Elegant Rose" in his profile), Temple (see "Taurus Temple" in his profile or "Hermes Temple" under Luci's)
Anything else we need to know: It's pretty much all in his profile.
If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Yes. Family.

Character Name: "Luci"
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: www.rprepository.com/c/luci
Personality: Playful, eccentric, extravagant, full of dangerous secrets, known for deceptive grins but never a direct lie. Seems flamboiyant, but attempts to be a ladies man; half the time he ends up with a hand print on his face. Think... Jack Sparrowisms.
Brief physical description of the character: Elfish features, typically late 20-something if human, 5'10''. Colorful, flamboyant without being gay; feathers, jewelry, beadings, eyeliner, facepainting, sometimes mimics Ash's tattoos under an eye. Symbol animal is typically a peacock, something vibrant as such. His profile describes him better than anything I could summarize here.
Suggested environments: Streets, alleys, magic shops, Temple (see "Taurus Temple" in Ash's profile or "Hermes Temple" in Luci's)
If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Yes. Family.

Character Name: "Ferous"
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: www.rprepository.com/c/ferous
Personality: Introverted intellectual with a shadowed past. Happened to have married the big villain of the personal story (Ash's brother, who recently was responsible for his death even if they died together during his atonement).
Brief physical description of the character: Monochromes. Stands same height as Luci. Crazy white hair in every freakin' direction like electrocuted einstein, but to mid-back. Scholarly wireframed lenses over stormy grey eyes. Difficult to pin age or gender, a sort of ambiguity; shares many features with Luci, though stoic and elder makes it anywhere from 30-50 as profile says. Dangerous leathers broaden shoulders otherwise likenable to Luci's, jackets, always fingerless street gloves--unless in armor where the gauntlets do it instead. Armors are black, white, and crimson ribbons with brassy metals; old armor concept in gallery; new one has black and white chess kings for legs, conch shells for shoulderguards, and a gallery effect to the swirling fabrics--in new armor the fuzzy "hair" hangs as a cowl and long, smooth black hair gets lost in the ribbons--includes some sort of script on breastplate, half-covered by fabric. Key animal osprey.
Suggested environments: Dark corners, Taurus Temple (Ash's profile) Hermes Temple(Luci's profile), Olympian Offices(Ferous' profile), forest outside of a cabin.

General notes: All profiles show animal types, if someone would want to draw them together that way. All show a human reference. Ferous and Ash show armored references if someone would want to do it that way; in which case, Via's armor is many pleated to look like feathers, gold until base with peacocky violet design; take helmet design for it from his gallery image with the crane-man, slightly helmet-fy it; hair sweeps loosely under it. If someone DOES do it a shared image with background (doubtful but one can hope), the Taurus Temple setting may actually be best. Something like a memorial painting or image to Ash with Luci and Ferous placing down memorial items during Yule/Christmas. So there's general human theme, armor theme, animal theme, whatever. But that's super stupidly demanding so... yeah.

Do what thou wilt and have fun. <3
ENTRY FORM

Character 1:
Character Name: Lilliana McClae
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=7344
Species: Human (with some not-so-human, magically-inclined perks)
Personality:Vivacious, flirty, contagious, boisterous, colorful, hedonistic, sensual
Brief physical description of the character: Fiery, curvaceous, plump, over-sized, cherubic; Lilliana is all these things and more. She's a tattoo on the outside of her upper right thigh(shown in profile), and a scar just above her heart that looks like a mottled, starburst-shaped, burn scar. Her eyes are her most prominent feature, other than her big cheeks(upper and lower), and her substantial bosom always just BARELY contained by an intricately designed bodice. She's dripping with personality and style. So hot she's liable to zap you sharper than a lightning bolt straight from the sky.
Suggested environments: Taverns, forested countryside, around a gypsy caravan, festivals
Anything else we need to know: Just read her profile, or for the best idea, PLAY WITH HER! :D

Character 2:
Character Name:
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=7326
Species:Fairy
Personality: Bright, bubbly, endearing, radiant, infectious, uninhibited, naive, trusting, and very caring.
Brief physical description of the character: Here's the fun; she's anywhere from fifty feet to five inches large at any given time. Although really she's more often 5 inches than anything. Sparkly, winged, and covered in long, long, LONG milky-blonde hair. Smiling nearly all the time, or occasionally pouting, she's sweet enough to induce toothaches. Slender, shapely, but cutely so. Oh, and lets not forget... NAKED. All. The. Time. Clothes confuse her as much as they make her laugh.
Suggested environments: On shoulders, in cups, under small things, in forests, towns, festivals, cozy firesides, on leaves, basking in the sun-you name it, she's there!
Anything else we need to know: She's goddamn adorable, if that wasn't already clear.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your
characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)
---- I don't care, have fun! These are two of my most flexible, colorful, and personality-rich characters.

ARR ME HEARTIES, I were woken up long before old man sun to go to business meetings, and so I be stuck talkin' funny in me disgruntlement!

To all ye just joinin' us, I be glad you could make this here ship before we set sail! To the rest o' ye artist-types, this be yer last day to submit yer entries! Last call, me hearties!

Translation: I'm sending out assignments tomorrow. Please be certain you let me know today if you want to participate!
Charactar #1

Character Name: Senta Morder

Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/sentamorder

Personality: Knows when to relax, and knows when to be serious. She is very confident. Senta is fun loving, for the most part. When she isn't out hunting, she tries to enjoy life to the fullest, knowing how short it can be. But she tries to stay within her moral teachings. She DOES NOT try to force her religion on others, and actually very rarely ever talks on religion.

She is very confident of herself, and shows it in her speech and her posture. She doesn't ever let anyone talk her down.

She becomes very serious on the hunt though, showing true focus and skill when she aquires a target. She has learned to never underestimate her opponent, and has sometimes been told she overdoes things.

Brief physical description of the character: Fairly curvy body-type. Slightly tanned. Mid-back length, golden brown hair. Hair is straight except for the natural spiral curls at the tips. Royal blue eyes.

Black leather vest, laced with golden string, over a dark brown half top and a white undershirt. Black, heavy cloth pants, onto which she has attached many pockets, belts, and hanging places for her weapons. Blackened leather boots, that rise to her mid calf, several smaller belts strapped over them as well. She often wears a heavy cloth and leather coat, that falls nearly to her boots. Underneath, in the lining of the coat, she has additional places for her weapons and her Holy Bible. A cross pin that holds her coat closed at the top, as well as a silver cross necklace.

Suggested environments: Whatever you can picture her in.

Anything else we need to know: Reading her profile will be the best for that :D

Character #2

Character Name: Amnestria

Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/amnestria

Species: Elf

Personality: She has a strong sense of justice and will try to help someone in need if she can help. She is often quiet, especially around persons she does not know. She is very kind, and does not say cruel things about or toward anyone. She does not like to fight if it is not needed. She can often be too trusting of people, even humans, and can sometimes be seen as gullible.

Brief physical description of the character: Very soft, fair skin. Mid-back length, golden hair. Two strands underneath are braided with a feather tied to each end and are most often thrown over the front of her shoulder. She has Crimson red eyes.

She wears a white robe that is wrapped around her and tied with a red sash. She wears a thin fabric, white short underdress underneath her robes and wears light brown sandals. She has white sleeves tied to her upper arm with red ribbon, and it falls a little ways past her elbow. The fabric of her robes never seems to be affected by normal wear and tear or the daily harshness of the environment, never easily becoming dirty or worn. Red gems on her upper ear and her ear lobes. She also has a gold head charm resting on her forhead, in which a ruby dangles from the middle.

Suggested environments: She very much enjoys nature, so mostly outdoors. But if you can think of anything else, that is also welcome.

Anything else we need to know: Please refer to her link, if you need anymore information!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your
characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)
Though I have never played them together, I think it would be interesting to see them in the same place, even though they really don't have anything in common. It is really up to whoever is drawing. :3
Character Name: Matthieu Vega

Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Matt's link

Personality: Matt is pretty nerdy, he's more interested in rock formations than meeting other people. He's shy around people who are not interested in the things he's interested but once you get him going on some subject he's knowledgeable in, he will talk your ear off with information. So it's safe to say he's pretty quirky.

Brief physical description of the character: His skin is dark as he tans way too easily and his physique tends to the skinnier side. He's not without muscle, as his job demands he do some hard labor, but he'll never get bulky. His hair is jet black and his eyes olive green. He's on the taller side, but often hunches over his journal so he's never standing at his full height. He always has his fedora as he has an Indiana Jone complex and a leather bound journal strapped onto him like a purse. He wears a lot of khaki and often has a leather glove over his left arm.

Speaking of the left arm, it is nothing but bone from the deltoids down. He has lingering fibers of the deltoids holding onto his humorous. Otherwise it's clean white bone. (If you need help with this, I think I have a doodle in his gallery that show it very well.)

Suggested environments: Anywhere. Literally. Matt travels the Nexal worlds for fun and he loves new places that he can document in his journals.

Anything else we need to know: Not too much, really. Just remember his hat and journal and the rest can be interchanged around him :)

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Probably not.

Character Name: Rembrandt Grimwulfe

Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Remy's Link

Species: Werewolf

Personality: Remy would just as soon tell you to shove it before you could say hello. He's not what you'd call a people's person. However, deep inside that gnarled storm of rage he calls a heart he's a caring and concerned person. Mostly concerned that he's going to hurt you, so why not shove you away first. He's pretty in control of his wolf side, but he'd rather be rid of the whole double self thing entirely.

Brief physical description of the character: He's tall and covered in a thin layer of muscle. His skin is pale but does tan when he's in the sun for long periods of time. His hair is auburn and literally defies gravity with some of the directions it points in as he cannot be bothered to maintain it. He has much more important things to do. Like finding the wolf who bit him and eating his heart. Remy has heterochromia and his right eye is a chocolate brown while his left is an ocean blue. His ears are pointed at the top and his canines sharper than they should be. His face has a perpetual scowl.
Remy is a vagrant, so he keeps all his things on him most all of the time. He has a big canvas backpack to hold his cloths and can almost always be found in a hoodie with giant headphones resting about his neck. He prefers jeans which are usually over worn and full of holes. He can sometimes be found wearing a take off of a messenger boy's hat with a smiley face button near the brim. As for shoes, he wears skater's shoes, something like Vans. And if he's being drawn without a shirt, he should have a bite scar on his left trapezius muscle, between the shoulder and neck.

Suggested environments: Anywhere in the slums of a city or in forested areas.

Anything else we need to know: Not too much; just stick to him being a moody anti-social grumpy pants and you're set. Also I apologize that he does not have his story up on his page... I'm lazy. But there are reference pictures :D

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Nope.
Character Name: Alacoque (Pronounced "Ala-ko")
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=1430
Species: Harpy
Personality: Shy, aloof, and quiet. She can be a bit of a downer, but it's not without cause. She mostly avoids getting close to people due to her inability to touch things without killing them.
Brief physical description of the character: Being a harpy, Allie is very much avian in appearance; having delicate limbs and large black wings sprouting from her back. Her body is gaunt and she has a haggard appearance about her (Dark circles around her eyes, slouched posture). Her eyes are round and much larger than a normal persons and her eyelashes are mostly made up of small black feathers. Her hair is short and slightly curly, reaching no longer than her shoulders and nearly white blonde in color. Her arms and legs are covered in blue skin and greyish scales, much like a birds. Her hands and feet resemble a bird's as well, complete with black talons. When she stands, her legs tend to stay bent at the knee and bend again at the third joint at her ankle. Her feet are complete with 4 toes, three in the front and one in the back.
Last but no least, she has 4 long black feathers on her head, 2 on each side. These feathers stream out from behind her ears and act a but like whiskers.
Suggested environments: Anything stark and depressing. A cemetery would be fitting...she's pretty emo n stuff.
Anything else we need to know: nothing that I can think of at the moment. But feel free to ask if you need to. :)
(Idk why it came up as "Deleted" O.o apparently my computer got confused)
wrote:
Character Name: Alacoque (Pronounced "Ala-ko")
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=1430
Species: Harpy
Personality: Shy, aloof, and quiet. She can be a bit of a downer, but it's not without cause. She mostly avoids getting close to people due to her inability to touch things without killing them.
Brief physical description of the character: Being a harpy, Allie is very much avian in appearance; having delicate limbs and large black wings sprouting from her back. Her body is gaunt and she has a haggard appearance about her (Dark circles around her eyes, slouched posture). Her eyes are round and much larger than a normal persons and her eyelashes are mostly made up of small black feathers. Her hair is short and slightly curly, reaching no longer than her shoulders and nearly white blonde in color. Her arms and legs are covered in blue skin and greyish scales, much like a birds. Her hands and feet resemble a bird's as well, complete with black talons. When she stands, her legs tend to stay bent at the knee and bend again at the third joint at her ankle. Her feet are complete with 4 toes, three in the front and one in the back.
Last but no least, she has 4 long black feathers on her head, 2 on each side. These feathers stream out from behind her ears and act a but like whiskers.
Suggested environments: Anything stark and depressing. A cemetery would be fitting...she's pretty emo n stuff.
Anything else we need to know: nothing that I can think of at the moment. But feel free to ask if you need to. :)

Evilduckie227 wrote:
(Idk why it came up as "Deleted" O.o apparently my computer got confused)

So did the site! Fixed. :)
Can't wait for character assignments :D *bounces in place*

Assignments have been sent!

Please let me know right away if you did not receive a message. :)
Minerva

Submitinated. =)

That's 2 of 13 I know of that've been completed almost a month before the deadline. We're off to a strong start! :) Good work you guys! I totally have to get my act together on finishing mine.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Haha! Count me in that number as well. I finished a week or two ago, though may still do some touchups. :)

Excellent! 23.076923076923077% complete! ;)
Ilmarinen Moderator

Shall we post in this thread? I'd love to see everyone's pretty art!
I was just wondering the same thing. I'm gonna post.
I won't be here tomorrow to post, so I'm going to do so now. I got Lance! Here is Kyle! I hope you like him!

KYLE.png

Yes, please do! Good work, f0x, Lance is gonna love it! :D
Ilmarinen Moderator

Foxy, that looks amazing! :D

I've been excited for months to post this one, since I love this char! I worked hard on it, and I'm really proud. :) Happy Holidays, Olivia! <3

2gyddg6.png

And here's a version with a transparent background, if you want it. :D Just hollar if you want the PSD or SAI file--it's ever so slightly larger.

Click me!
2ahi2qa.png

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Holiday Art Exchange 2011

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus