Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Shield world Siren (Private)

Prophet of Truth (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

"Well as long as they don't open fire we should be fine. These towers we are in have shields but they will fall under plasma fire." The monitor said as the room activated. The room looked identical to the last.
"Perhaps an additional mass effect field may provide assistance."Zk offered. "ZK, none of us can make a biotic barrier that large."Paana said. "What if you add onto eachother's power?"It questioned.

"From what I see your biotic barriers would not last more then one wave of blasts from a plasma barrage." The monitor said as some banshees flew over coming back for an assault.
"It would still apply an additional layer of protection."Zk said. "If it'll give us some extra time it might as well be worth it. Please, someone tell me Alice and I aren't the only Biotics."Paana said. Several troopers stepped forward. "You all know how to make a Berrier right?"Alice asked, recieving a nod from the troopers. "Alright, get to it."She said. With that the biotic troops soon formed an additional layer of shielding over the towers. "Okay, let's hurry up."Paana said.

As they went about activating the second pylon outside two super sentinels attacked the covenant fighters. They shot down one banshee and one was taken down by cruiser fire causing it to crash onto the towers window. The impact knocked down the biotic barriers and the cruisers opened fire. As this happened the monitor opened the portal. "Quickly."
The barriers were tougher than they looked. Under normal circumstances a single individual's barrier would certainly go down from the super sentinel, but the combined effort of the multiple Biotics made the barrier survive, however the ship's blasts made short work of the biotic barriers, quickly depleting them to nothing.

Alice, Paana, Zk, and Naal made their way through the portal."How many more are there?"Paana asked.

"We have two more then we will have the teleporter activated to the center. There we can activate the final lock down and activate the emergency purge. However it seems this 'covenant' is having troops land in the enter." The monitor activated the panel and waited for the human hand print.
Alice did as she had done before, hoping the covenant would be fought off soon. If these forerunner were more advanced than the reapers as the Monitor claimed, than the covenant wouldn't be a problem at all, assuming they had automated defense, which they seemed to have.

The forerunner sentinels attacked the covenant phantoms they managed to shoot down seven but five still landed. Banshees managed to shoot them down and the cruisers blew several up. "Their ships and their plasma turrets are taking down the shields of the sentinels. "We never expected these stations to be assaulted like this. This is truly a disaster." The Monitor seemed to be having almost a meltdown. Activating the third tower the portal opened to the last. "Quickly we don't have long."
"Well maybe the people who made this place should've had better fore sight."Paana suggested. Alice went through the newly opened portal, followed by the others.

"Now. Once we activate this panel the center portal will open. It seems they have set up a large ground force. There is enough space down below to sneak and pick off targets a frontal assault would be lethal." The Monitor activated the terminal and waited for a hand print.

Meanwhile at the Normandy the ship masters super carrier Fooled Mercy and the four surviving cruisers he had began to fire at the ship. "Destroy them. I want a boarding party in their immediately. One of my zealots is dead. One is in the core I want one in that ship and the other securing that pyramid." The ship master was launching an all out attack on the human ship.
"Joker, try and open communications with those aliens, see if we can atleast try and get some sort of peace going. Considering the husks running around on the ground, we don't need these guys shooting us, and they don't need us shooting at them. And neither of us need the increase in troops that the husks would get if either of our ships were taken down."Garrus said.

"Well, I think ZK and I can take out a few of the aliens down there."Naal said. Alice placed her hand on the terminal, waiting for the monitor to do its thing.

The monitor did his part and activated it. "I can re route the exit and place you each on the ridge line. In the center there is a terminal. Touch it and we may begin the purge." The monitor set the teleporters to give them the advantage.

The covenant capital ship received the transmission. "Ship master a transmission from there ship." "Play it through." In the middle of the control deck a hologram came up. "This is ship master Tharl Zestra of the ship Fooled Mercy. Who are you and why do you contact us?"
"So what exactly is this pruge?"Alice asked. "Does release some kind of gas on the planet that kills the flood, or some sort robot?"She asked

"This is Garrus Vakarian Commander of the Normandy, the ship your troops are currently engaging. I'd like to try and work out peace terms. We have no idea where we are, honestly I don't even think we're in the same galaxy we were in a few hours ago before we ran into you. I assume this world holds some form of significance to you, and if you'd stop shooting at us we'd gladly leave. We don't want to be here any more than you want us to be. Plus with the husks running around down there neither of us needs to be wasting our ammo and troops on each other and we should focus on the husks."Garrus said.

"Why the purge uses energy from the red giant we are orbiting. It harnesses the energy and releases it radiation and all into the infected layers. Everything that isn't in the lock down area will be obliterated by the heat and radiation." The monitor explained in a motionless explanatory tone.

"You dare ask to be left alone. You come in here. Attack my men why they are examining a holy temple. Attack that temple and release the parasite. You dare have the nerve to ask me for mercy and to allow you to leave?" Tharl showed a immense amount of rage. "You are nothing but heretics. You are trying to stop us walking the path. But we will not be thrown of it."
"We did not open fire on you. We went through a mass relay, came out in the middle of your fleet and you sent boarding parties that opened fire on us once they boarded our ship. Every attack we've ahd on you and your troops has been purely in self defense. On top of that, we don't know what this path is, and quite frankly we don't care. And we're not trying to throw you off it either. We just want to leave this planet."Garrus replied.

""Wait, we've got allies up there."Alice said.

The ship master seemed to show a bit of compassion towards the turian. "That doesn't change the fact you released the parasite. You have no idea what you wrought." Tharl almost respected the Turian for his strict tone and obvious determination. "The prophets would not allow something like that to go unpunished. Especially if it brought harm to this place."

"But this containment must be activated. If we don't stop the flood they could get into a ship and leave. Besides I have detected several viable and living flood specimens on your ship. They need to be contained. You must understand the gravity of the situation. We need to destroy the flood here before they escape of entire star systems could fall to infection." The monitor clearly had a bigger picture in mind.
"Well, how would they leave? There's a giant metal ball over the world. Kind of makes leaving the planet nearly impossible."Alice said. "And considering the threat these creatures pose wouldn't there be some other alternative defense method on the planet?"Paana asked.

"Well, what if we helped you take out the husks... or the flood as you call it."Garrus offered.

"The forerunners met a premature end to stop the flood threat. They had several containment methods but you all have rendered them useless. Now go down there activate the terminal and we shall terminate this threat." The monitors tone seemed to be becoming more aggressive and his purple glow flashed red for a fraction of a second.

"You have done enough. The flood threat is out and you will only lead it to grow. But you seem honorable Garrus Vakarian it is a shame how we have met as foes." "Ship master we are picking up slip space disturbances. Similar to when these new comers came from." "Monitor it and keep me informed."
Oop: This is Alice's hood/helmet: https://www.google.com/search?q=mass+effect+recon+hood&biw=1538&bih=815&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=Rz55VIySH8GigwTr-4CIBg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=7gyUtR4U5UuA5M%253A%3BcuAOnD6-qU3qjM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fimg4.wikia.nocookie.net%252F__cb20120408224424%252Fmasseffect%252Fimages%252Fd%252Fd9%252FRecon_hood.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fmasseffect.wikia.com%252Fwiki%252FRecon_Hood%3B288%3B260

Alice folded her arms across her chest, glaring from beneath her hood. "No."She replied. "Not until we save our troops above ground."Alice added.

"Garrus, I'm picking up unusual energy signatures."Edi announced. "Okay whatever. Look I'm sure your prophets and I can work something out. We didn't consciously choose to release the flood. Hell, we don't even know what it is."Garrus said. "Garrus, I'm picking up a Reaper's signature."Edi said. "Plus if we find a cu-What?"Garrus asked. "I am picking up a reaper signature."Edi repeated.

By now several ships had arrived at the Mass Relay. Amongst the ships were a few reapers, still not attacking for some reason. For obvious reasons the non-reaper ships were on high alert. "So, you should be able to fix the relay?"The commander of the main dreadnaught, an Asari Matriarch, with thew small fleet asked a hologram of Harbinger. "Yes. It is a simple glitch that should be no trouble to eliminate."Harbinger replied. Crawling over the relays were several Reaper capital ships and destroyers, slowly, but surely repairing the relay once the problem was located. Soon Harbinger sent out a warning. "Retreat. The Relay is about to fire."Harbinger said, as several reapers backed away from the relay. Unfortunately, one of the Reapers, a destroyer, hadn't taken notice of this warning, being too distracted by its work, and within an instant it shot off through the relay.

The reaper exited the jump, suddenly finding a massive purple ship of unusual design before it. It was clearly not made by any of the other known races of the galaxy, atleast, not made by any of the space faring races. After a few moments its multiple programs that made up its consciousness had a sudden reset. It no longer cared for the safety of the aliens, well, not their immediate safety. The organics wouldn't understand the reaper's ultimate goal. They'd only see it as death, and not rebirth as it truly was. An oddly shaped small craft slowly approached the reaper. Several organic signatures were detected on it. The plates over the Destroyer's eye and main weapon slid away. A red energy coursed through it, before shooting out and destroying the small craft in a single hit. A loud sound blared from the reaper. Its eye aimed at a similar ship, and shot it down.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Shield world Siren (Private)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus