Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello!!

Hi everyone! My name is Lain or monsterblood, and I'm sort of new to rping. I sort of dabbled in it when i was in middle school, but that was ages ago and now I'm pretty inexperienced. I would like to make new friends with the people here! I've never really practiced a set style of rping, but I think I feel most comfortable with script/prose style rping. The sort of characters I like to use most are witches, monsters, and anything to do with outer space, although I'm okay with everything! (Also, I love drawing and making playlists, so don't be surprised if I make something for your character!!)

I do have a question though :o Is it true that you need to pay money to have more than 10 character slots?

(also please, i would prefer for people to use they/them pronouns for me, though i don't mind if you would rather use something else)
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! :D This is a great and friendly environment for getting back into the swing of things after a bit of an absence from RPing. :) It sounds like you will fit in wonderfully.

To answer your question, yes, we provide ten free character slots, and after that ask users who want to have more to pitch in a bit. :)
Welcome to RPR! We are happy to have you :3 Don't be nervous about being rusty or inexperienced. We have players from all walks of RP life here :D If you hop on in and start getting to know everyone, you will find you have new friends before you know it! Everyone is very kind here, our mods are amazing, Kim (our Admin) is amazing, and the community is the best on the net :3

I hope you settle in well and enjoy yourself!
Welcome to the site monsterblood! I'm sure you will have a ton of fun on here and find plenty of monsters, witches, and anything out in the cosmos! There are quite a few of us on here that love all of these things!! As for the slots Kim got that one. ;) Over and above the ten free slots they do cost, but they are totally worth it! Take your time, enjoy RPR, and hopefully I'll see you around the forums soon!

~Rubix
Sanne Moderator

Hi there! What a coincidence, I like all those things too! XD I hope you'll settle in nicely around here, though I have a feeling that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Also, psst, the site's birthday is coming up in a few months! We have a big celebration with all sorts of contests, a few of which EVERYONE can enter. Epicness and character slots are given out as prizes every year, so if you stick around and participate you could get permanent slots for free! :D
well welcome to our offices and if you are ever looking for an rp then just pm me im open to anything.
Hello, hello, hello, welcome to this glorious site. I hope you enjoy it here on rpr, feel free to pm me if you want to rp or need help.
Heyo. Make yourself at home here. I'd totally be up to roleplaying with you sometime if you don't mind.
Welcome to RPR! :) I hope you're enjoying the site so far!
Welcome!

As mentioned, folks are super friendly here, so don't be afraid to dive right in. We also have a range of skill levels and styles, so I'm sure you can find a good fit for yourself. :)

As also mentioned, yes, it costs money to have more than 10 characters, but you have options in how you do it. With an Epic membership, you get a bonus 10 slots (along with other spiffy account bonuses) for the duration of that membership; when it expires, the characters you made will remain, but you won't be able to edit them. More info on all that here. Alternatively, you can pay for just extra character slots, and those ones last forever! And yeah, Epic week is coming up, and it comes with a bunch of contests, some of which are as easy as posting a dice roll! I actually got some nice prizes last Epic Week myself, and I'm only been here a little over a year. ^_^
Kim Site Admin

Oh yes, that's true! There are sometimes ways to win more character slots, and the biggest cluster of opportunities is in April every year. :)
monsterblood Topic Starter

Thank you for all the warm welcomes! Those contests sound pretty interesting, thank you for the heads up. :>
Kim Site Admin

You're welcome! Hope to see you there! :D
First of all Welcome! Second, if you need some one to RP with to help you get started then hit me up

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello!!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus