Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Planetary Paradise! Tourist capital of the system

Xiara (played by KingofHaddock)

"I have no need of rest at this moment." Xiara's tone of voice was slightly spiteful, but he did not mean to cause any bother. "If I am to explore alone, then I shall. Hopefully this does not cause any discord between us, will it?" The Actarian made his way toward the exit of the ship awaiting an answer before he left.
Saraxx (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

"I suppose it wouldn't.... do be careful please. I am unfamiliar with this planet's wildlife so I don't have any suggestions or information for you to use."Jaqulynn said.

Xiara nodded without a word, then took a brief pause as he gazed out toward the jungle. "I'll be back as soon as I gather any crucial information. If I do not return within half a day, expect the worst..." He left those fair words of warning as he made his way down into the cliff, and once again in the jungle. Only this time, the Caretaker was wandering in the completely opposite direction.

The sky was black as the armour Xiara wore, he was like a nocturnal creature among the trees. Audible roars and squawks could be heard as Xiara ventured deeper into the jungles. The Actarian slowly came to a strange puddle of muck. It appeared as an altar of sorts, for a small hole was carved into the large tree that lay before the puddle. Ignoring the muck, Xiara decided to inspect the strange artificial hole.

In the carbings in the tree were various smooth shiny rocks, and even a few jewels. Around the hole were odd looking hieroglyphs. They depicted various animals being tossed into the muck by odd looking creatures that seemed to hav seven limbs-no six limbs and a tail... or was that a second head? Whatever, either way the glyphs were clearly of aliens. The yseemed to be small, but then again in the glyphs everything seemed to be small.

One glyph depicted some strange looking creature coming out of the muck in the ground, holding one of the animals the people threw into it. The glyph next to it depcited the creature that came from the muck eating the animal. The glyph's must've depicted some sort of sacrificial ritual or something.

It seemed clear to Xiara that this supposed civilization that inhabited the land were but groups of unenlightened tribes-peoples, and he was not sure whether they were truly hostile or not. He wanted to garner some sort of reaction from these beings. The caretaker unsheathed his purple sabre, the very same weapon that he was able to get away with smuggling on the cruiser. It began to glow it's deep colour across the darkness of the altar, and with it's sharp edge, Xiara scrawled the symbol of the Dumahra Serpentines: A snake inhabiting a Human head.

Information of uncovering what this supposed civilization was, was good enough information for the Caretaker, he began his journey to the ship, for he awaited the reaction of these creatures to his symbol before he made his presence clear.

Jaqulynn could see him coming from several yards away. Her face seemed to brighten up. While she felt no disdain for Saraxx or Veelkor, she felt she had a hard time communicating with them. Both seemed to express little through their face and voice, expressing through their comm feathers, something she couldn't rad and couldn't process proper reactions. "Did you find anything?"Jaqulynn asked.

"The Civilization that inhabits this area is nothing more than just some ordinary backward jungle natives, at least at the first glance anyway." Xiara had explained. "Since I am not yet sure of their true motives, I have carved a symbol onto one of their altars. I wish to observe their reaction, for I do not yet know if these pagans are aggressive or not." Having finished his words, the Caretaker looked back on the jungle. Now it was night, and the inner sanctum of the wire-like trees looked pitch black.

"Odd... I was un aware of any indigenous intelligences on this planet."She said with a puzzled expression. "Next time you go out to investigate please do let me know."She said with a smile. Saraxx was outside, heating up the dinner they were going to have. Veelkor was holding his dinner over the fire they have started, with his food impaled on his three long talons.

The Caretaker gave another silent nod as he strode back into the darkness. There he made his way back to the tribal altar of these pagan creatures. Choosing a place where he could hide himself in the black that consumed the area, Xiara hid himself in the trees beside the altar to the left. He then be able to survey first hand these strange natives.

Jaqulynn followed, making sure to remain out of site with Xiara. She watched. Soon a squealing animal was heard, with several four armed long tailed aliens dragging it near the muck puddle. One of the natives was wearing some sort of robe and was carrying a staff with a jewel at the end of it. It climbed up onto the rock, and began to chant in its native language, soon taking notice of the carving that Xiara had made. It sniffed of the carving, not too shockingly being unfamiliar with the symbol. It hiss and groaned, eventually barking some orders to a few of the other tribesmen. With out hesitation they stabbed the squealing animal with some simple knives and daggers.

The Actarian turned his head toward Jaqulynn. "What are you doing here, might I ask..?" Xiara's whisper was that of agitation. He had preferred to come alone to make sure that he had the most foolproof chance of being hidden from these creatures.

"Studying the natives."She responded. She watched the small Aliens perform their ritual. Her jaw dropped and eyes widened when she saw a large being raise out of the muck. The Aliens bowed to it as it took the recently slain beast. Its mouth hung open, being large enough to swallow even Saraxx, before tossing the dead animal in and devouring it.

Xiara kept his gaze on the natives. The demeanour of these beings seemed aggressive and narrowminded. Especially since he and Jaqulynn had just witness some sort of large beast present itself before the creatures. Was it sentient? Was it an intelligent lifeform? Praying on the minds of these susceptible beings for superiority. And what effect did his mark have on their objectives anyway? Xiara simply sat in wait for an answer.

The massive being hat rose from the muck barked and hissed. It clearly expected more food from these small aliens. The lesser aliens seemed to become afraid and cowered, stepping back from the being. The head Alien, completely undeterred yb the creature's hunger, tapped it on the shoulder with his staff. The leader pointed at Xiara's carving as the Mcuk beast turned. IT glanced from the leader to the carving, before leaning into the tree. How it saw without eyes was a complete mystery. It let out a very loud bellow, making the leader jump, stumbling several feet back. It began speaking in a distorted deep voice, in the same language as the aliens. The leader jittered back, eventually motioning for the others to follow.

The muck beast turned back to Xiara's carving, slapping muck over it. "I-I would like to return to the ship now..."Jaqulynn whimpered quietly. Unknowingly, Jaqulynn put her weight on her back legs, snapping a stick that was under her. She froze, soon realizing she wasn't covered by foliage. The Muck Beast spun around with surprising speed. It looked around in Jaqulynn's general area. It didn't seem to see her, despite her being relatively visible. It gurgled before slowly retreating back into the muck it came from.

The Caretaker kept a tight grip upon his saber. "Very well... But remember to keep hidden." Xiara whispered as he prepared to move. "I wager that these creatures know the jungles far better than we ever could." More and more information about these beings seemed to pour forth, it would be best to warn the Saurasapiens of his and Jaqulynn's findings.

Jaqulynn nodded in agreement, having quickly made a short dossier in her data banks on the Muck Creature, and the small tribal aliens. She quietly stood up. A few puddles were seen in the muck, but the beast in it didn't seem to react to her standing up. A pair of kitchen knives formed in her hands, the closest thing she had to weapons. "Wh-What do we do if we run into the aliens again?"Jaqulynn whispered.

"Should we come across them once more, we shall allow them to make the first move of... diplomacy. We cannot act too rashly, not yet anyway." Xiara replied as he made his way back to the ship. He was guided by the light that emitted from the windows of the activated vessel. "Our safe haven... for now at least."

"H-How are we going to be diplomatic with them? We don't speak their language, which makes communication more or less pointless!"JAqulynn said. It was clear she'd never been in a situation like this before. "Welcome back you two."Saraxx said, walking up to them. She hand Xiara some roasted meat. "I assume you don't eat, correct?"Saraxx asked Jaqulynn. The android nodded, still shaken up from what they saw, and worried about the future.

"Well, we will just have to see what happens in due time then." The optimistic Caretaker answered. He stared confused at the roasted meat that Saraxx had handed to him. It wasn't that long ago that he had eaten, perhaps Saraxx' species required more nutrition to sate their large bodies. Nevertheless, Xiara simply was not hungry, conveniently leaving the meat by his side. "Forgive me, but I am not hungry." He confessed.

Saraxx nodded. "What did you two find?"She asked. "Uh... some native lifeforms."Jaqulyyn responded, still being visibly shaken up.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Planetary Paradise! Tourist capital of the system

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus