Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Thanksgivinating

You know, when I was a kid, I was actually attacked by a turkey once. A friend of mine had an uncle who kept turkeys as pets and he invited me over to come see. Well, the big dude turkey got all territorial when I, the new guy, showed up, and proceeded to latch it's talons into my 7 year old chest and attempt to beat the living tar out of me with it's wings.

Every Thanksgiving I take time to stare at the turkey while it's in the oven and say, "Top of the food chain, b!7ch."
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I feel hungry after reading that :)
XD GOOD FOR YOU, BUDDY. Good for you! Show all those dastardly turkeys who's boss!

Now I'm hungry too!
Andryn Topic Starter

...yeah, Kim we need a buffet widget.
Sanne Moderator

There is no thanksgiving here and no turkeys on our dinner plates. Maybe with Christmas!
LOL Andryn! Ohhh, so good to have you back. XD

My appetite has been growing the past couple days (which is strange for me because, as my grandpa says, I eat like a baby chick). I think it's in preparation for all that delicious food.
Yuka

Sanne wrote:
There is no thanksgiving here and no turkeys on our dinner plates. Maybe with Christmas!

Same here! Hope everyone had a good turkey-nomming day though.
As a crazy Canadian we had our Thanksgiving in October. :D

Sadly, no Turkey. There was only two of us and we would have drowned in turkey, even if I bought a small one!
Woke up this morning to an early Thanksgiving preparation.

Turns out we're having it a day early because 1) my grandmother doesn't get out of the house, so we're having a true blue family dinner and 2) tomorrow we're going to some friends' home to have breakfast and then dinner and the 49's game with them.
Dylan wrote:
As a crazy Canadian we had our Thanksgiving in October. :D

Sadly, no Turkey. There was only two of us and we would have drowned in turkey, even if I bought a small one!

Yay for canadians!! :D lol, buut I'm looking forward to christmas turkey
TURRRRRKEEEEYYYYYY! *drools* Well I'm taking more from my grandpa tomorrow so yum.
Andryn Topic Starter

First person to find or develop a Thanksgiving mod for Skyrim gets two Awesome points.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Thanksgivinating

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus