Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Castalysts of Putrefaction (Open)

Xiara (played by KingofHaddock)

The planet of Acta. A desert world neighboring an Ice planet and a paradise world, all three contain sentient life, all three are part of a great galactic empire, that is now slowly dying on the inside...

Acta is home to confederation of Sentient Reptilian species that live off of the planet, upon the two great continents that are separated by a gargantuan sea, which acts as a political barrier, no news comes in or out between these giants. The west is home to ancient metropolis' that have somehow stood since even before Acta's dark age of communication. Life has been kind to the people of the west. The east however, has slowly began to rot. Poverty, War, and Superstition have all run their course... But now something even more terrifying lurks on the horizon.

News of unexplained mutation across Acta has manifested itself, particularly on the Eastern continent. These strange happenings all seem to link with Acta's cursed history of Shamanism. But somehow, such a phenomenon is hidden right from under the noses of it's people. A fairy tale hard to stomach, the so-called unenlightened chose to ignore the news of these freak mutations, but blood should be thicker than arrogance, and when the time comes, Acta will come to find itself in a Hell beyond it's wildest nightmares.

(This is an Open RP, anyone is able to join, of course there will be a cap but for now, feel free to participate.)
Xiara (played by KingofHaddock) Topic Starter

A cloaked Xiara found himself amongst the windy sand dunes of the far southeast, on the prowl for a certain individual. A man that had wronged the Serpentine order by killing two brothers of the canton. Such a serious crime could not be allowed to repeat itself, and Xiara sought to see this traitor brought to justice. Dead or alive...

The dunes were deadly, for if a person chose to go too far out, they would likely be swept away by the windy sand and left to die. This person could not be far. Xiara did his best to gaze over the horizon, and caught a glimpse of a darkened cave. The heartbeat tracker proved correct. Although as faint as it was, someone was definitely inside. Keen on finding out, The reptilian made his way across the wind, to the darkened opening, and let out a deep sigh as he journeyed within, to become a judge, and give trial to this moral-less traitor.
Akara (played by Doomboyify)

The young man walked across the empty plain of the East side. He had no idea what had brought him to this strange world, all he remembered was being yanked out of the Pit, and he appeared in this place. It was a different world entirely for Akara, and the young swordsman let his blood red eyes scan the landscape before him. Off a ways he could see a deseret, the sprawling dunes seeming to be open to anyone, but he knew about them well. A desert was a turmoil of sands, a wolf in sheep cloth, and when you where at your end, that's when the wolf came, and devoured your life, taking you into its hot, unforgiving essence. The thought made Akara smile slightly. He knew the world held no mercy for those who set foot on it, no world ever did. Mercy was just a trick, a lie set up by so called heroes of war to make them feel better about the slaughter they had just finished with. He walked to the rolling yellow dunes, watching as the wind rolled the sand, and how the hot breeze stung his face, not that he minded. In the Pit, the river of flame had been close by, heat didn't bug him as much as it would anyone else. He reached up and grabbed his sword, drawing it out of habit from years of monster fighting. He refused to be caught off guard for a second, for that would mean death, and Akara wouldn't take that as a answer. He had fought to many battles, and fought hard to survive, he wasn't about to die to some pathtiec sand worm anytime soon.
Saraxx (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T)

Saraxx was heading to Acta, having recently gotten a job on the planet, having been hired to help track down a criminal. After breaking through the atmosphere she flew down through the clouds over an expansive dessert. She flew low to the ground, glancing in various directions trying to see if she could find any signs of civilization.
Toyomaru (played by kaid)

Toyomaru heard some one entering the cave and so he tried to hide behind a corner in the cave.

He kept walking across the dessert, his dark black blade resting at his side, in his left hand as he walked the dunes carefully. He then looked up, hearing something flying above him, only to see a small ship land a few meters away from his position, and he rasied an eye in curiosity. Who could that even be? He walked closer to the ship, his sword still at his side as he walked over to the ship of Sarrax, and he watched as the woman hopped out of her vessel. This only made him slightly more confused. What was a woman doing in the middle of a place like this. He shrugged mentally, and called out to the girl "Hello there." he said, and even though Akara appeared to be around 16-17, his voice was deeper then that, and twisted, almost like a demon was talking through him. But that wasn't to far off, he was rasied in the Pit, home of monsters and demons galore, so it should be no surpise that he talked like one of the creatures he slaughtered in his fight for to keep his life intact

(Sorry still getting the hang of role playing

Xiara had now finally made his way into the inner sanctum of this ancient cave, the only light seemed to come from the glowing hilt of his sabre. While surely it would be practical carry around a plasma pistol as well, such a weapon was to be used in case of a serious mission. The task at hand at the very moment was merely a fetch, and as an esteemed caretaker of the Serpentines, all Xiara really had to do was incapacitate this traitor, and return him to the hidden city, where he would be thrown in to the labyrinth to rot.

But as Xiara progressed downwards, everything began to change, at least when he came to realize that he was standing over half-eaten corpses of tribal travelers that had lost their way. As terrible as this was it strengthened Xiara's resolve, a newfound drive to find the reasons behind this brutal massacre. As he came to the dead end, he found his answer, which was nothing that he could have ever anticipated.

Standing in front of him was a lanky, twisted parody of an Actarian, bearing all the armour and icons of a Serpentine initiate. It's shape had mutated into a rotting figure. It's limbs no longer resembled arms or legs, but giant claws, a nightmarish predatory animal. The cannibalistic monster was facing down it's newest victim, making a weeping noise, as if it was lamenting over it's prey. Turning around, the creature twitched in surprise of the caretaker. It's neck was like that of a plant stem's, and it's mishapen spinal cord was clearly visible from the back. The creature stood silent for a moment, before letting out a small feeble moan: "Caretaker... Please... forgive me..."

Toyomaru saw a reptilian being walk past him . Toward the end of the cave. Toyomaru peeked from behind the corner wall and saw a unspeakable horrible sight. There were rotting corpses on the floor.

Oop: Unless he was familiar with dinosaur anatomy I don't think Akara would be able to tell what Gender Saraxx is.

Sarax's comm feathers flared up when she heard a voice. She turned, seeing a man with a sword, she too was armed, having some sort of canon-like device on her arm. She tilted her head curiously. "Hello" she called back watching Akara with her four eyes. "Who are you?"She asked she asked readying her arm canon.

OOC: (Whoops, my bad, I just put it sense you said her)

He looks at the...creature with a certain amount of intrest, titling his head slightly as he brought up his sword, seeing her lift the arm cannon. "I could ask you the same thing, I am Akara." he says, his voice still in that demonic tone, as it always would be when he spoke, because that is how he was. He watched as the humoniod turned to face him, smiling slightly, showing that he had very pointed teeth, like a wild animals almost. He put his sword back on his back, chuckling a little. He had only just got here, a fight wasn't exactly the thing he wanted when he had been here less than a full day. "No need for the cannon." he says

Oop: It's cool, Also would't really say she's humanoid either.

When Saraxx saw Akara put his sword away she lowered her arm, and tried to mimic the facial expression he had used, revealing a set of mix and match teeth, some being thin and needle-like while others were thick and serrated. She wasn't very used to showing emotions like most other races, as her kind rarely smiled or frowned often emoting the most through their Comm Feathers. "My name is Saraxx" She said in response to Akara introducing himself.

he chuckles and nods, watching as the creature lowered her weapon, as he had lowered his. For a moment, he thought it would have tried to attack him anyways, which was what he was used to, the monsters in the Pit where agrresive as any, which made them predictable. But Akara was out of his league here, clearly shown but how this one was acthing. "Hello Saraxx." he says in his demonic voice, and he rasies an eye, wondering what it was doing as it...was that a smile?

Xiara had looked upon the sorry creature that he once called brother. It wallowed in it's self pity, sobbing at the jaded caretaker, who's one response was the drawing of his deep purple sabre. The creature backed away in slight fear of it's former master.

"...I am sorry Jiokal, with all my heart. With every sinew of my being, I wish I could just throw aside what you have done. However, not only have you killed two brothers of the order... our brothers... you have also mutilated all these unfortunate souls, and for that, I can never forgive you." A mournful Xiara placed the sabre beside Jiokal's head "Do you have any last words for me..?"

The monsterous Jiokal suddenly began to whimper in panic, breathing deep, becoming more and more unnerved, until he finally let out a high pitched shriek that surprised Xiara. Jiokal jumped back at the wall "Not yet! Not ever!" The mutant screamed in defiance, he had yet to fulfill his redemption, but after what he had done, what was the point?

Ooc: this Is like reading an awesome space opera novel ^-^

Saraxx noticed a slightly puzzled look on the Akara's face. "Eh.. sorry, I've noticed that you humanoids seem to show friendliness by baring your teeth with an upward curl in your lips. I'm kind of new to it, I recently left my home planet."Saraxx said before she heard a loud shriek coming from the distance.

He nods in understanding at Saraxxs words, it was easy to understand that someone like this would be unfamiler with human emotions. "Its alright, but its what we call a smile." he says and smiles evily, his teeth showing more now as his voice seemed to echo slightly with its demonic tone, and he turned around, hearing the loud sheirk across the way and he quickly drew his sword

The red Comm feathers on Saraxx's head flared up before she darted off in the direction of the shriek. she glanced to her side, noticing Akara wasn't by her. She stopped with a slide, and glanced back at him. "Are ya coming?"She called, having forgotten he probably didn't know the signals she had used so often on her home world.

He was taken aback slightly as he watched the feathers plume up in alert on the creature before him, and he rasied an eye, his blood red pools fixing on Saraxx before he nodded and took off after her, having above average speed as he ran with his sword at his side

Saraxx continued running. While she was fast she was no where near as fast as a pure blood dromaea. She glanced back to her side seeing Akara keeping pace with her.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Castalysts of Putrefaction (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus