Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Shield world Siren (Private)

Prophet of Truth (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

"What is that?" The elites did not know about the reaper at all. It shocked them before they began to react. "Take aim and fire at the hostile. I want Fooled Mercy above it and to begin glassing." The elites sent out every banshee as they went into deep combat mode. "Avoid it's main gun and target it from behind. I want banshee fuel rods to be fired at it's guns." Tharl was distracted from Garrus and focused on this greater threat. "Garrus is this machine with you?" He had a growl as he felt like he had been tricked.

"No? Do you know nothing about containment? We need to control this out brake." Flare was getting infuriated and enraged. He then began to receive signals from the reapers arrival. "What is this?" He says examining the footage. "Is this one of your reapers?" He asks Alice. His temper began to show as the sentinels swarmed the reaper not doing much due to it not being organic. The covenant in the core assaulted the tower with the group inside. Firing a blast blowing the glass out. A large melted hole was in the side as the air let out a suction. The vacuum was not enough to pull them out as long as they stayed down. However small objects like pistols, helmets and fragments of metal flew out.
"Oh, no it's not."Garrus said. A slight smugness was heard in his voice. The normandy cloaked itself and began putting out the Reaper IFF it had, making it more or less invisible to the Destroyer. "We know how to kill it though, and we'd be more than happy to lend a hand in killing it if you promise to call off your troops."Garrus said.

The Destroyer let out another loud bellow, easily surviving the fuel rod blasts. Several occuli were ejected from the reaper and began engaging the banshees, phantoms, and sentinels. Its attention turned to the fooled mercy, quickly noticing the massive ship moving. The destroyer's legs folded up into its body as it lifted off the ground. It flew above the covenant ship before landing on it. It bellowed as it slammed its front limbs down into the ships hull, beginning to wear down its sheilds, before opening fire from its main gun on the ship as well.

"Yeah it is."Alice replied, before the hole was blasted in the wall. The group got down when everything began to be sucked out. Thankfully they all had their helmets firmly locked onto their suits. Unfortunately, their weapons were not as lucky, being sucked out. Paana glanced around seeing the debree flying over them. "Alice! Help me out here!"Paana ordered, gripping onto several flying deivces with her biotics. Alice did the same as they attempted to plug up the hole.

"The machine is on our ship. It is burrowing into the back section. We will be unable to shake it." "Fine. Tell us the ships weakness and I will call off my ships." The ship began to have emergency lights and power fluctuations. "Garrus. I respect you as a commander. Assist us and we can work out an alliance. Even if it is shortly lived." The reaper fired it's main gun and began cutting into a smaller cruiser above the super carrier.

"Get through the teleporter. We can get down there and solve this whole problem." The monitor started to plea to Alice. Two phantoms came up and began firing into the room. The heavy blasts blew them around and would kill on contact.
"It's eye is it's weak point."Garrus said. "I'm going to de-cloak. Hopefully the reaper still thinks the old commander of this ship is still alive."Garrus said. Soon the normandy became visible again, cutting off the reaper IFF. "Fire at it."Garrus ordered Joker. "Hope you know what you're doing."Joker said, firing the main guns at the reaper, drawing its attention. "Okay, if my plan works I'll need you to sync the normandy's targeting system up with their ship. We'll do what we did on Ranoch."Garrus said.

The reaper slowly turned. While it was much faster and more maneuverable than most other Reapers, it was still somewhat slow on its legs. IT saw the normandy. "Shepard...."It muttered. Suddenly all of its attention was locked on the normandy. It took off again flying towards the Normandy. It let out another bellow, firing a beam at the normandy. The normandy dodged. "Tharl, We'll need to sync your ships' weapons with the Normandy's targeting systems. It's the only way we'll be able to get heavy artillery powerful enough to damage the reaper to hi the eye accurately."Garrus said.

"Come on!"Naal shouted, after Paana and Alice were thrown back from a fuel rod explosion. "The Portal is our best chance at survival!"Zk added. Paana got up, quickly hoisting Alice to her feet. "Let's go!"Paana shouted heading over to the portal, followed by ZK and Naal.

"Fine. You can have control for thirty seconds. Once that thing dies all control is back to me." Tharl directed the ships guns that were still functional were with the Normandy. The reaper was causing massive damage to the super carrier. The ship began to crack and the gravitation fields keeping it up began to give way. "The ship is falling apart. Quickly evacuate. We need to escape." The ships master began the evacuation. The elites on the bridge began to run towards the front hanger to get into a phantom.

Upon existing the teleporter they appeared a kilometer from the terminal they needed to be at. "Quick touching that terminal will activate the purge we will be clear of the flood in seconds once it is activated." The covenant forces below managed to locate them and fired. There were a few tunnels to take cover in but not for long.
Garrus nodded. "Get me that gun shepard used on Ranoch, we still have it right?"Garrus asked. Edi nodded. "It is located in the armory."She replied. "Alright, keep the sship in the air and I'll take care of the reaper."Garrus said. "No, I will."Javik said interrupting the conversation. "Considering how we engaged the reaper, I assume you have an attack plan?"Javik asked. "Uh, yeah we do."Garrus replied. "Good."Javik said. After a few moments a shuttle left the normandy, landing as the reaper landed for greater stability whiel firing. Javik got out, aiming the targeting system at the reaper as it charged its beam. Within moments the normandy had a lock, and the Fooled Mercy's canons opened fire.

The reaper roared in pain as the blasts exploded in its eye. Its plates slammed shut as it stumbled back. It had an idea what was going on. The Reapers never made a mistake. Not once until shepard arrived and killed Sovereign. Word about this method of attack got out alongside other tales of Shepard's conquests amongst the reapers. the reaper's legs folded into ti again and it took off, retreating from the battle. Shepard was a high priority certainly, but this reaper didn't plan to risk its life to kill a single blasted human. "GET BACK HERE YOU COWARD!"Javik screamed as the reaper retreated. He growled shaking his head. Thankfully the Reaper would only need a few more hits to be killed.

"No, I am not firing that thing."Alice said, taking cover from the covenant fire. She peered out from behind the cover seeing the weapons the covenant were using. "Paana, think we might be able to get their weapons?"Alice asked. "I think I might be able to get a few."Paana replied, peering out aswell, before both she and Alice withdrew into cover.

"You need to activate containment. You released the flood. And now you won't even take responsibility for it? You are no better then from all those years ago. Now. Activate the purge or the floods escape and the blood of hundreds of trillions of life forms will be on your hands." The monitor began to get enraged. His purple eye flashed red.

The covenant left their super carrier as it crashed into the ground. "Get me in contact with them." Tharl showed rage yet a bit of respect in his tone. The covenant began landing on the ground. The zealots were rallying to the ship master as they planed their next move. An elite brought Tharl a holo-communicator and he placed it on the ground. "Garrus. You shall report down here immediately we have a rough alliance for the time being. But you must come here in person."
"There's a giant metal ball around te planet. The flood isn't going anywhere,"Alice said sternly. By now Paana had ported out to the smallest group of covenant she could, a group conissting off a few grunts and Jackals. Thankfully she still had her claws, which were built into her gauntlets. She began swinging her claws at the aliens, avoiding their hsots and the Jackals' shields, eventually killing off the small group. She grabbed as many weapons as she could hold before porting back behind cover. The weapons she got were several plasma pistols and needlers, and two or three carbines.

"Alright. I'll see you there in a moment."Garrus said, as the shuttle headed back to the Normandy, soon returning to the ground with Garrus, Liara, and Grunt. Javik soon caught up with them. "Sorry about your ship. Once we get that Reaper killed if we still have a peace going I don't mind transporting you and your troops to your fleet out in space."Garrus offered.

Flare seemed to stare at Alice with a burning hatred. "Fine. If you are very well with keeping the flood how they are so be it. I must go and deal with other business." Flying away his body fades slightly to a more reddish purple. Flying away he began to head towards some tunnel systems used by sentinels. Flying past the covenant cruiser he looked over and had an idea. "The purge will happen. Even if these reclaimers don't wish it." With this he flew towards the covenant ship.

"Once our fleet arrives chances are they will burn this world and you with it. The prophets have led to many worlds being glassed. I have been behind several of them however I noticed something. The sangheili admire pride, strength and above all honor. Where most of us would get your help then shoot you I find you interesting." Looking down he shook his head. "If I where to kill you I would never do it cowardly in a ship. I would fight you one on one." Tharl seemed to be having a calm conversation with the Turian. However little did everyone know many flood began to sneak up on them. Including the powerful krogan one.
"Kind of reminds me of my race. And to lesser extent, the krogans."Garrus said. "Though I hope that doesn't mean you're going to try and kill me."Garrus added.

"Well, least that annoying lightbulb is gone."Alice said, taking a needler. ZK took the carbine, Naal took to plasma pistols and Paana took two Needlers as well. Zk opened fired on the covenant, alongside Alice, Paana, and Naal.

"You will have the same chance of killing me. There is no honor in killing a unarmed or unworthy opponent." He says seeming to smirk. With seven phantoms filled of troops landed around him. The phantoms were hovering around as plasma turrets were set up. "We will need a position set up here." An elite commander said lower down the rocky mountain plateau. "Garrus. We have a bit in common." He says smirking before seeming to tense up. Moving his hand to his waist he pulled up an energy sword. Raising hi finger to signal silence from the others he looked around examining the area. From some rustling hole a infection form leaped out. Swinging his blade he cut is in half. "The parasite is upon us." He says as many infection forms and combat forms charge in.

The covenant fired back and banshees did strafing runs of their little hold out. The monitor made his way into the covenant ship. Inside was a zealot. Flares round body and the blades down his sides shined in the light plasma purple light of the covenant ship. "Greetings. I take it you are in charge of the troops down here?" He asks the zealot. "Yes great oracle. Why is it you came to us?" He says bowing before the monitor. "I require your help in initiating the purge of this worlds infestation." "To aid the oracle and destroy the parasite. I will do anything?" The zealot was in a state of worship towards the forerunner monitor. "I require you do get me a human. Those life forms you are fighting. The one with the dark helmet with two eye holes is what I need. Kill the rest but bring me her. I need her to touch the terminal in the center of this platform." "What ever you desire oracle." With a final bow the zealot stands and wanders off to get ready for the capture.
Thankfully Garrus was armed, as were the others. "Well that's a bit of a let down. I was hoping that we'd form a beautiful alliance between the turians and the.. er.. what ever species you are."Garrus said.

Naal fired a sabotage at one of the banshees, managing to hit the vehicle, disabling its weapons. He then opened fire on it with his plasma pistols. "We have to take those shuttles out."Paana said. "Way ahead of you."Naal replied, still firing at the banshee.

"My brethren may not be as accepting as I am." Tharl said fighting side by side with Garrus. A infected elite leaped at him and with brutal efficiency he slashed it head on cutting it in half. The two sides of the infected elite landed on the ground smoldering plasma cauterized wounds down the inside.

Flare was making progress for his goal. After re directing the sentinels to be hostile towards the Normandy and it's crew they began to attack Alice and her crew. Their energy beams would be very lethal against the organic components of them. "Now zealot. I want a strafing run of your gun ships." "Yes oracle." The zealot was following blindly doing what Flare wanted.
Paana yelped as a sentinel's beam grazed her. She glaring firing the needler at the Sentinel. When the proper amount of needles jabbed into it, they detonated, destroying the sentinel. "When we find that rotten little ball again, remind me to tear its eye out."Paana grumbled.

"Well, you seem to have some authority amongst your brethern. Why not juat smack a few of them around and tell them whose boss?"Garrus suggested, taking out a few Flood forms with his assault rifle. "If I'm right that's how Krogan deal with problems like this.... well... minus the husks."Garrus said.

"Waagh." Tharl roared as he tore more of them to bits. "It is not that simple." He says crushing an infection form with his root. He turned to hear a loud roar. Without any more hints the massive infected krogan leaped out. Tackling an elite with a plasma rifle it wasted no time in tearing his head off. "Abomination!" Tharl leaped at it but it knocked him back. "That ones the biggest threat."

Flare seemed to laugh with an almost miniacle and childish tone. As the phantoms came by fireing down they blew the group around. From this two hunters came down and a few dozen elites and grunts right on top of them. They would have no choice to to split up and move around the large platform area.
Paana growled when the hunters and additional troops arrived. "Great. Just what we needed."Naal groaned. Within an instant Paana had vanished into a biotic cloud. She reappeared on the turret paltform of one of the phantoms, behind the grunt stationed at it. She quickly stabbed the grunt with her claws, grabbing its grenades before porting back to the ground, behind one of the hunters. She holstered her needler, grabbing onto one of the hunter's spikes, before activating and plunging one of the grenades she'd grabbed into the hunter's body with a sickening squelch, before porting back several feet as the grenade exploded.

"Agreed. Joker, you can see that Krogan right?"Garrus asked. "Garrus Commander. We are requesting assistance"Zk said over the comms before Joker could reply. "That might be more than a little difficult right now ZK."Garrus said. "Can you wait at all?"He asked. "Negative."Zk responded. Garrus sighed, pumping the infected Krogan full of as many holes as he could. "Send Joker your Coordinates. He'll send someone to help you."Garrus said.

As the hunter died with the explosion orange runny blood littered the area. "There she is." Flare pointed out Alice as she moved to cover. "Now." With this the zealot leaped down and slashed her weapon in half. Punching her to the ground he grabbed her by the arm and with his other arm knocked her out. "Perfect. Now all we need is to make her touch that terminal. Then you will get your reward." Flare seemed to me much more manipulating then the other ai in forerunner society.

"Wait. I have a plan." Tharl threw a plasma grenade to Garrus. "The parasite is under it's jaw. Stick the jaw and it should lead the infected to be critically weakened. Then I can finish it." Tharl nodded to Garrus and waited for him to act.
Garrus nodded. Thankfully the Krogan was too busy to take notice of Garrus approaching. Garrus stuck the grenade under the Krogan's jaw as instructed. The krogan infected hissed, swinging its arm and knocking Garrus back, before the grenade blew.

Paana repeated the meneuver she did with the first hunter with the second. Before the Zealot could get to the panel, something struck its head from behind with surprising force, making the Elite drop Alice. Zk fired at the zealot, having used his Carbine as a club to momentarily stun the Elite. He soon cloaked, preparing to attack again.

The krogans thick armor like skin absorbed the blast. The infection form tried to burrow deeper into the host. "Die!" Tharl cried leaping and cutting it in half and again along the waist. This cut it into four pieces. The remains of the infection form basically thick juice and the body now dismembered. "Excellent work." As he says this two phantoms filled of troops fly over dropping them off plus the zealot guarding the pyramid. "Ship master are you ok?" He asks killing an infected human.

Seeing the elite drop Flare looked and looked back in the same direction. His body became a darker and more red shade. "No. The purge will happen!" He looked around and activated several scans. Picking up on the slightly cooler temperature from the coolant like blood inside the Geth he fired a powerful beam in that direction. Hitting him. The zealot shook it's head and got up. "Quick put her hand on that panel!" The zealot lifted her putting her hand on the panel. A large holographic screen came up and Flare began activating it with the same beam pulses.
"We will not allow this purge to happen."Zk said, getting up, sparking. "ZK!"Naal shouted. With that a sabotage was launched at Flare. The sabotage hit, both flare and the temrinal. The terminal flickered, spazzing out due to Naal's sabotage. Flare's beam was temporarily disabled, though beyond that he was relatively fine. Zk slowly clambered over to the elite, firing his Carbine at it, with Naal firing his plasma pistols at the zealot as well.

"I have got to get one of those."Garrus said looking at the Energy sword the ship master wielded. After a few moments the Polyanthus left the Normandy's hangar, with Rii'sart and Sokadrak onboard, along with as many troops as they could squeeze into the ship.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Shield world Siren (Private)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus