Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Shield world Siren (Private)

Prophet of Truth (played by Dreath)

The universe exists with many parallel and split universes some with through the right means can bleed into others. Two universes that are opposites yet can be breached. One with the ultimate synthetic threat the other the ultimate organic threat. In one of these the human race is only into the start of their spacial empire. Barely out of their own sector they have no idea what lies beyond.

On the other end of the galaxy a are of space unknown to any human. A small planet orbits a red giant. The planet rims with a unnatural feel yet looks normal. A while away but with the planet in their view a massive fleet of ships waits. The smallest of these ships is just off five kilometers and has a clean and well made hull. Inside lies a tall eight foot tall creature. It wears yellow armor and sits in a thrown like seat. "Contact the prophets let them know we have found a sacred world of our gods." The creatures mouth was split into a upper lip and four mandibles.

Standing he bows down as in the center of the control room a hologram of a large thrown and a scrawny creature wearing red and a crown. "Noble heirarch we have located a holy world of the forerunners." "Excellent work ship master. Now land inside and be cautious. You shall begin harvesting relics and bringing them to our holy city." The heirarch orders the ship master as he remains kneeling. Rising he says. "Yes great prophet. I will begin immediately." With a nod the prophet disappeared and the ship master began his ships to approach the planet.
"So why on Palevan are we going out to this Mass relay Riisart?"A femle Turian in crimson and goldarmor asked. "This relay has recently been showing glitchy behavior lately. I wish to see if this Relay couuld be fixed, or if it could be diagnosed."A salarian replied in blue and yellow armor. "Well, hopefully this'll go easy. Assuming that Riisart knows what he is doing. So hopefully we won't be pulled apart molecule by molecule"A Quarian with a green bio suit replied. "Hmm..... This thought just occured to me. Can we even dock on a Massrelay?"Riisart asked. "Uh... I... uh... I really don't know."A Krogan warlord replied. "I mean, I could see why you could dock, but I can also see why you couldn't."The Krogan replied.

After a short while a small Starship arrived at te Mass Relay. "Alright, beginning docking procedure."Riisart said. "So. ZK. Anything you'd liek to add to docking on a Mass Relay?"The Quarian asked. Next to him was astandard Gethtrooper. "Negative. Unless you consider 'be cautious' as useful insight."The geth replied. "Alright, we're connected. I think. It might be a good idea for anyone whose coming with me to put on their helmets."Riisart replied. "ZK, I may need your assistance."Riisart added, with the Geth following after Riisart as he headed out.

"Okay so first things first we'll need to figure out how to link you up to the Mass relay's sstems to run basic diagnostics. Then we'll need too-"."We detect an energy build up. We have reason to believe a ship is about toexit the Mass relay. We feel it would be best if we returned to the ship."ZK explained. "Seriously? Fine. Let's go. Maybe we can convicne the council to lock this Relay until we can get it fixed."Riisart grumbled heading back to the ship.

After a few moments a ship appeared. Clearly visible on its side was'Normandy'."Holy... I think we just met the Normandy...."The turian said. "See if we can contact it. Maybe Wrex is on it right now."The Krogan said with childish glee. "Isn't he supposed to be on Tuchanka?"The quarian replied. "Yeah but, y'never know. Besides, wouldn't you want to see if that Tali girl was onboard if you had the chance Naal?"The Krogan rebuttled. "Not really. Id much rather meet Wrex too. After all he IS leading the Krogan species."Naal replied. "What did we miss?"Riisart asked enteringg the ship. "You missed the Normandy's arrival." The turian replied. "Oh! Excellent! Open up a comm channel with them. They may have a Spectre onboard, and if sowe may be able to get this relay momentarily locked offfrom transport!"Riisart said, quickly running up to the contorls and pressing several buttons.

Soon a comm opened up. "Hello? This is the Normandy. Who is this?... uh... and how are you docked at the Mass relay?"Joker asked. "This is the Polyanthus. By chance isa Spectre aboard?"Riisart asked. "Uh, yeah there is. Why?"Joker replied. "Excellent. I require access to this Mass relay. It has been showing unusal behavior and readings lately. Plenty of energy spikes and such. I wish to correct what ever is wrong with the relay, but if ships are still using it that may prove difficult. I need it to be cut off from trav-"Riisart said before being cut off by ZK."We are detecting a very high increase in energy from the relay. We would suggest immediate evacuation of the relay."Zksaid. Soon the multitude ofrotating and spinning rings in the relay began increasing their movement speed, with energy building up i nthe center, before exploding out wards, hitting the Normandy and Polyanthus.

"Ugh... what just happened?"The turian asked sitting up and rubbing her head. "The Mass relay over charged itself. I think. We should be alright."Riisart said, glancingover at the turian, who had a shocked look on her face. "Paana? What's wrong?"Riisart asked standing up. When he saw what was outside his jaw dropped. One minute they were docked at a Mass relay, the next they were infront of some sort of large purple ship of unknown design nor origin. "Where did that relay send us?"Paana asked herself.
Prophet of Truth (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

"Ship master we have two ships. Unknown origin appearing below us. One seems armed the other does not." The tall alien in blue armor told the golden armored one. The covenant fleet consisted of thirteen ships. Twelve regular cruisers and a super carrier about seven kilometers long. "I want that ship to be put under investigation. Have it scanned and boarded. Have gun on the ready. Nothing will harm ruin this day of finding a holy relic." The ship master commanded his men with power and a caring tone. Yet he seems like he would not take well to traitors or insubordination. The covenant ships began scanning and reported several dozen organic life forms on the armed ship and only a few on the unarmed one. From the hanger of the largest ship six purple banshees three boarding craft flew towards the ships. The banshees where there for support and would fire if fired upon. The boarding craft would split with one on the Normandy and two to the other. This was one for each air lock. Each one has ten grunts and two elites. The elites all have blue armor and the grunts are orange but two of each are red. The orange ones have plasma pistols and the red with needlers. The elites had plasma rifles and all of them have grenades.
"Ugh..... great..... where are we?"Joker asked glancing over to Edi. he groaned when he figured out she was offline. "Brilliant. There's goes control over just about everything. Let's see if we can try and reboot you."Joker said, beginning to press several buttons. Soon Ed's robot body sot up into conciousness. "What happened?"She asked. "Not sure. I think somebody made the Mass relay made and it warped us to god knows where."Joker replied. "I am detecting three crafts approaching us and the Polyanthus. I believe the yare armed."Edi said. "Ah great.... Would you be abe to get thenegines bac online?"Joker asked. "I can, but it will take several minutes before they are active again."Edi replied.

"What kind of ships are those? I've never seen any like them."Paana said,inspectig the approaching Banshees. "I do not know I m afraid. Perhapsthey belong to a new race of aliens we have yet to discover?"Riisart suggested. "Are they hostile?"Naal asked sitting up and checking his suit for any punctures.

Connecting to the Normandy's two docking bays the covenant hacked the door and let themselves in. The Polyanthus had the second one attached to it's airlock. In both ships the grunts and elites began pouring out and getting into formation. "What ship is this?" An elite inside the Normandy asks. They began to walk through. Some in the second half and the second squad near the front. The ones near the front slowly crept forward weapons raised. The ones in the back snuck up and found the engineering bay. There were three humans working on what could be guessed as the engine. "What the hell happened anyway?" He asks re connecting some power cells. The covenant forces moved down to investigate them. They would fire the moment it was required.
"We are being boarded."ZK announced. "Oh great..."Paana said. "Sokadrak, come on. I might need some back up. Riisart, Naal, you two tyr and figure out where we are. ZK, keep your scanners open for any more ships."Paana ordered, heading to the air lock. When the Polyanthus's airlock opened, the Elites and grunts in it were greeted by Paana and Sokkadrak. "What is the meaning of your boarding?"Paana asked. "Y'know, your troops are about as terifying as a Volus."Sokadrak said looking down at the Grunts. "Hey, think they are Volus? I mean, I've never seen a Volus outsideof its suit."Sokadrak added.

"Joker, we are being boarded by an unknown ship. "Brilliant. Get Garrus or Javik on the comms. We might need some fighting done. "Kinda remind you of Volus don't they?"One of the crew members asked one of his coworkers when the Grunts entered the room. "What is going on?"Liara asked coming out of her quarters. "One minute I'm perfectly connected to my network and then the ship lost power and now I can't even get the most miniscule of... extra-net...."She ranted before noticing the Grunts roaming the crew deck. Her eyes quickly caught sght of one of the Elites. "Uh.... who and what are you?"She asked

The elite turned and looked at Liara and snarled. Raising it's plasma rifle the other elite and grunts took aim around the ship. "What are you? Why are you hear at this world of our lords?" The elite seemed to interrogate her trying to get information. The grunts down with Riisart and Naal seemed to jump and be afraid. "Daah." The front two say cowering. The elite in the back came forward revealing it'self from the darkness of the ship. "What is the meaning of your coming here?" The elite raises his plasma rifle. "What is a Volus?" The elite and grunts would fire at the slightest sign of aggression.
"I am an Asari, and what do you mean a world of your lords?"Liara asked.

"A volus is a small fat alien. Kinda like these guys."Sokadrak explained. "I don't even know where here is buddy. Now get off my ship or we'll have to make you leave."Paana said.

At Sokadrak's response the elite moved forward showing it's size. "No. You may be hear to harm this sacred place." The elite raised his plasma rifle to Sokadrak's chest. The grunts up front got over their fear and raised their glowing pistols. Meanwhile at Liara the Elite heard her words and seemed to take offense. "You know nothing of our lords. You are all heretics who wish to stop us on our way along the path." He raises his rifle and points it at her head.

Meanwhile outside the ship the fleet approached the shield world. "Why are we not being allowed entry. Does this place not realize we are on the path?" The ship master seemed aggravated by it. But then a strange thing happened. The two new ships that floated slowly towards the planet were being scanned. "What is it doing to those ships?" The ship master asked curiously.

Back aboard the ships the covenant looked in aw as the orange scans went over. The scans quickly left the ship. The planet seemed to react to the contents of the ship.
Sokadrak grinned under his helmet. "Alright if you wanna fight, let's fight."He said, before slamming his head into the Elites. He grabbed the handle of his hammer, empowering it with a Biotic blast. Paana drew her phaeston and opened fire on the grunts, as did ZK, Naal, and Riisart.

Before Liara could respond the ship was scanned by theshield world. She took her chance when the Elite was distracted, launching a Biotic blast at him. "Everyone! Get to cover!"She shouted, preparing another Biotic blast.

The elite hit by Liara was knocked back but kept his balance. With a roar he started fireing his plasma rifle. The rounds melted through the walls burning holes in the light internal metal not harming the outer shell. The grunts fired at Liara and the people in the control deck. Most of them hid but one was hit in the neck by a needler and collapsed. "Kill the heretics!" The elites yelled. The elites charged into the bridge were Liara went.

Meanwhile on the other ship six grunts were dead and one elite. The other elite fired at Naal and hit him burning through his armor and harming his flesh a bit. One of the needler grunts hit a service man several times causing a explosion. The explosion blew his left shoulder out removing his arm and splintering the bone. One of the needler and three normal grunts remains. The elite charges and tackles Sokadrak knocking him down and punching his helmet braking his left eye hole.

On the ship the covenant managed to capture and arrest some of it's contents. They lined them up in the control room and were prepared to execute them on order from the ship master. "Ship master what do we do about the occupants on this ship?" The elite asked over coms. "Kill them if they refuse to share information. And after they share kill them as well." "Yes ship master." As the elite spoke the prisoners were out of view for a moment. Then the power came on and the ships boosters could be activated from a single button behind them.
Oop: Liara isn't on the ship withNaaland the others XD She's on the Normandy, also I wouldn't really say Sokadraks helmet has a visor. More like weird eye ports or something. Not sure how to describe them.

Sokadrak chuckled, rolling over onto the Elite. "Tougher than ya look."He said, before pulling hishammer free and slamming it down into the elites head, , sending otu a powerful biotic blast, killing the Elite. "AGH!"Naal yelped. "I swear if I get some kidn of plague."He grumbed, firing at the Grunt.

Javik exitedhis room, having managed to sleep through much of the chaos. He glanced around not seeing anyone, before heading off. He soon came across the Elite that was speaking with the ship master. He frowned when he heard that the Elite was planning to kill the crew after intarrogation. He sent a powerful biotic blast at the Elite, knocking it into the wall and pinning it there with hsi powers."Who are you? Why are you aboard this ship?"He asked, keepig the Elite pinned to the wall.

Joker grinned when the pwoer came back on. He'd managed to lock the Elites and grunts out of the control room. "Alright let's see ehre. Maybe we could knock those freaks off balance and give the rest of the crew a chance to fight back."Joker said, punching in a few coordiantes for the ship to jump to.

"Ship master they are activating a warp drive." A elite says startled in the command deck. "Shoot out their drive. We will cripple them then finish them." With this the ships fired at the Normandy and disabled the warp drive. Engine function remained normal thankfully. The Normandy's engines fired up and Joker sent the ship flying. The ship moved forward heading for the shield world. The covenant cruisers following.

In the other ship one of the Salarians on the ground activated the engines and the ship shot forwards flying towards the Normandy and shield world. In both ships the covenant were thrown down. Javik lost balance and focus allowing the elite to fall down. He fired his plasma rifle but becouse he was falling it missed Javik and hit one of the prisoners. It hit his head blowing the top off and killing him.

On the Normandy the covenant fell down and lost balance. The security crew fired at them and killed the grunts but the elites remained strong. Managing to get up, fire and kill two crew with his rifle. Liara saw her chance and went to attack. On the other ship the Krogan Sokadrak killed both elites and the grunts were killed by the others. Then as the ships speed hit them they flew back. The covenant ships fired upon both of them and escape seemed impossible. The shield world reacted to the Normandy's presence. As the covenant watched in aw the world opened up. A large forty kilometer wide hole opened up revealing a cloudy interior. The Normandy and Polyanthus were being pulled in. The covenant ships saw a way in and began to enter the planet slowly behind the human ships.
Javik let out a growl as the ship shook. He grabbed his gun off his back and fired at teh elite, shooting it in the leg and arm. He noticed the airlock, andmanaged to get over to it, despite the ship shaking. He punched in severall buttons with the internal door opening. He used his biotics to throw the elite inside before shutting the internal doors, with the external doorssoon opening, blowing the Elite out into space. "I've always wanted to do that."Javik muttered, managing to keep his balance on the console.

Sokadrak stumbled around along with most of the rest of the Polyanthus' crew. "What are we going into?!"Naal asked noting the ship passing through the shield worlds exterior. "I-I guess the planet!"Paana replied, trying to keep from falling over.

The ships were pulled into the cloud layer and cam over vast green mountain range. The covenant ships came into it a minute after the Normandy and other ship. The two ships managed to guide themselves down but crashed in a far off mountain range. The crash was minimal damage but enough to put the ships out of service for a while. The Normandy and the Polyanthus landed twelve kilometers off on a distant ridge. The grunts and elites inside were dead but the crews seemed almost completely alive. A few injuries from the bumpy landing but all fine.

The covenant ships got in and began to land on a nearby clearing. It was forty kilometers from the Normandy and Polyanthus so they would not be bothered for a bit. Three ships remained out side in order to prevent anyone else entering. The other five and the super carrier were all in the planet. The super carrier landed and set up a base in a matter of minutes. They had platforms with snipers, tanks, turrets set up and they even began scouting. The cruiser wasn't literally on the surface but it was roughly a kilometer above with a gravity lift to the ground.
"Ugh..... is everyone alright?"Paana asked standing up rubbing her head. "I am..... I think..."Sokadrak replied. "Vital signs are all optimal. I believe I am fine."Riisart said. "Ugh.... ZK is fine, but my suit is Torn!"Naal said. "I-I can't keep this hole here!"He shouted. "Who knows what kind of diseases and infections I'm going to get now!"He ranted. "Calm down. A suit puncture is a minor problem. I canhave it fixed and you vaccinated in a few minutes."Riisart said,motioning for Naal to follow him.

"Ugh... great. We crashed."Joker groaned. "Don't think I broke anything... Edi how you holding up. "The normandy has taken minor damage to the engines. We will not be able to take off until the engines are repaired."Edireplied. "Oh goodie...."Joker groaned. "Well, the invaders are dead. We're all still in oen piece,I'msure we'llbe ifne."Garrus said, getting up. He was being held with Grunt and several other crew members.

The covenant had a fully armored camp set up and they were mobalising thousands of troops. "We must search for their ship. See what you can find through out this place. Be cautious of the parasite." The ship master spoke to four white and gold armored elites. "Yes sir." The elites stand up and wonder away. Each one of them had a mission. One was finding the Normandy and Polyanthus, One securing a proper military foot hold, one to search for good 'relics' or 'temples' and one to be on the look out for 'the parasite'.

Those elites clearly held rank above the others. With each one set for their goal they set out. Massive amounts of forces following them. The covenant base would be far too difficult to assault as it but escape would be impossible for the next few days so survival would be key and a challenge.

At the Crash sites some strange looking machines fly up and patrol the ships. The sentinels watch and examine knowing there are humans inside. They don't attack or touch it they just watch and take details of it for the record.
"So how longwill it take you to get your engines fixed?"Paana asked. The crews of the two ships had poured out into the surrounding area, having set up a perimeter. "It'll take a few days but we should be up and running again soon. How about you?"Garrus replied. "We may need to get a new Polyanthus."Paana replied. "So now what?"Sokadrak asked. "Well who ever attacked us will most likely be seeking us out. We would suggest we find a safe place to stay until the ships can be repaired."ZK replied. "From what we have scanned we are out numbered, and most likely out gunned."The geth added. "Alright. M squad will go find a temporary shelter. Uh I'd suggest trying to set up a stealth field generator tht could cloak our ships for an extended period."Paana said. "I'll go with you."A human woman said. "Having another gun and biotic on hand could coem in handy."She said. "My name's Aliceby the way."Alice added. "Alright, well hopefully we'll be back soon."Paana said, as she , Sokadrak, Riisart, Naal, ZK, and Alice left.

Banshee patrols flew over the landscape. Some were accompanied by phantoms and others the much rarer seen seriphs. Covenant patrols reported back findings of several large structures including a large data storage area. This massive structure was on the other side of the mountain range closest to the Normandy. "That could contain information to help us find the sacred rings. I want a cruiser sent over their to secure it. Any news on the flood?" The ship master replied to the zealot on the viewing screen. "No sir. We have encountered sentinels so the chance of flood is high." "Very well I am sending your cruiser now. Set up a base there." He ended the communication and gave the order for one of the cruisers to move. The massive five kilometer cruiser flew over the Normandy crew with a constant pace. It's size blocked out the sun for everything below it.
"Ah crap..."Joker mumbled when the ship passedover them. "It hasn't opened fire yet. Maybe it doesn't see us."Garrus suggested. "Well, let's try to avoid being detected."Javik said. "I do not believe we have the fire power to destrooy that ship."Javik said.

Pannas's squad roamed through the forestand mountains, heading towards the tower the cruiser was. Their journey was rather monotonous. They'd occasionally pass by sentinel, but the sentinels rarely seemed to even notice them. The tower soon came int oview, as wel las the cruiser. "Somehow I am not surprised."Naal aid looking up at the ship.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Shield world Siren (Private)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus