Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Shield world Siren (Private)

Prophet of Truth (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

"Well you see during our war with the flood even forerunner ai were able to be manipulated by the flood. So we can control many things however major security functions are out of my hands as no problem was meant to occur."
"Clearly things can go wrong."Paana said. "If this flood is harmful to organics, then why keep it? Why not simply destroy it?"ZK asked.

"The librarian thought it would be a good idea to study it in hopes of finding a cure. She faced some alternative views but she thought in case the flood existed outside the galaxy. I think she made the right choice. It was a difficult one." The monitor seemed to be upset as it moved into the facility.
"Was there any Evidence of this pathogen being extra-galactic?"ZK asked. "I'm assuming it just kind of popped up. Like the reapers."Naal said. "So I'm pretty sure that's a decent reason to assume some virus that does that to people would be from another galaxy. Besides. If you can cure it, you may be able to whipe it out."Naal added.

As they all walked into the facility the monitor continued speaking. "From what I gather on these 'reapers' they seem similar to the flood. However the flood in the same level they were during the great was are by far a larger threat. The librarian thought best to study. After all if there are more flood outside the galaxy and they come back if we have no cure and simply let the galaxy forget about them it would be horrible to think about. Heaven forbid the flood make it to your universe. Without our weapons to deal with them you would face galactic extinction."
"Well, we recently got some back up that I don't think the flood will beat."Paana said. "So how much longer til we get to these systems we need to get to?"Naal asked.

"Oh we need to access the teleportation grid. It will allow us to instantly teleport into the planets core." The monitor approached three things that looked like spaced and curved door frames.
"Okay."Naal said, slightly skeptical. "So where is that?"Naal asked.

"Why here of course." The monitor scanned the door way like things and they lit up with a orange and yellow portal. "This is linked directly to the core. Please follow me." The monitor went in.
"Hope this isn't harmful to Dextros"Paana muttered, before walking through the portal with Alice following. Soon Naal, ZK, and the rest of the small group followed.

The group would come out at the end of a big long room with a massive glass viewing area at one end. They were inside the planet and could see the other four terminals and a center sphere about four kilometers in diameter. The inside of the planet was lit enough to see but rather dark. Small 'fleets' of sentinels and super sentinels flew by to go out and target the flood. "Welcome to the core."
"Impressive...."Paana said glancing around. "Question."ZK asked aloud. "Yes?"Naal asked. "The flood was released after a short battle with an unidentified organic race. The unidentified Organic was hurled through a window through the use of Biotics. Why have the window in the location?"Zk asked. "Keela... not this debate again...."Naal muttered.

"Why those were containment tanks. They allow easy access and viewing of the spores. However the biotic impulse after the impacts caused by that 'krogan' led to critical damage on the containment glass." The monitor seemed to feel negative towards the means of the floods release.
"Why not simply have a completely enclosed containment unit, and use some form of recording device to monitor the flood, rather than risk containment breach with windows."Zk said. "Because not everyone can sync their brain with a computer system like the geth can."Paana grumbled. Zk gave an odd modem-like buzzing noise in disaproval. "We did not mean to sync an organic brain with some ofrm of technology. From our understanding many organics have developed a form of recording technology. Why not use this instead of windows, after all windows are-"ZK said before being cut off by Naal." Structural weaknesses. We know ZK. But what's been done is don. No reason to debate it now."Naal said. "Is your geth always like that?"Alice asked. "Occasionally."Paana replied.

"We never expected anyone to be so ignorant. We thought you would not attack on the containment glass. If you actually look at it you would relieve it is thicker then the windows on your ships. Being a registered seven inches. The containment zone was never meant for combat. Since it was your mistake you should help us contain it. Activate that console there then we shall move onto the next one." The monitor seemed a bit aggressive towards you for the out break.
"Uh.... how do I do that? I hardly understand how Prothean tech works and we've been studying that for god knows how long. But we've never encountered this kind of technology before."Alice said. ZK gave off another frustrated buzzing noise, unsatisfied by the Monitor's answer, still adamantly believing that the windows shouldn't have been used to contain such a dangerous life form.

"Your synthetic seems to disapprove of our methods. However he doesn't know what we use. Our technology is beyond even your reaper technology. Now simply have a reclaimer put their hand on that panel and I shall activate the required sequence." The monitor said this as he picked something up. "Slip space ruptures detected." he said looking out the massive window. Three covenant ships emerged and began to investigate and land drop ships all over the center orb. "You must hurry. If you do this the portal to the left of the panel will open allowing us to head to the next station then activate the others one by one." The monitor began to feel panicked by these events. As they approached a hologram appeared as a screen and the control panel had a 3D interface.
Alice glanced at the Monitor, before placing her hand on the hologram. "Okay so do your thing now I guess."She said.

"Ok." The monitor fired his purple beam into the console and the portal opened to their left. "Hurry we must activate the next." The monitor went into it.
Alice nodded as she headed through the portal, followed by the others."Are these unidentified Organics capable of interfering?"ZK asked.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Shield world Siren (Private)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus