Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Shield world Siren (Private)

Prophet of Truth (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

The terminal flickered as the program was not yet finished. The system was still in a state to be edited. "No. No! You blasted fool! You all release the flood on my wonderful research station and now you refuse to clean up your mess?! You will not get away with this!" Flares whole body glowed bright red as all the sentinels and super sentinels flew to assist him. "Kill them all!" His personality was now complete rage and homicidal towards everyone around. The super sentinel fired a charged beam disintegrating the organic parts of the elite.

"Well you seem to deserve one." Tharl said as even more flood swarmed. "We need to get out of here. Your ship. We need to move." He pointed to the Normandy and signaled to run. The zealot behind them killed two combat forms heading for Garrus and Tharl. He was then hit and had his arm broken. "Brother?" Tharl said looking. "Go ship master. I will hold off the parasite." The zealot fought to his last breath before an infection form leaped down his throat splitting his head and causing him to be infected.
ZK took note of the Zealot's energy sword, grabbing it before holstering it. He picked up Alice who was still out cold doing all he could to shield her. Naal fired at several of the multiple sentinels, taking out several regular sentinels with over charged plasma bolts. It wasn't long before they'd exhausted their ammunition.

Garrus nodded, heading for the shuttle he had used. "Send out a retreat order to all of your troops. We can't risk landing the Normandy and the shuttle can't carry to many people, but your troop carriers may be able to land and gather up your forces."Garrus said as he entered the Shuttle with Grunt, Liara and Javik, waiting for Tharl.

The super sentinels fired down on them. However one got distracted by the covenant forces. Re routing it's attacks it focused on them. Flare was more aggressive then previously he now attacked ZK and Alice himself. As his beam started to come online he charged it. "I will kill you myself!" He yells as his beam charges.

The Normandy's shuttles came down as Tharl and the Normandy crew ran. As the shuttles landed a large swarm of infection forms burst out of the foliage. The warm to Garrus but Tharl throws himself in the way. Slashing at them covering himself in the fluid from their bulbous sac like bodies. He took out most of them but a combat form slashed and cut his left foot off. "Aaargh." He roared as he killed the combat form.
Before Flare could fire the beam, Paana appeared in a biotic cloud, grabbing onto his frame and dangling from it. She had a newly acquired plasma pistol attached to her hip, alongside a plasma rifle on the other side. She pulled out the plasma pistol charging it up, before firing the overcharged shot directly into Flare's eye.

"Come on!"Garrus said, getting off the shuttle and trying to help Tharl up.

Flare felt the electrical pulse and realized what was happening. In a moment of disbelief Paana fired it and at such close range it damaged his core. Sparking as his red glow flashed and seemed to glitch as he fell to the ground his body gone dead. The blade like attachments on the sides fell off being held on by pulses. They fell down some slits in the platform gone.

Tharl was dragged into the shuttle. Looking down he saw the flood infection moving up his leg. Coughing some blood he disabled his sword and held it towards Garrus. "You are honorable. Take it. Just. Just kill me. Don't let the parasite take me." His flesh started to slowly change color as he twitched in pain.
Paana landed on her feet, glaring down at the deactivated ball. By now Alice had come to. She groaned holding her hand up to her head. It wasn't long before sentinel fire snapped her out of her daze. "Ugh... Zk. I might need your help."She said, glancing towards the terminal, which had come back online now. "I've got an idea."She added. Soon the Polyanthus entered the chamber through the same entrance the covenant was using. Its guns opened fire on the sentinels. While the ship wasn't made for combat it certainly had plenty of fire power considering the group that made it.

Garrus took the energy sword. He fumbled with it some before activating the blade. "Sorry it had to end this way. Hope to see you in the after life."Garrus said as he stabbed the Shipmaster in the heart, hoping the center of the chest for Elites was as important as it was to other aliens.

One of the last super sentinels flew down. It saw the disabled Flare and took aim. It fired at ZK. The Geth dodged but he was still hit on the side. The damage accompanied by the hit from Flare would prove lethal to the Geths systems. The terminals flashed as coding on the screen seemed to be automatically completing the code. It would begin the purge if it wasn't altered.

With the blade going through his heart Tharl died. Lightly twitching from the flood infection slowing but it would later claim his body. The energy sword he gave Garrus would be a strong weapon. But like most energy swords that one had a auto recharge system. Most energy swords required a charge station that one simply needs to be disabled for a certain amount of time.
ZK quickly grabbed Flare, believing the AI to be dead. Should his systems begin failing he'd establish a link to the monitor shell and transfer his programs into it. "Okay.... okay.... let's see here...."Alice said. "W-We advise against the use of this technology. It-It has not been encountered by any cit-citadel race, nor the geth."Zk sputtered. The polyanthus soon took out the super sentinel that shot ZK. It landed, with Riisart exiting the ship, followed by Sokadrak. "Alice, Paana. We need to hurry and leave."Riisart said. "Hold on."Alice said agitatedly. "Zk, connect to the systems. I need to know what this is doing."Alice said. After a few moments ZK did not reply. "Zk!"Alice said angrily, looking over her shoulder. Naal rushed over, taking Flare's body and tossing it aside. "Hangi n there ZK.... I-I'll get you fixed."Naal said. "God dam... fine I'll figure it out myself."Alice said, beginning to mess around with the code. Riisart picked up Flare, inspecting it. "Hmmm. Interesting."He said. After a few minutes Paana turned around. "Grab ZK and let's get out of here."Alice said. Without hesitation Naal hoisted the geth over his shoulder and headed onto the Polyanthus, followed by the others.

Garrus sighed. "Get the shuttle doors open. We can't keep him up here or he'll turn when we're on the normandy."Garrus said. Soon the doors opened and Garrus pushed the body out, as the shuttle got aboard the normandy. Soon the Polyanthus returned to the Normandy's hangar as well.

As Alice pressed buttons the terminal flickered. All systems over the station began to flutter a a announcement went to all open communication devices. "Shields disabled." The message was translated to any known language including English. The whole planet began to shake. As a few seconds of shaking went by a sudden high radiation electronic pulse went over the station. The whole planet was beginning to fall into the sun. If Edi calculated it they would have roughly six minutes before the planet was destroyed.

The covenant ships felt this and realized what was happening. Anyone who was in their ship did not know of the 'peace treaty' with the Normandy's crew. "How dare they. Those heretics." The last surviving zealot was in his carrier and he made the last four ships pursue the Normandy. "Kill them for what they did to our brothers and this world." The whole planet was shaking and all the foliage began to ignite as temperatures increased drastically.
The Nromandy flew away from the towers. "Six minutes. Great."Joker sighed. "I think we might be able to get out of here in six minutes."Joker said. "Joker, we can't have them following us."Garrus said. I don't think Tharl sent the message that we formed a peace."He added. "Who?"Joker asked. "It doesn't matter.... Uh... Shut of two of the engines. Then launch all the escape pods. We might be able to fool them into thinking something happened with the normandy and the we abandoned ship."Garrus ordered. "If we stop the engines we won't be abe to get off the planet."Joker said. "Are the engines fully repaired?"Garrus asked, getting a nod from Joker. "Than jump to light speed before we got off the planet."Garrus said. Joker did as Garrus had instructed. The ship slowed as it launched the escape pods to the ground bellow.

"DAMMIT! Where are my tools?!"Naal shouted, looking for his equipment. "On the Normandy."Riisart replied. "Well then go get them! Don't just stand there like an idiot!"Naal said, as Riisart headed out into the hangar. "Come on... Hang in there dammit."Naal said returning to ZK. Soon ZK's lights began flickering, before shutting off. "No! ZK!"Naal shouted, as the the Geth platform slumped over. Naal looked down, sitting on his knees. "I have retrieved your tools!"Riisart announced entering the Polyanthus. HE stopped when he noticed ZK's body. "Oh dear."He said. A sudden motion caught Riisart's eye. Flare's body wiggled. Slowly the lights on it reactivated, only being white instead of purple. It hovered up in the air, and glanced around. "Intriguing...."Riisart said. Paana glared at Riisart, assumign he was speakign about ZK's body, before noticing Flare hovering. "FREEZE!"She order, pulling out her plasma pistol, drawing nearly everyone's attention. Flare flaoted back, looking at the plasma pistol. "Why are you aiming your weapons at us? Have we broken protocol?"ZK's voice asked through the monitor. Naal looked up at ZK's body. "ZK? You're back online?"Naal asked, with his voice wavering as he lfited the geth platform up. "Affirmative. We never went offline."Zk said, floating over to Naal.

As the Normandy dropped the escape pods another wave of radiation hit the planet. Swarming over it the hyper drive short out. The system began rebooting saying it will take four minutes. The planet had just under five minutes before destruction. The flood on the lower levels were being incinerated. The planets outer shell was heating up and the planet was being pulled into the sun causing a faster rotation. This increasing motion threw everything around. The covenant ships fired on the pods and then slowly moved as the planet did. Two of the carriers were thrown into each other causing a massive explosion. The two covenant ships outside the planet were pulled with the gravity and collided onto the outer surface.

The flood samples were being tossed around. Three infection forms still alive and many spores being created in the tight spot. As the planet was pumped with radiation everything in the inner core was exploding. The planets gravity was being thrown off as well.
The Normandy shook as the wave of radiation hit it. "Dammit!"Joker cursed. "Come on! Hurry up and Reboot!"Joker said angrily. "We have approximately five minutes before the planet is absorbed into the sun. Once the hyperdrive reboots we will have one minute to go into light speed."Edi said

"Detecting increased Radiation levels."ZK said announced. "What did you do with the temrinal?"ZK asked Alice. "I messed around with it. I didn't know what it said or how to work it, I just screwed with it and hoped for the best."Alice said. ZK let out a disapproving buzz. "Well, what would you suggest I do? You were sitting there in a coma and you were the only ai that would be willing to help us."Alice said, having trouble keeping balance from all the turbulance. "We would have advised waiting fro us to transfer our programs into our current platform."Zk said.

The planet shook and flew ever close to the sun. The inner layers of the planet were the Normandy crashed began to implode. The foliage and metal collapsed as the place began to explode. The final zealot was in his ship and trying to navigate the burning planet located the Normandy. "Fire upon them. We will make sure they die here." The cruisers cannons opened fire. The barrages were not easily aimed and mostly missed. But what few shots hit the Normandy was able to endure. As the teleportation system began to malfunction anything on the ground began to be warped a few feet around as the planet destabilized. As the some pieces of the outer shell fell into the planets core a large piece of metal slammed into the covenant ship. Slicing open the command deck sucking out the occupants. This took out the front gravity generators and the ship plummeted. The planet was reaching into the millions of degrees and with the Normandy's shields degrading it would soon be incinerated. With a minute left the Normandy's engines began to reactivate. The teleportation systems on the station were going made showing brilliant yellow sparks atop the burning metal of the dying world.
"The hyperdrive is back online."Edi announced. "Alright, let's get out of here."Garrus said. After a few secodns the Normandy shot forward jumping to lightspeed, soon vanishing from sight.

The electrical pulses from the shield world hit the Normandy as it went into light speed. The teleportation grid boosted the engines of the Normandy. With the mass relay in their universe on the edge of destruction the teleportation grin, light speed and mass relay worked together forming a link. The Normandy flew out a light year from the mass relay. Missing some storage spaces, a back fin and some plating. The circuits were fried and slowly resetting all over the ship as the crew had to recover from such high speeds and such a sudden stop. A few people would feel sick and throw up but little to no physical damage was present on the crew.

The mass relay they came through had a cataclysmic meltdown and imploded destroying it'self and any link to the parallel universe. Were the relay used to be a unstable black hole now sits. Being unstable in about four years it will destabilize and collapse. The flood specimens aboard the Normandy were no longer to be seen. However with the amount of damage and trans dimensional warping the ship did chances are they were destroyed. Or so everyone would hope. On a planet on the upper western end of the galaxy a currently unexplored system would hide the abomination of a parasite. With pieces of the Normandy all over the place no one would know what happened. But the flood containment tanks were thrown onto this jungle world. Only two of the infection forms survived. Crawling out and feeling the air they wandered around before finding what looked like a ape like creature. Attacking it they burrowed into it. Infecting it and starting a new infestation on a universe with no knowledge of the terror that would grow. But even things that are hidden or unexplored like a system and planet would soon be examined. But with how far it was it would take atleast four years before any ships would make it.

In the other universe the shield world fell into the sun and was completely destroyed. But just out of the range of the suns gravity some pieces of debris remained. Among these was the remains of some dark almost black metal. The reaper that leaked back to this universe somehow survived the damage but with critical damage. Missing a bit of it's outer shell and all it's legs it was mainly a badly damaged body and mind core with eye. This flickered as the reaper managed to survive. Shutting off it went to preserve what was left of it's damaged self. Unable to move on its own but still never the less alive.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Shield world Siren (Private)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus